Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any other coach would be on the hot seat after this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Any other coach would be on the hot seat after this

Dec 2, 2014, 9:12 AM

Any other coach would be on the hot seat or at least getting warm after this:

Preseason ranking #9
Picked to win the east.

Finishes 6-6 with three blown double digit leads.

But, instead Sc puts up a banner of him.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any other coach would be on the hot seat after this

Dec 2, 2014, 9:14 AM

Yeah we fired TB for that, and that seemed to work out well for us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 9:18 AM

Clemson did not fire Tommy Bowden. Bowden resigned and left Clemson holding the bag after we just gave him a big contract ext. That is the reason we had to go with Dabo to be the coach no money to hire someone else.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2014, 10:29 AM

...but as Tigerzz said, 'It did work out'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny Ford "resigned", too.

Dec 2, 2014, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Re: Any other coach would be on the hot seat after this ]

The President of our company got canned yesterday (Joy and Happiness here as a result) but the Corp CEO described it as being "transitioned out".

Maybe that's what we should call it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bowden absolutely DID NOT resign.....

Dec 2, 2014, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Any other coach would be on the hot seat after this ]

Categorize it any way you'd like but he was fired plain and simple.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

According to the Capons, it's not Spurriers fault...

Dec 2, 2014, 9:17 AM

because he doesn't coach defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63 rushing yards and 276 passing yards mostly on 2 plays)

Dec 2, 2014, 9:21 AM

he isn't doing much offensive coaching either.....gotta put that one on the old ball sac jr., "you go answer the questions"

Re: According to the Capons, it's not Spurriers fault...

Dec 2, 2014, 9:31 AM [ in reply to According to the Capons, it's not Spurriers fault... ]

do you think the coots should fire spurrier? he has won 33 games over the last 3 previous years and beat us 5 years in a row prior to this year, at a program that has NO history in their program what so ever. it is very similar to the gt situation. many talk about how bad paul Johnson is BUT he just beat us and Georgia and has them in the top 20 and going to the acc championship game. the coots are very happy to be in the sec and the money it brings them and I think they realize they will not win the sec but still think any hope they have rest with a coach like spurrier. he is better than anything they have had ever had. the ole ball sack can and will be there till he decides to leave. the reason they were number 9 pre-season was based only on the past three seasons. no one cares or pays much attention to those predictions. their expectations are just lower than those at Clemson.

Is that what I said?

Dec 2, 2014, 9:50 AM

Your reading comprehension skill obviously need some work.

First of all, the Capon administration doesn't have the stones to fire Spurrier (not that he should be) and secondly, Spurrier would never permit that happen anyway. He'd simply reture first.

exactly! I don't think anyone said anything about firing,

Dec 2, 2014, 11:44 AM

but when the old man does decide to walk away, he is going to leave a pretty big wake. I'm going to enjoy the view from here!

Re: According to the Capons, it's not Spurriers fault...

Dec 2, 2014, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: According to the Capons, it's not Spurriers fault... ]

Calm down, no one thinks your buddy Spurrier should be fired.

Looks like the joke went right over your head.

Coots fly a banner of a guy but a coach elsewhere may be on the hot seat after a disappointing season that had high expectations.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

truthfully---there aren't many programs sooo desperate for

Dec 2, 2014, 9:17 AM

some kind....any kind of success that they would sell their "soul" to the devil for something....anything that would make them seem relevant than that team from the mid state.

I've said it before and I will say it again....

Dec 2, 2014, 8:00 AM

The Coots are so desperate for athletic success (especially in football) that they will knowingly, willingly, and gladly sacrifice and compromise what little is left of the character and integrity of the University, the coaches, and the players if they think it will translate into more wins.

Sooooooo true

Dec 2, 2014, 1:16 PM

They are the classic insecure fools.....deep down they are surprised by any success and when they have it, they hold on for dear life because they are losers inside.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything is relative. He's by far and away the

best thing that's ever happened to them in over 100 years. It's not like they have normal expectations. Whatever they get from Spurrier is much much much better than what they are used to.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Everything is relative. He's by far and away the

Dec 2, 2014, 2:03 PM

absolutely!! and the entire c$$t nation(admin, BOT, coaches,faculty,fans) will DO ANYTHING to have what SOS has given them..If SOS wanted the President fired he would be gone by noon tomorrow.... no questions asked

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess they assume 6-6 was better than they were before he

Got there. I honestly hope he stays just so we can have a shot at beating his #### every year until he retires. There's no reason we shouldn't beat them next year because if you thought they were bad with Thompson wait till you see the backup he's miserable.

how coud anyone othert than the coots not see what could be

Dec 2, 2014, 9:22 AM

a streak of our own on the horizon.

Most do, coots are just delusional. Remember the whole

Dec 2, 2014, 10:13 AM

deshaun watson being the 8th best qb they'll have seen all year? Or our DBs being among the worst they'll see and how they were "no better than the ones that played in the orange bowl against WVU". Maybe you remember the mass of coots that said our defense wasn't any better than theirs and his overrated they were because we play "weak competition" and that they would have 200+ rushing yards then 400+ passing yards out of the play action because we wouldn't be able to handle nick jones, Pharaoh cooper or shaq Roland if he showed up?

I remember, many others also remember, yet the coots have conveniently forgotten and ignored all that and are whining about dabo playing deshaun to try and save face but it isn't working. Maybe in their minds it is but to the rest of the country they look like a bunch of butthurt b!tches.

Maybe, but you don't see many coaches on the hot seat who

are top ten all time who have vaulted their programs to where they have never been.

Spurrier would have to duplicate the 6-6 next year, then maybe he'd catch serious heat. It could happen with all they are losing too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll struggle in 2015 to duplicate this years 6-6 record

Dec 2, 2014, 9:25 AM

They're losing a ton on offense and the defense won't be very much, if any, better.

I agree. "Hot seat" talk for Spurrier seems absurd. Yes,

Dec 2, 2014, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Maybe, but you don't see many coaches on the hot seat who ]

the season was a bust for them, but the past few years have been highly successful for them. You don't turn the burners on for one bad year. Not on a college football coaching hall-of-famer.

Spurrier will be 70 when he is coaching next year. If he doesn't make it to a bowl game, I imagine the PRIVATE discussions will start about a nice retirement deal.

null

Dec 2, 2014, 10:26 AM

Speaking if those three 4th quarter losses. I just heard some idjit on sports radio say sc is 9 & 3 because he doesnt count those games as losses since they were leading by double digits going in.lmao theyhave a stupid fanbase including their national announcers.

Dec 2, 2014, 10:29 AM

I could see the Coots starting a true freshman next year unless they plan on Cooper playing qb.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

USuCk doesn't have that kind of a program.

Dec 2, 2014, 11:45 AM

ESPiN had deluded some (bandwagoners) USuCk fans into the delusion that their football program should never have an average season but that's not the reality. Their AD, Administration and the real USuCk faithful know that their program has over achieved the past few years.

When you have a rebuilding year and win 10 games you've become an elite program. We'll see if USuCk rebuilds.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic