Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any one know why
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Any one know why

Oct 13, 2016, 2:41 PM

wives can't understand the simple request to not schedule anything or expect me to attend anything for 12 Saturdays a year? 12 days out of 365 isn't asking much. My wife schedules us for something at 10AM this Saturday and it will last for at least 4 hours. All I asked for this weekend was to leave me alone from noon to about 4 to watch the game. I guess that's asking too much.

Anyone else feel my pain.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any one know why

Oct 13, 2016, 2:47 PM

Yea I ask my manager not to schedule me to work Saturdays during football season but he does it anyway. #### pisses me off, especially when he schedules himself off so he can watch his alma mater (Arizona) play

Oct 13, 2016, 2:51 PM

Now that dude is a total tool.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scheduling yourself off is expected...........but, Arizona?

Oct 13, 2016, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Any one know why ]

...is that guy a masochist?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Scheduling yourself off is expected...........but, Arizona?

Oct 13, 2016, 6:16 PM

Yea I told him the person with the most relevant team should get preference on Saturdays

Oct 14, 2016, 1:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Any one know why ]

Well that's the problem, your manager is a U of A grad!

The hamburgers ain't gonna flip themselves***

Oct 14, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Any one know why ]

Oct 13, 2016, 2:50 PM

Yep I do. I forewarn everyone I know closely after they get engaged or get pregnant that if they schedule the wedding, wedding showers, baby showers, or anything of that nature during football season (other then the bye week) I will not be attending. My wife knows this as well. But I do know that if my wife thinks there is something more important she will probably schedule it anyway and try to make me go. We will fight about it and ultimately I will loose unless its a really big game.

Yea, there's no point in drawing out a big fight....

Oct 13, 2016, 3:07 PM

ultimately, I'll just be a jerk and won't understand.

Oct 13, 2016, 2:55 PM

where is this pain at. in your lady parts. or as trump would say, your p...............

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2016, 1:01 AM

You are a prick you should be banned from this site.
All you do is lurk and post something smart a ss when you read something you don't agree with.
I bet you have had your a ss whipped a bunch.

Oct 13, 2016, 2:58 PM

First, it's a 'power play' to show you who is boss. That and "she still remembers the time twelve years ago when you _ _ _ _ _" (fill in the blanks) and she figures payback is a B_ _ _ _ h.

As for me, if I can possibly impose a 'no spoiler sports ban' with whatever it is that I 'have to do' (and you know since the wife controls the power of the pu... er, purse, I'm gonna do what EVER she tells me I'm gonna do! ;), I prefer to record the games so I can watch in well under the four (sometimes more) hours of the day it takes to watch live....

OTHERWISE, you WILL see me in Death Valley for home games!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 13, 2016, 3:01 PM

Well at least you don't have to go to your sister-in-laws wedding during the FSU game. for her 3rd wedding. I tried to tell them that I will pass and put me on the list of attendees for the next one. That didn't work. Maybe I can call in sick. It works at work. Go Tigers.

+1 and LOL!***

Oct 13, 2016, 3:04 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Yea, me too... That's some funny chit.... Maybe 3's a charm.***

Oct 13, 2016, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll quit complaining. I think yours is worse.***

Oct 13, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Any one know why ]

+1...***

Oct 13, 2016, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Any one know why ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO... good job***

Oct 13, 2016, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Any one know why ]

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Oct 13, 2016, 3:18 PM

Just curious....what did she schedule you to do?

Oct 13, 2016, 4:27 PM

To be there. The problem is I only live and hour and half from Tallahassee and could have had tickets to the game had I not be tasked to be at the wedding. My wife had a friend that asked if we wanted to go to the game. Her friend is an FSU Alum and has season tickets. I was able take my son 2 years ago. We were right beside the Tiger band. The only thing that would have made that game better is had Alexander not fallen down. We would have won. Our defense stuffed them that game. Go Tigers.

My wife knows better...

Oct 13, 2016, 3:20 PM

She is a well trained football wife. I cant say the same for the rest of my family but my wife checks the schedule before committing us to anything on Saturdays!

Yep... Mine knows the priorities as well.***

Oct 13, 2016, 3:22 PM

Oct 13, 2016, 3:26 PM

I got divorced. Problem solved. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 13, 2016, 3:32 PM

Nowadays if you have wifi there are plenty of ways to watch the game on a mobile device. sneak out, go to rest room etc., whatever and watch. The only things is If your wife finds out you've been sneaking out to watch the game, she will be upset and more than likely close that loophole. Myself...I am single at this point in my life...

Oct 13, 2016, 4:29 PM

The wedding is outdoors and I plan on having my phone on the game at least listening to it. If the game is late I may have to leave as soon as the wedding is over before the reception. Go Tigers.

Oct 13, 2016, 3:33 PM

Had to go to a wedding during the Louisville game this year. I was on Watch ESPN the whole time. Fortunately I made it home at the start of the 3rd quarter.

Ah the difference in women...my wife scheduled something too

Oct 13, 2016, 3:34 PM

going to Death Valley!!! :)

Blame *!?*"&$*# Noon games

Oct 13, 2016, 4:00 PM

I work first shift so even if I'm working I can still watch Clemson Games.....
UNLESS THIER NOON GAMES!!!
??????????????????????

if you've got the watch espn app,

Oct 13, 2016, 4:02 PM

you can excuse yourself from time to time
to check in on the game. just trying to be
helpful.
:)

Re: if you've got the watch espn app,

Oct 13, 2016, 4:39 PM

My manager revoked my internet access so I can't watch it on watch ESPN on my computer either

We were at a function

Oct 13, 2016, 4:12 PM

the other day and they were passing around a sheet asking people to attend another event on the 29th. My wife turned to me and said "We don't know the time for the Clemson / FSU game that day, so we're not putting our names down to attend". Man am I blessed!!

Our choir director at church purposely scheduled an extra

Oct 13, 2016, 4:43 PM

Christmas music rehearsal on the 29th ... but he at least made the rehearsal from 9:00am-12:00pm and stated he checked the Clemson schedule first ... no mention of the coots. :D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 13, 2016, 4:13 PM

Dude, can you tape it and watch it on the rebound?

My first inclination is to tell you to dump her like a sack

Oct 13, 2016, 4:20 PM

of potatoes, but maybe I should see pigs before I make a final decision?

TIA in advance

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: My first inclination is to tell you to dump her like a sack

Oct 13, 2016, 4:33 PM

We've been married for over 30 years. I've kind of got to stay now or she gets half of my Navy retirement. But she's a keeper. Her sister on the other hand, she just go get married at the justice of the peace and leave me in peace. Go Tigers.

Another reason not to get married.***

Oct 13, 2016, 4:28 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

time to give her a new title - ex!

;)

Why can't you just act like a man and tell her no?***

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why can't you just act like a man and tell her no?***

Oct 13, 2016, 4:34 PM

See remarks above about sending her packing. Go Tigers.

It is nice to be single.

Oct 13, 2016, 4:39 PM

And, the group I go on vacation with schedules it on the Clemson bye week.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Oct 13, 2016, 4:43 PM

I bought a Stepford wife years ago, and it's been fine with me. They are expensive, but well worth it. I even win all the arguments. All husbands deserve a Stepford wife.

Oct 13, 2016, 4:48 PM

I just give mine the bank card. She takes the kids out and its quite in my house until ww score

Any one know why

Oct 13, 2016, 4:55 PM

you married someone who doesn't understand the sacredness of Saturdays in the fall?

You made your bed and now you have to lie in it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ This guy gets it.***

Oct 13, 2016, 9:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I remember I had to talk my wife into getting married

Oct 14, 2016, 3:59 AM

before football season started so we wouldn't have potential conflicts in the future with anniversaries and football games!

Luckily, she went along with it. At the time she was a big pro football fan, but I converted her to College and specifically Clemson football. It is safe to say she is a rabid Tiger fan!

Yes, I am a lucky man!

@TotalTeeTiger

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I remember I had to talk my wife into getting married

Oct 14, 2016, 4:24 AM

You are indeed a lucky man. I, too, married a gal who has her priorities straight. Any invitation we get during football and/or hunting season is met with a snicker. No one who knows us even casually would expect us to turn up at a wedding, engagement party, shower, etc. (anything but a funeral) on a game day. It just ain't happening!

Re: I remember I had to talk my wife into getting married

Oct 14, 2016, 6:09 AM

We got an invitation to a wedding last year - a very good friend's daughter got married on Sunday October 4th. We said, uh ... that's the day after the Notre Dame game so we can't promise we'll be fit to show up. Sorry!

We didn't make it but sent a gift. My priorities are in question on that one for sure.

#canthelpit

To be fair, they are SCU fans and don't

Oct 14, 2016, 8:25 AM

have much to worry about during football season! LOL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MY GF makes sure that the only thing she schedules

Oct 13, 2016, 5:02 PM

if she's not working, is a trip to see the Tigers play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine is calling in sick so we can go.. Her idea***

Oct 14, 2016, 12:50 AM

Our neighborhood has scheduled a Halloween get together on the evening of the 29th

Oct 13, 2016, 5:26 PM

in our cul de sac. Plan to hang a bucket of candy from the mailbox and all the neighbors get to hear my screaming from in front of the TV.

It's all about leverage***

Oct 13, 2016, 5:28 PM

Re: It's all about leverage***

Oct 14, 2016, 9:57 AM

That's one way to put it and the moderators appreciate that.

Oct 13, 2016, 5:54 PM

I do. My idiot sister-in-law changed her kid's birthday party to 10am tomorrow in a city at least an hour away so by the time we get done and I get home the game should be at least halfway over.

Is her kid old enough to watch the game with you?

Oct 13, 2016, 6:10 PM

Pi$$ everybody off when you and the kid sneak off to watch the game!

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Oct 13, 2016, 6:47 PM

Lucky for my hubby, I'm a die hard tiger and I would never schedule anything during our game time. Thanks to my grandpa, a former military man at Clemson, my entire family understands that no one messes with Saturday's during football season. Birthday parties are always celebrated on Sundays or bye weeks.

Oct 13, 2016, 6:54 PM

Seems like wedding invitations always pop up this time of year too

My wife would never do that.

Oct 13, 2016, 7:01 PM

She bleeds orange and knows the football schedule before I do. That said, you can either put your balls in a Crown Royal bag in the dresser and go with her, or stay home to watch the game, or ditch her and get a perfect wife like mine.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 13, 2016, 7:03 PM

Don't have that provlem. I married a very submissive wife who loves the tigers....and she is also sexy!

9/17/05 3OT game vs Miami

Oct 13, 2016, 7:42 PM

The last time I missed watching a Clemson game for a wedding. My best friends little sister. Love her to death but still haven't forgiven her.

Strangely enough I have a wedding this weekend, but its at 530. If we go triple OT vs NC State I guess I'll be late

why not? we lost... she spared you the heartache

Oct 14, 2016, 10:47 AM

nm

Throw the Ron Cherry flag and give her the bidness

Oct 13, 2016, 11:59 PM

or not, depending on what works best for you.

No, the pain is hers

Oct 14, 2016, 12:37 AM

She scheduled it: she can go by herself. And if she witholdspussy, don't ask why you don't come home at 530pm. All next week.

-Tesla

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Oct 14, 2016, 2:04 AM

And they say marriage is a dead institution. Sounds like great fun....

divorce her. It will be worth it***

Oct 14, 2016, 6:15 AM

so let me ask you married mangers that have this problem a

Oct 14, 2016, 7:59 AM

question. Before you got married did she tell you she's "into football" and loves watching and going to games? Loves drinking beer and eating wings watching the game, yelling at the TV?

What happened? Did your balls drop off? Did you ruin this "love of the game" she had somehow?

Oh she lied and you fell for it. Okay never mind

lol marriage

Re: so let me ask you married mangers that have this problem a

Oct 14, 2016, 10:53 AM

Nope, mine still breaks tvs, cries when we win big games, lets us splurge on trips to games.

Feel your pain though with other things like fishing trips, etc; but she doesn't mess with Clemson

fail - no pics

Oct 14, 2016, 8:12 AM

and no mention of what was "scheduled" .....

giant fail

no sympathy

null

burn down your house

Oct 14, 2016, 8:39 AM

it can't hurt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

LOSER MENTALITY, BRO. I SCHEDULE OFF 13 SATURDAYS

Oct 14, 2016, 9:51 AM

A YEAR>

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grow a pair.***

Oct 14, 2016, 9:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When Clemson made its first ACC Champ game against GT

Oct 14, 2016, 10:39 AM

Back in 2009ish I think (when CJ Spiller won MVP, but we lost)...I was at a fancy dinner in a suit with my wife and a bunch of stuffy people for the whole game. It was a location where people could not even look at their phones without being frowned upon. After dinner, I checked the phone and saw we lost and saw my brother and dad's long running commentary texting conversation that I did not get to be a part of. It was depressing.

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic