Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody have luck screen mirroring Disney plus from phone to smart tv?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1,201

Anybody have luck screen mirroring Disney plus from phone to smart tv?

May 11, 2020, 11:40 PM

Struggling to figure out how to play Disney plus to my tv. So my first limitation is that we recently moved into a house in the country. Believe it or not I found a place with no cable, and no ability to do wireless. So unfortunately we have crappy satellite internet and satellite tv. I have downloaded movies on Netflix to my iPhone at work and then play them on a hdmi cable through a converter. The Netflix plays like a cha. However, if I do the same thing with Disney plus it fails. So, we got the idea to chrome cast it on the tv. I downloaded a movie at work again onto my iPhone in Disney plus. It seemed like it was going to work at first but kept buffering. So then I tried screen mirroring which didn’t work. I downloaded the app on my tv and apparently my WiFi sucks too much to play Disney plus. But you’d think if I downloaded to my phone I should be able to play it similar to Netflix. Any thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have WiFi, you need chromecast

May 12, 2020, 12:16 AM

It will cast Disney directly to tv via.the Disney app. No downloading.

That or if you have a smart TV, it should have a Disney app.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a pretty new Sony smart tv and downloaded the app.

May 12, 2020, 8:20 AM

It was incredibly slow trying to stream and basically just didn’t. That’s all because of the satellite internet I think. Then we got it playing through the chrome cast feature but it started buffering and hanging up and it just didn’t work. I have it downloaded on my phone so it shouldn’t be trying to download. That’s why I was hoping the lightning adapter would work but hasn’t thus far.

Yeah I have WiFi coming from satellite internet which I think is our

May 12, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to If you have WiFi, you need chromecast ]

Limfac. It is slow. I downloaded the Disney app which it did but slow but when I tried to stream it didn’t work. We then used chrome cast and it seemed like it was working fine and then it started buffering so much it was in watchable. Like I said I downloaded the movie on my phone at work so I can just sit here and watch but trying to watch as family. I have the lightning cord with hdmi adapter. This works well for Netflix and we’ve been live-streaming our church service and occasionally we can watch YouTube videos. But it’s not working for Disney plus for some reason. That’s the part I don’t get. I’ve read online etc and seems that Disney has some proprietary stuff which makes that difficult but I have the apple cord and I’m pretty sure the actual company converter so most say it should work.

Re: Anybody have luck screen mirroring Disney plus from phone to smart tv?

May 12, 2020, 12:46 AM

The right app will be the key. Search YouTube for issues with mirroring. Great info for how to do everything on YouTube.

If you have the latest Disney plus app for tv on your phone through them and you download then it should mirror without an issue unless their was an issue with the original download/while you were downloading. Make sure other things aren’t running on your phone while you watch it.

You can also get Satellite internet that should work great with Firestick or any TV smart box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

A 3rd generation apple tv will work

May 12, 2020, 12:51 AM

it supports peer to peer air play without the need for wifi. You might need to use your satellite internet for the initial setup, but after that, the wifi isn't necessary for iphone mirroring since it connects through bluetooth.

You can get a 8gb 3rd generation refurbished for about $50 on ebay. You'll want model A1469, which they officially call 3rd Generation Rev A. If this is something you plan on doing for the long haul, just fork out the $150 for a newer Gen 4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I don’t get the bugs figured out I may have to do the Apple TV thing

May 12, 2020, 8:30 AM

Makes sense

May 12, 2020, 1:42 AM

satellite internet is the suxor. that aside, enjoy your new home.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks man. Moving around in the military, this is the first house

May 12, 2020, 8:14 AM

We’ve designed ourself etc and hopefully our last. Kids are loving being outside, especially with what all is going around us. Hoping someday that a good wireless plan will come our way. Doesn’t seem like many new cables are being put out our way. Sad that internet is so “necessary” but it really is a cool thing to have when works seamlessly and annoying when it does not.

May 12, 2020, 4:15 AM

Your cell phone get good internet reception? If so, turn on your mobile hotspot and connect to the tv. You can stream whatever you want.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, things we should have taken into account and the price of

May 12, 2020, 8:23 AM

Building a house in the country but our cell service is not great. Admittedly I haven’t tried the wireless hot spot. I’ll give that a try. I think that until we get a closer tower this is gonna be what I have. But you’d think I should be able to play it with the movie downloaded on my phone and then through my lightning cord, hdmi converter set up. Works well for Netflix but just not Disney plus.

May 12, 2020, 7:12 AM

When I want to mirror my phone to the tv, I use an Apple Lightning to Digital AV Adapter. It is very simple to use and works great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I use lightning to adapter to hdmi cord to tv. It works great for Netflix.

May 12, 2020, 8:17 AM

It works for YouTube etc and we watch our church service streaming through it. But I haven’t got it to work on Disney plus yet.

May 12, 2020, 7:21 AM

Get a Samsung smart tv and a Samsung phone and it already has the screen share feature built in. Not sure about Apple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the problem...just get rid of that I-phone!!***

May 13, 2020, 10:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Forgive me if you mentioned this and I missed it

May 13, 2020, 10:57 AM

but can’t you just download the Disney Plus app for your Apple TV/Hulu/Roku? Or do you not have any of those services?

That would prevent you from having to mirror anything from your phone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

I have the fire stick but not the others. I have Disney plus downloaded on

May 13, 2020, 12:18 PM

My tv but I don’t think it will stream because of the WiFi. Does the fire stick download it or just stream it? My limfac I’m convinced is the WiFi. And that’s why I thought downloading it in my phone would help. It’s just interesting to me if I download a Netflix movie at work, it will mirror easily on my tv but it won’t in Disney plus.

Ahh, I see.

May 13, 2020, 12:20 PM

I am pretty sure the Disney+ app streams, rather than downloads.

I agree that the limiting factor is your internet speed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 17
| visibility 1,201
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic