Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any signing day surprises to look for?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Any signing day surprises to look for?

Jan 30, 2020, 10:52 PM

With Rudolph leaving does that open up a scholarship?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any signing day surprises to look for?

Jan 30, 2020, 10:53 PM

Burch will sign with LSU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 12:32 AM

Look for the states of Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana to have a SURPRISE, six month back order on pick up trucks and Dodge Chargers.

Jan 31, 2020, 12:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Any signing day surprises to look for? ]

Look for the states of Georgia, Alabama and Louisiana to have a SURPRISE, six month back order on pick up trucks and Dodge Chargers.

Jan 31, 2020, 5:40 AM

That’s a good question. Maybe a current player will get the scholarship?

Jan 31, 2020, 7:16 AM

There shouldn't be anymore recruits unless there truly is something that's been kept silent. I'd imagine a current player may get a scholarship. Its not like we need anymore d-line even with him leaving, and I'd hate to see it used on a receiver we wouldn't have normally taken. Which I don't think this staff would do regardless.

Jan 31, 2020, 9:24 AM

When a walkon gets a scholarship, most of the time that means they have worked their but off and deserve it. It's a feel good thing for me when that happens, but I was thinking that Dabo done that in front of the camera....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 7:22 AM

With Rudolph leaving does that open up a scholarship?

Attrition is already factored in so no there is not an extra ship available. By my estimate we need two more to open up else a couple of the one year ships given to a walk-on will not be renewed

According to the Scholarship page we're still

Jan 31, 2020, 7:28 AM

2 over (87) with Logan leaving.

A few walk-ons might not get another year

Jan 31, 2020, 7:51 AM

Darien Rencher, Regan Upshaw, Luke Price, Cade Stewart, James Edwards, Jacob Edwards... We'll be at or under 85.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: A few walk-ons might not get another year

Jan 31, 2020, 9:27 AM

PLus you also have some coaches sons who could give up theirs if the numbers would be needed. Not saying they will or should but it could work as a safety net. I'm sure they know how to get there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 11:28 AM

I've wondered about that. A coaches son on scholarship....I don't have a problem with it if the player is worthy but it seems the coach (a well paid coach) would want to pay his sons tuition to have that extra spot available for another stud to help win. For the coaches kid, there is a "status" of being a D1 scholarship athlete vs being a "walk on", so there is that aspect of it. Any way, just jotting thoughts about the subject and wondered what anyone else thoughts were.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to A few walk-ons might not get another year ]

When you look top to bottom of our roster, you will see a lot of those 85 scholarships being taken up by juniors and seniors that has never played a meaningful snap of FB since they have been on our team, and they're using up a scholarships for reasons I couldn't actually explain, other than the good heart that Dabo has, and he's just helping them with being able to stay in college. He feels that maybe he is connected to their blessing through God!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2020, 9:39 AM

Best chance for a signing day surprise would be another elite '21 player coming on board.

I'm not sure that it's likely but only chance for a '20 player seems to be a walk-on QB.

Jan 31, 2020, 12:10 PM

Looking at the top 300 composite there are few that remain unsigned and 1 one that you absolutely wouldn't want on your eam. But UGA or Tex A&M will sign him anyway. #11 Broderick jones is committed to UGA but not signed, #44 Avantee Williams is a Flor. lean but we are full at safety, the interesting one is at #123 Reggie Grimes, WDE, that we could have talked to since Rudolph is gonna go chase Jennifer Aniston. Other than that I think we are through but according to @DavidHood we aren't done yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2020, 8:11 PM

DHood saying we're not done is the biggest question mark for me

Feb 1, 2020, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Any signing day surprises to look for? ]

I've read twice where d hood has said we were through.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic