Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

Mays

Dec 18, 2017, 9:56 PM

Just to catch everybody up to speed...........Mays has cut off contact with the media, but that doesn't mean we don't have ways of getting to the bottom of things. Let me say this - the reports out of Georgia seem to indicate that Mays is leaning to the Bulldogs right now. That doesn't sound good if you're wanting him to come to Clemson.

But there is still a long ways to go before Wednesday, and it only helps Clemson to let the luster f the visit to Georgia wear off a bit. One of his buddies told me he still has high hopes for Mays choosing Clemson. I felt really good about Clemson's chances earlier this morning - maybe 55-45 Clemson - and now it's the other way for Georgia. And it might be the other way this time tomorrow.

Not time to panic. Yet.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mays

Dec 18, 2017, 9:58 PM

One thing I will say.... I kind of feel like in the past I've been able to track who is coming to Clemson because they keep in contact with me. And in the past when I've told you I don't see it happening is when the kid cuts off contact. Well, contact from his end for now has been shut off.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2017, 10:04 PM

Well that certainly isn't good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David Hood: Thank you Sir!

Dec 18, 2017, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

I think he would be a Good Fit for Clemson! But I would rather know our Odds and the Truth than just a few different Crystal balls floating around with nothing but Hot Air under many of them! I thought we had Mitch's Plug and Play for next year, but we will still have a Great Class and still compete in the FUTURE. I really appreciate all you do for us Tnetters! Thanks!

That's too bad. He sure had the look of a Clemson Man.***

Dec 18, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Dec 18, 2017, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

David,
Any idea who suggested Mays end media contact? That is certainly a Dabo type suggestion.

Dec 18, 2017, 10:24 PM

My guess would be daddy....Hes been through this before...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 18, 2017, 10:04 PM

Well this certainly is not good...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Any reason as to why Mays even stopped

Dec 18, 2017, 10:05 PM

By Friday on his way to Athens?

Re: Any reason as to why Mays even stopped

Dec 18, 2017, 10:07 PM

He didn't stop by. That was a false report.

Re: Any reason as to why Mays even stopped

Dec 18, 2017, 10:11 PM

well that makes sense now...

To let our coaches know his

Dec 19, 2017, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Any reason as to why Mays even stopped ]

decision to go to UGA

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Dec 18, 2017, 10:20 PM

Not good. Guess the post earlier about the inside info was correct. Too bad for him.

Dec 18, 2017, 10:21 PM

What do the reports say?

So your saying... stay by our computers???***

Dec 18, 2017, 10:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 12:34 AM

What about KJ Henry? Has he remained in touch during the process?

And for what it's worth, I don't think Mays or Henry are plug and play guys. Both will need a few years to develop

Dec 19, 2017, 5:38 AM

No, Henry won't need a few years to develop and neither will Mays. Both will will get reps with us as freshmen. Both would more than likely be starters in year two.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well scouting is definitely not your cup of tea.***

Dec 19, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well scouting is definitely not your cup of tea.***

Dec 19, 2017, 10:52 AM

Watch and see. Mays is not nearly ready for some of the athletic defensive ends that he will be lining up against. Henry is going to have to learn to play with leverage and rely on more than one move. Both are just benefiting from being so much bigger than their competition right now. Neither one will get significant playing time as freshmen, no matter where they end up.

Re: Well scouting is definitely not your cup of tea.***

Dec 19, 2017, 11:15 AM

> Watch and see. Mays is not nearly ready for some of
> the athletic defensive ends that he will be lining up
> against. Henry is going to have to learn to play with
> leverage and rely on more than one move. Both are
> just benefiting from being so much bigger than their
> competition right now. Neither one will get
> significant playing time as freshmen, no matter where
> they end up.

I dunno. Would agree about Henry, who is more elite athlete than elite player right now, but man...Cade Mays really looks good to me. Has the wingspan of a 747, moves incredibly well for a dude so large, uses his hands so well it's just incredibly hard to get into him and root him out. Looks like a legit 5 to me. So too did Salyer, actually.

No doubt, UGA got some good ones there. Much as I hate it.

Dec 19, 2017, 1:57 AM

David who is advising Mays? I have heard his mother likes Clemson and his father likes Georgia. Also does Caldwell have the recruiting skills that it takes to sign 5 star linemen?

Dec 19, 2017, 2:15 AM

Has USuC Jr. found an OC yet to recruit your 2* players?

Dec 19, 2017, 5:14 AM

It doesn’t make you a chicken fan to question recruiting. With the exception of offensive line and running back, we have signed 5 star talent in every position. I don’t know if it’s our scheme or negative recruiting or a poor recruiter as an offensive line coach but we are falling short at offensive line talent. Strong lines win national championships. Right now we are recruiting like Bowden did on offensive line. Dabo should replace Caldwell with a better recruiter.

Dec 19, 2017, 5:38 AM

Normally, it doesn't make you a chicken, but when you ARE a chicken fan using a Tiger name, that makes you a troll.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 11:46 AM

And a moron

Dec 19, 2017, 5:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

There's 12 OL in top 100 recruits (Rivals). Assuming some aren't academic fits, some aren't character fits, some are life long fans of their geographical school, and some don't want to go to school far away from home.... then there's only a couple in a given year that would give Clemson a thought while also being recruited by every top tier program. Sometimes you land one, most times you don't. Get a grip on reality please.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right now we have *three* 4-star OL on Red Shirt, and

Dec 19, 2017, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

and the potential for all but one of our current OL to return for next season.

This is Clemson I'm talking about.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There you go messing them up with FACTS

Dec 19, 2017, 8:13 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/view/scholarships/football.do

Dec 19, 2017, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

You are correct one post doesnt make you a chicken fan...

However a history of posts does.

You are nothing more than a loser pretending to be a Clemson fan so that you can troll.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Dec 19, 2017, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

Go back over the last few years and look at the O linemen that we have brought in. Those guys come in and red shirt and have to wait their turn to play and everybody forgets about them. You don't have to sign huge classes when you already have depth at the position

Caldwell has the coaching skills to make a 3 star play like

Dec 19, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

a 5 star in leading Clemson to a 3rd straight National Championship playoff. Should a Cootie not be more concerned in signing the 2 and 3 star players and not worry about the big boys?

Hth

Dec 19, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

https://www.tigernet.com/recruit/Mitch-Hyatt-1968

Dec 19, 2017, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Mays ]

hahah - like dhoodsteele wood respond to your idiocy. listen cupcake, try not to sound like you're retarded

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA....

Dec 19, 2017, 5:25 AM

Terrible offensive lines for decades to three 5*s in one class, with no title since 1980, and behind on facilities doesn't sound fishy at all. I hope the hammer falls down on UGA faster than you can say Ole Miss.

Re: 3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA....

Dec 19, 2017, 6:56 AM

I feel bad for Mays, myself. He thought Tennessee was his dream...until the dream shattered. He's had to deal with more recruiting these past two months than a lot of guys have endured the whole year. It's like recruitment on steroids and it can't be fun. Let's see how the next 24 hours plays out...you never know.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 7:04 AM

I hope you are right. It’s not just Mays. Florida did better recruiting offensive linemen. Their program is in shambles. We have lost talented linemen to many programs. We are an elite program now. However we won’t stay that way if we sign Tommy Bowden type linemen. Recruiting is a huge part of a college coaches job. It’s not Caldwell’s strength. Do I think UGA is cheating? Yes

Dec 19, 2017, 7:28 AM

And it’s been said time and time again....OL prospects are the hardest to evaluate. Just because a prospect is a 5 star doesn’t automatically mean he’s a can’t miss. This staff has done an excellent job of molding low star or different position players into nfl prospects. Tyler Shatley comes to mind.

The burning question is who does the staff go after if they miss on Mays.....William Barnes, Jovaughn Gywn...do they try to flip Gouriage, or possibly someone like James Ohonba? Lots of moving parts here and history has told us this staff is more than up to the challenge.

Dec 19, 2017, 8:42 AM

Early signing period can spotlight targets to signing day perhaps better than anything to date. There will be reopening of recruitment by NSD guys, because the rosters will clarify somewhat. It's a double-edged sword.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey idiot

Dec 19, 2017, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: 3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA.... ]

don't waste your time here

#trollshorribly

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 19, 2017, 8:53 AM [ in reply to 3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA.... ]

The difference in our OL recruiting is simple. Coach Sam Pittman. He has done it everywhere he has been. He is working on his second class and had plenty of playing time to offer when he started.

Proof. .it looks like the dags are finally admitting

Dec 19, 2017, 9:02 AM

Coach Sam Pittman is the bag man giving recruits money, cars, hookers. He has done it everywhere he has been.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Proof. .it looks like the dags are finally admitting

Dec 19, 2017, 9:13 AM

C'mon. We're above this.

Re: Proof. .it looks like the dags are finally admitting

Dec 19, 2017, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Proof. .it looks like the dags are finally admitting ]

What are you basing that on?

Dec 19, 2017, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: 3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA.... ]

Where are you getting that he has playing time to offer?

There is only one true freshman (that Pittman recruited if this is his second class) on the 2-deep on the offensive line. Only one senior that starts, you signed a lot last year and a lot this year.

Unless he rotates every series there is no way there is playing time to just give out at UGA.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:28 AM

As far as playing time, we were so bad last year and had holes to fill. We currently are starting a True Fr. at RT, a RSFR and Fr. have both started at RG, a Jr. converted DT at OC, a kid that never saw time before at LG and a 6'2ish Sr. LT.

This years class:

Sayler and Hill (both Ga. kids) have been recruited for a long time. Mays we got in on at about the same time yall did. The other two kids Condon and Ericson I dont think you guys even sniffed around.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:33 AM

You basically just restated what I did, again, you signed 5 last year and only have one senior that starts, and another as a back up.

If you're signing 5 again this year (including Mays if he goes to UGA) then where is the "playing time" that Pittman is selling? Sounds more like lies and fake promises to get kids to sign and then you'll "weed out" the ones not needed.

Dec 19, 2017, 10:49 AM

No sir, I said last years class was due to playing time as well as CSP. These 5* kids (this class) 2-3 if we get them are coming in to compete. The fact they are competing against several kids only a year older. Why does this have to be cheating and lies? How snagging two instate kids is so freaking unlikely for the SEC Champs? BTW Hill didnt commit till we won, Sayler has not yet and yall are 50/50 w/us on Mays.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:03 AM

It's pretty simple, you signed 5 OL last year and stated Pittman offered playing time. However, there is only one true freshman on the 2 deep of the OL. Therefore 4 guys that were offered based on early playing time are not receiving that.

Now, if they only stated early playing time for 1 then that's fine.

Also, you won the SEC 2.5 weeks ago, that had little impact on this recruiting class. I'm not saying it's "unlikely" that you get these kids, just that from the outside there's not a lot of room to play right away for these 5 star kids. By the way, this post was about Mays, not an in-state kid.

Lastly, it's been pretty well know that Salyer will be a mutt for a while now, unless something drastic changed then that will have been the best kept secret in history.

Message was edited by: tiggerz04®

Dec 19, 2017, 11:16 AM

We actually were in it neck and neck w/ Auburn for Hill (after recruiting him for a long time). He finally signed after the win but many of us thought it was a toss up. Look most D1 teams sign 4-5 OL a year. Yes we are stronger in our younger classes, but the staff and administration have been working hard. I dont get where you think Sayler is a stretch and something sinister was needed to keep him at home? He a Ga. kid that will likely start next year or definately the year after that. Mays will compete w/ red shirt Isiah Wilson if he signs (RT spot). Why all the animosity? This is supposed to be fun. If you dont want other fan bases posting on here I will go away. Its really not that big of a deal. I simply always enjoyed hearing what the other teams fans thought over on the UGA sites as long as they were civil so thought I would wander over here and give it a shot.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:25 AM

I have no animosity, my apologies if it came off that way.

I also didn't say it was a stretch on Salyer or that anything sinister was done, I stated it's been common knowledge he's been a dawg for a while. IF he was to flip to another school, that would be the best kept secret ever.

My point being, at Clemson we would be able to offer Mays playing time sooner than at UGA, and he wouldn't be waiting potentially 2-3 years to get on the field.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:42 AM

No worries. Mays isnt a Dawg yet. If he is, I think its because his Dad and CSP are supposedly tight from Pitts days at Tenn. While I dont think Mays dad played for him I do hear they became friends over the years. CSP was the best hire we have made in years and one of the better OL coaches in CFB. Mays dad knows this also. It may also be the class is going to be strong and he is enjoying that hype. Like them or not they have a great vibe in Athens at the moment.

More importantly, its because we are not as deep at OT as you think. We will have a returning starter (Thomas) moving to LT and the RT spot will be open. Mays will compete against a couple of kids for that. He might be open to redshirting as it did wonders for Cleveland. Mays has a path however to see the field next year and will be in the 2 deep. Now this is all assuming he is as good as advertised. UGA (prior to Pittman) had some bad evals. Now all of that said Clemson is also a great place for him to go and he dang well may end up there. Either way its fun to follow.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: 3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA.... ]

> As far as playing time, we were so bad last year and
> had holes to fill. We currently are starting a True
> Fr. at RT, a RSFR and Fr. have both started at RG, a
> Jr. converted DT at OC, a kid that never saw time
> before at LG and a 6'2ish Sr. LT.
>
> This years class:
>
> Sayler and Hill (both Ga. kids) have been recruited
> for a long time. Mays we got in on at about the same
> time yall did. The other two kids Condon and Ericson
> I dont think you guys even sniffed around.

Pittman doesn't offer PT. He offers the chance at PT. Because of Pittman we red-shirted the #1 OT Isaiah Wilson and the #2 OG Netroi Johnson this season. If they're ready they will play, if not then we RS em. Very soon Kirby will have the luxury of being able to rotate Olines even more frequently.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:43 AM

you said it better of course ^^ thanks

Dec 19, 2017, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: 3rd generation Tennesse legacy to UGA.... ]

Wasn't Pittman at UNC right before the football sanctions and investigations occurred? I am not sure about his stay at Arky. At any rate, I personally don't think everything is on the up and up with him switching jobs every 2-4 years.

Dec 19, 2017, 12:00 PM

He has pretty much followed Chaney all over the place. Im unaware of any accusations of wrongdoing on his part. He has had a bunch of his kids drafted over the years.

Dec 19, 2017, 9:39 AM

Thank you David. He most likely will be Ga bound, but I don’t think he has been stringing the coaches along, just a tough decision. I personally like the early signing period because it will give the coach’s a look at who is gone abs where they need to start focusing elsewhere. On the 20th are they doing segments at various schools so we can watch abt the players we are getting Sign their loi

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Just tell us when to panic is all I ask.***

Dec 19, 2017, 9:50 AM

LOOK FOR CLUES IN THE VOICEMAIL PROMPT!

Dec 19, 2017, 10:58 AM

DO YOUR JOB!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2017, 11:16 AM

Do people actually panic about this stuff? With all of our success and all of the positive energy coming out of clemson these days - if you don’t pick Clemson over pretty much anyone, it’s simply not for you or you’re not for us, either way. We aren’t renting you an Escalade for the weekend, we aren’t buying your family bitcoins or giving your uncle a job. We don’t have to. I think Cade is an absolutely perfect fit for Clemson but in the end, it’s his decision. Losing sleep over any of this is a waste of time. Rashan Gary is still looking for his smile a year later.

787_AB362_24_BB_4_F33_AF2_E_23_BB24_F9_F5_C4
best photo hosting service

And we are doing just fine.

Dec 19, 2017, 11:45 AM

Why are we worried about a former SF center fielder who played baseball? :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic