Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any talk on the board of this Mike Leach story?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Any talk on the board of this Mike Leach story?

Apr 5, 2020, 7:18 PM

I generally fall into the the category of “think about it from someone else’s perspective” but this being a story seems completely ludicrous to me. It’s a total reach to overlay any other implications on the post than a silly joke about being quarantined with your dumb husband

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any talk on the board of this Mike Leach story?

Apr 5, 2020, 7:24 PM

Only people who are looking to be offended will be offended. I agree it is ludicrous and a non-issue.

Apr 6, 2020, 10:29 AM

Yeah I think the one DT that's transferring was just looking for an excuse to transfer to somewhere else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

I just hope he recruits players who get him.

Apr 5, 2020, 7:37 PM

Dude is a national treasure. But I see how some could be offended, not by the joke, but by the image. He's in Mississippi now, not Washington.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. But I live in SC, just as touchy as any other southern state Re history

Apr 5, 2020, 7:58 PM

This isn’t the confederate flag, or other previously neutral items that have taken on another connotation. Would they be offended by a country western hanging a criminal? It’s just a reach, when in this context.

The Battle Flag of ANV's neutral, no more heinous than...

Apr 5, 2020, 8:16 PM

the Koran for those zealots whose death wish is to kill infidel.

I know the difference between Heritage & hate, I know the difference between honoring valiant dead and some jerkoff that can't play well with others. It's far from my responsibility to enlighten those that can't.

It is the PEOPLE that carry the Koran as their banner of hatred & death, not the inanimate object itself.

If people can't figure it out, perhaps they're just not bright enough to be in the conversation?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2020, 8:06 PM

That was awful after looking at the pic. Yikes. That was extremely stupid on his part. That said, there are way bigger issues in the world going on right now. People are sick. People are dying. People are going broke.

Apr 6, 2020, 1:03 AM

Just like the rainbow and the word gay have been stolen from their normal meanings and uses, apparently SJWs have made it so that the only reason an old white lady would be knitting a noose would be TO LYNCH A BLACK MAN!!!!!!!!!!

maybe her husband is black? Did I miss that part? If so, then I understand the OUTRAGE!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Since a truck was used in the murder down the board...

Apr 6, 2020, 7:50 AM

all the truck manufacturers must be tone death?

Those bastiches; Ford, GMC, Nissan & Yota all insensitive with each uncaring adverstisement.

Stay Ram Tough 'Murica, I'm an Aries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was and still is a non issue.

Apr 5, 2020, 9:40 PM

BUT! Some folks like a fire when there's not even a smolder. Heard one kid took it as an opportunity to hit that good ol transfer portal.

Apr 5, 2020, 9:51 PM

Don't think Leach will worry about it. He was looking for a reason to leave and this just covers his ###. He will not be missed and he won't help the next team lands at unless it is a Div-3.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 6, 2020, 6:51 AM

Having lived in MS for 4 years, I can say it was extremely tone-deaf to his new environs. If he was in Washington state, it wouldn't make headlines. BUT...

This is Mississippi. The state that has had the most lynchings than any other state.

MS as a sate and culture still has deep-seated racism issues

This hate crime is still fresh in the memory of the AA community
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_James_Craig_Anderson

I remember this was scandalous https://twitter.com/smokeSr_/status/1059977931370516480

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34703281
- Man attempts to bomb Wal-Mart because they stopped selling the Confederate flag

Just last year: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/25/us/emmett-till-marker-mississippi-students-suspended/index.html

Apr 6, 2020, 8:18 AM

What he do ? What he say? Please help.

It’s a far side cartoon. Nothing more***

Apr 6, 2020, 9:01 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s a far side cartoon. Nothing more***

Apr 6, 2020, 9:22 AM

Wasnt a cartoon. Its an old photo from back in the day.

Mike Leach has a unique sense of humor...

Apr 6, 2020, 10:26 AM

and everyone doesn't get it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Mike Leach has a unique sense of humor...

Apr 6, 2020, 10:29 AM

Yeah...I liked his mascot battle one. That was the best. Hilarious. That said, sometimes jokes cross a line. I think everyone got this one. It just crossed a line for some.

No argument there.

Apr 6, 2020, 11:11 AM

One of his funniest takes was on the worst visiting team locker rooms and how bad they were.

His choice was Mississippi State where, ironically, he now coaches.

Everything was concrete. There were no benches, no chairs, and no lockers. Thirty seven nails on the wall and two toilets sitting beside each other in the middle of the room with no seats on the toilets and one roll of TP between the two of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: No argument there.

Apr 6, 2020, 11:27 AM

Best press conferences by far, aside from Dabo of course.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic