Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody else who could not care less what happens job-wise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Anybody else who could not care less what happens job-wise

Jun 3, 2015, 10:39 AM

with Jack Leggett? It's a program that doesn't make any money and never has. It's filled with kids who either weren't quite good enough to get drafted, or who are playing one or two years at college in order to up their value. It's a sport that's so minor that most of the players are on at best half-scholarships. Getting bent out of shape over the baseball program is like rioting over the tennis program. It just doesn't matter, and I suspect most folks on this board are actually pretty bored with the whole "Fire Jack!" baloney.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody else who could not care less what happens job-wise

Jun 3, 2015, 10:41 AM

They have CLEMSON on their uniforms and a paw on their hat so I care..

Likewise, I pay money to watch them play

Jun 3, 2015, 10:42 AM

and have made donations to this baseball program. So, I care, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I could care

Jun 3, 2015, 10:54 AM

less that you care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

It is uninformed posts like yours that get boring*

Jun 3, 2015, 10:44 AM

Not me. It matters a lot.....

Jun 3, 2015, 10:51 AM

....always has. Clemson winning is what matters to me sports wise. The only reason I care about how much money is involved or not involved is it impacts Clemson winning or losing. I love Clemson and want our teams to win.

Re: Not me. It matters a lot.....

Jun 3, 2015, 10:58 AM

our baseball program sure matters to me! in fact it is tied with basketball for 2nd place!! I sit by this thing and either watch on ESPN# or keep-up by the wonderful BDPBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2015, 10:52 AM

here is an idea. take a break until football season, that is if you are even a clemson fan.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the uniform says Clemson, it matters. Period....***

Jun 3, 2015, 10:53 AM

i'd say eliminate all research programs as well... most of

Jun 3, 2015, 10:57 AM

them don't make money.

how much tax money does clemson receive each year? maybe it's time to privatize[not for profit of course] and cut the tax payers a break?

i mean, it's a poor state, would then be doing god's work?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FFRF and Rutherford and LGTB aren't going to like that

Jun 3, 2015, 11:01 AM

last statement.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

good.

Jun 3, 2015, 11:02 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: good.***

Jun 3, 2015, 11:07 AM

Re: good.***

Jun 3, 2015, 11:17 AM

haha

Re: FFRF and Rutherford and LGTB aren't going to like that

Jun 3, 2015, 12:22 PM [ in reply to FFRF and Rutherford and LGTB aren't going to like that ]

well that is one great thing about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'd say eliminate all research programs as well... most of

Jun 3, 2015, 11:01 AM [ in reply to i'd say eliminate all research programs as well... most of ]

Considering around 9% of the operating budget now comes from the state then I am all for privatizing and telling the state legislature we will spend our 91% how we want instead of how they dictate.

privatize and say good by to the millions and millions

Jun 3, 2015, 11:11 AM

of federal dollars the University sees each year in the form of grants and other programs.

wooood knot work!

maybe, then perhaps they shut down the university and plug

Jun 3, 2015, 11:17 AM

a huge hole in the state/fed deficit?

eliminate all research programs? lol

Jun 3, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to i'd say eliminate all research programs as well... most of ]

you do realize that all research programs are funded by outside money, private, federal and state programs. not a secret Clemson account that no one knows of. certainly not by students tuition. not by endowment dollars or any alumni giving.

if you give up research at a research University you have nothing left. no University

wait...were you joking? you must have been joking

yes, most of them are funded by fed or state taxes with the

Jun 3, 2015, 11:16 AM

states continuing to make cuts; not all of these programs "make" money, they lose it.

that's the point.

taxes...lol

Jun 3, 2015, 11:24 AM

I realize that you are not that dumb and that you are simply trying to stir up conversation by being "funny"

it does give me a chuckle that you guys are always either trying to be "funny" or trying to cause controversy by saying outlandish things. and when I say always I mean have mercy. DO YOU NOT HAVE JOBS?

i understand you're out of your league and you have no good

Jun 3, 2015, 11:26 AM

answer, but to attack.

lol***

Jul 14, 2017, 12:43 PM

it's ok, that's the public skewl coming out in you.***

Jun 3, 2015, 11:29 AM

Jun 3, 2015, 11:02 AM

What a moronic thought process! I guess you're entitled to it, but WOW!

Jun 3, 2015, 11:05 AM

I would imagine him feeling "entitled" is his biggest problem.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Anybody else who could not care less what happens job-wise***

Jun 3, 2015, 11:07 AM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nope ... this is Real Life.

Jun 3, 2015, 11:09 AM

(Sorry - memories from the 80s resurfacing)

What a horrible post on so many levels.

Jun 3, 2015, 11:14 AM

"It's a program that doesn't make any money and never has."

Why should that matter? I don't watch Clemson football because it makes money. I watch Clemson football because i love Clemson and i love the game of football. Is it so hard to believe that there might be some people around that love Clemson and love baseball? Would you like to shut down all of the non-revenue sports in order to funnel every dime into the precious football program?

"It's filled with kids who either weren't quite good enough to get drafted, or who are playing one or two years at college in order to up their value."

You must also despise college basketball. Beyond that I'm not sure where you were going with this comment? Do you think they are lesser athletes? Are you questioning their commitment to Clemson?

"It's a sport that's so minor that most of the players are on at best half-scholarships. Getting bent out of shape over the baseball program is like rioting over the tennis program. It just doesn't matter..."

So, because YOU don't like it and don't care about it, it doesn't matter. Gotcha.

Baseball is important to me.

Jun 3, 2015, 11:23 AM

I like Clemson baseball more than Clemson basketball. For a long time, baseball was the only Clemson program (of the big 3) that you could rely on to have national relevance. Now those days are gone, and I want them back.

Jun 3, 2015, 11:26 AM

What"doesn't matter" is 'baloney" like yours...It is astonishing that you wouldn't keep a comment like this to yourself. Obviously you've never played a sport in your life and if you did weren't good enough to get that "half scholarship" the tennis or baseball player worked so hard for and fulfilled their dream.....playing for the Tigers.

Plus, they use those silly aluminum bats***

Jun 3, 2015, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2015, 11:39 AM

The reason they are only on half scholarships has nothing to do with their ability. Baseball only gets a total of 11.4 scholarships to spread around

This post is textbook "how to commit bored suicide"

Jun 3, 2015, 11:55 AM

eom

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Jun 3, 2015, 12:32 PM

Yeah and usuck backing into a couple good years is meaningless. who cares right?

perhaps you dont read

Jun 3, 2015, 12:38 PM

BSB Update: 9 Tigers ranked in MLB Draft Top 350 Prospects

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic