Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any ladies want to tell me what you thought about the ladies clinic yesterday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Any ladies want to tell me what you thought about the ladies clinic yesterday?

Jul 22, 2018, 4:31 PM

Personally, I wasn’t a fan of the new format 3,000 women trying to shop at the same time was hell on earth

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any ladies want to tell me what you thought about the ladies clinic yesterday?

Jul 22, 2018, 4:46 PM

I saw one of my Facebook friends had posted lots of cute pictures with players like Christian, Etn, Jackson Carman, Cle, and others. She thought it was wonderful and says she's going back next year.

My wife agrees...

Jul 22, 2018, 4:54 PM

It was over crowded and the vendors weren't prepared for it.

That aside, she and her friends had a great time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sounds like the recruiting wrap up dinner. It was pretty fun

Jul 22, 2018, 7:21 PM

when it was 3 or 4 hundred people, but it quickly outgrew the intimate setting. In the early years, you could actually chat a few minutes with the coaches afterwards. But, now, with 1200 people it is just too big. IMHO of course.

Re: My wife agrees...

Jul 22, 2018, 8:46 PM [ in reply to My wife agrees... ]

B itch and moan

Re: Any ladies want to tell me what you thought about the ladies clinic yesterday?

Jul 22, 2018, 5:00 PM

My ladies left early. Overcrowded and not enough access to players and coaches. Also, the other ladies didn’t necessarily embody the concept of “Clemson family” ( a euphemism for behaving like a total b**ch). Think Black Friday at WalMart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 5:06 PM

I really think they took away what made it so special. We were in small groups and could interact with the coaches and players more. We could get autographs and pics with coaches. I didn’t have access to any players this time either. Speaking of rude women...I brought my mom for the first time. She has an artificial knee but that wasn’t going to let that stop her from running (walking) down the hill. She’s holding on to me as I’m helping her go down the hill and these two ladies came running down beside us. She stops and says, y’all really need to move because we are trying to run down the hill. Yea she got an earful from me! It was just way too crowded. If they’re gonna accommodate 3,000 women, do two separate events. Don’t ruin a good thing.

Jul 22, 2018, 8:48 PM

So how many should be allow? This ain’t Tommy Bowen days. Good grief

Did a great job to accommodate so many

Jul 22, 2018, 5:49 PM

I thought they did an excellent job to accommodate so many women. Since this is the first time trying this I'm sure adjustments will continue to me made to make it better. The shopping was bad but I expect that was due to the changes caused by weather. The registration I believe was intended to be outside so it's possible they had to cram in at the last minute making less room for the vendors. Some areas of the concourse were impassable though which really discouraged shopping.

Holly Rowe was an exciting surprise. I was completely star struck and became an even bigger fan after hearing her tell her story. I got lots of pictures with players and coaches. You just had to be patient and a bit opportunistic. I was excited that they brought the players out early and into the audience to give everyone a chance to interact with them early as that was one of the main things I was afraid we were going to lose. Players and coaches were available on the facility tour and in the stadium and still hanging in with us late in the day to be sure everyone got access. I liked that they had name tags on as it is much easier to get to know the new guys since most of us have never seen them in person. The presentations were good but as everything there was room for improvement. I loved the player's cooking demo and the dance contest.

Dabo took pictures late into the day to make sure everyone had an opportunity for one. I never get tired of seeing the new facility and this tour saw a few things I had not seen before. As much as I miss some of the things from the old format, the clinic did not disappoint. I am glad so many had the opportunity to enjoy the day with the team.

Now for my football read on the clinic. It is apparent that the leaders of this team are the defense. The fab 4 or power rangers took turns leading each being articulate and respectful of each other but showing their distinct personalities and class. I could not be more proud to have these guys lead our team. There were young leaders who are emerging and it is evident they are paying attention, learning very quickly and embracing their turn at joining the sons of Clemson. The offensive leaders also appeared to be the line. While the stars, RB and Receivers, were present as well they did not seem to have the influence that the other guys had. While the leaders are definitely the guys with big presence, the winner of the "body building" competition was one of the smaller guys and everyone loved it.

If my read is correct on this team, we are in for a season to remember for the ages.
I am dreaming bigger dreams with them already. Dream with me and Go Tigers!

Message was edited by: TigerSSR®

Message was edited by: TigerSSR®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Paragraphs are a great thing

Jul 22, 2018, 8:13 PM

Learn to use them ;)

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Paragraphs are a great thing

Jul 22, 2018, 8:45 PM

gville76 said:

Learn to use them ;)

Ok professor get over yourself

Re: Did a great job to accommodate so many

Jul 22, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Did a great job to accommodate so many ]

What did you think of Jackson Carman, could you get a read on him? I'm really interested to see how he turns out. His commitment was a great surprise last year.

His presence is the first thing you notice as he is of cours

Jul 23, 2018, 7:16 AM

His presence is the first thing you notice as he is of course the largest of the offensive lineman. He was there and participated in the offensive drill. Physically he looks great. He doesn't seem to be a leader of the group yet. You know most offensive linemen tend to be less vocal. And Sean Pollard and Matt Bockhorst were probably the most outgoing at the clinic.

I did not get to talk with him as he was in a different section but I was really impressed with him at the Fort Hill Clemson club recruiting event. He stuck around taking pictures and talking to people demonstrating his buy-in to the fans and Clemson family.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did a great job to accommodate so many

Jul 23, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Did a great job to accommodate so many ]

Holly is a sweet person. She has been through a lot w her illness. I am a big fan of hers. Does does a great job at ESPN. Has always been very fair to Clemson

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My unpopular opinion

Jul 22, 2018, 6:09 PM

I believe that they should not do autographs at this or any other fan event. The players are unpaid - and why do people want the autographs? Many, many want to sell them. That's not right. And the people trying to get things to sell ruin it for everyone else.

I agree. I got no autographs...just pics with me.

Jul 22, 2018, 6:12 PM

I agree. I no longer ask for autographs but for pics with me instead. They mean much more to me than the signature.

I think initial concept was to teach women about the sport

Jul 22, 2018, 6:47 PM

teaching the rules, and how it is played/coached. Intended so those who went once wouldn't necessarily want/need to go back again. Seems here that the same ones go back every year and that's not what the original purpose was.

Since then, I know Clemson has welcomed many more fans/families into the fold. Maybe they should only allow those who haven't been before to attend, which would help prevent it from the oversold free-for-all it has become.

Disclosure: I'm an impartial observer here as I have no women in my family who care to go, so it really doesn't matter to me, this event affects my life less than zero. Just offering up one of many potential fixes here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 22, 2018, 7:57 PM

I thought it was great! This was my first time going. I had tried for several years and could not get in because so many people went year after year and were allowed to sign up for the next year before leaving. Perhaps if some to those people were limited to 2 or 3 times, it would not have been so crowded this year. I know they opened it up to include more this year which is the only reason I got in. We should remember that the proceeds go to help with breast cancer treatments so it more people meant more money for that. All that being said, I had a good time. Yes, I got autographs from players and coaches on a hat that I will give my son. I am quite sure he won't sell it! Yes, there were lines, but I met new people and had a good time talking. I don't know what the vendors did in the past, but I had no trouble purchasing anything and did quite a bit of my Christmas shopping. All in all, a good day!

Jul 22, 2018, 8:51 PM

That’s what it’s all about. Great post

Hit the nail on the head!***

Jul 22, 2018, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Any ladies want to tell me what you thought about the ladies clinic yesterday? ]

This was my second clinic

Jul 22, 2018, 9:34 PM

My mother and I went last year and this year in addition to my mother I brought my sister-in-law and niece. I thought like everything there are pluses and minuses for all changes.

Pluses: there were a lot of new people able to go and a LOT of money raised for Dabo’s foundation (which is after all the purpose of it). All of the “classes” they did last year were able to be done this year though some were certainly a bit different. This year there seemed to be a bit more access to the coaches as far a getting autographs as they were available in the AM as well as in the football ops building. In shifting to a big group they used a lot more humor to keep people engaged - and some things were really funny. Holly Rowe was a great speaker (they had no speaker last year).

Minuses: While there were lots of players there they were not very accessible; I was never able to speak to any of them. Last year they were available at the various stations. I was disappointed in this. We got to walk through “Dabo World” it was great but was better when we got more of a guided tour of it. There were a LOT of people going through the facility - felt a lot like a cattle call. Dabo was available for pictures with everyone but the line was extremely long and they eliminated the opportunity to get his autograph. The vendor area was a mad-house and made it difficult to walk around LJC; I wasn’t looking to buy anything so not sure how bad it actually was. I didn’t like some of the “audience participation” things - I didn’t get much out of watching older women run around the tackling dummies.

Overall I felt like had I not been before I would have thought it was great. Because I went last year, I thought it was good but nowhere near as “special” this year. I suspect that they will use this larger format in the future though as I don’t really think having 2 sessions is possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a fundraiser for charity.

Jul 22, 2018, 10:26 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=23751737#23751737

Jul 22, 2018, 10:40 PM

This was our first time attending. We had a chance to meet and have short conversations with most of the coaches. No one made us feel rushed, even though there were long lines all over the place. I think everyone who made the effort eventually had their 10-15 seconds with Dabo; not a lot of time but there were 3,000 people and he was also quite involved in the day's program. We missed part of both the offensive and defensive coaches' presentations in order to meet Dabo, but that was a choice we made. We still learned a bit about blocking and about reading defenses.

Holly Rowe was a great choice for the speaker. She shared very openly about both her cancer journey and her career path, giving great advice for young women (although there were probably fewer than 100 HS /college girls in the crowd).

The other highlight of the day had to be the nutrition segment and players' cooking demo. It was interesting to hear how they adjust the meals throughout game week to match the type of workout each day, and it was priceless to watch CW and Big Dexy add the finishing touches to the omelets they made!

We did not try to meet any of the big name players, but got pictures with a couple of super nice sophomores who had some "wow" moments in the second half of last season. Looking forward to seeing what these guys can do this year!

Jul 22, 2018, 11:09 PM

You had to ask!

They did a super job of getting 3000 ladies lunch! I think it was less than 20 minutes and everyone had their box and back in their seat or wherever they wanted to eat. I also liked that a couple of concessions were open so that you had options if you wanted (although they think really highly of their $nack$!).

The concourse around Littlejohn was not quite big enough to allow for getting coaches autographs and shopping at the same time. Several places were very difficult to get through because lines started to get 2-people wide as they got longer waiting to get autographs from coaches and on the other side were lines of ladies waiting to purchase items from the vendor.

If there had been an opportunity to fill out an evaluation, I would have suggested having one area for all of the offensive coaches and one for all of the defensive coaches, that way you create one line and it moves a little more quickly because you know they are all there. You didn't know who the next coach was going to be as you tried to walk around the concourse and there didn't seem to be any particular order as to defense or offense or support staff such as Jeff Davis and Woody McCorvey. The lines were long enough that you didn't know who the person was at the other end!

And if I had been a vendor that was located beside one of the more popular coaches, I would have been pretty PO'd because the lines cut off any way of seeing a booth or getting to one if you did happen to see it.

I saw several ladies close to panic or anxiety attacks because of the difficulty getting through at the beginning of the day. Everyone was funneled in the same direction as you came in which also created heavy congestion.

As someone who has helped organize several large events, I couldn't resist answering!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 8:50 AM

Did any of you ladies see Frances Marion there?

??????????

I thought it was awesome!

Jul 23, 2018, 12:32 PM

I hired a whole bunch of wimmenz to attend, buy a bunch of Clemson stuff and get some autographs and pictures. They came back with quite a big haul of goods! I have put all of it up on my ebay store and after it sells out, the Dabo wimmenz clinic thing will be a VERY profitable day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Jul 23, 2018, 1:19 PM

I wish my wife and daughter would have had problems with the shopping. She said when she first got there she wasn't sure it was going to be worth it with so many. But said in the end it worked out great and loved it. They got lots of pictures with players and coaches and bought a lot (too much) stuff.

Jul 23, 2018, 2:17 PM

I have been to quite a few of the clinics. They are so much fun. Yes, it was crowded. The highlights for me were hearing Dado - I could listen to him all day!, The dancing contest, the cooking demonstration - players cooked omelets - to name a few. I was able to tour the football facilities which was awesome. I definitely hope to go back next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2018, 8:24 PM

My wife went with a friend. She thought the clinic was fun, but not as good as in years past.

This year was pretty expensive and there were less "perks" than in years before. Because the coaches were spread out across little john, they didn't get many autographs/pictures. Interacting with the coaches/players was her favorite part. Lines were long for bathrooms/shopping etc. This was the first year she didn't buy anything :)

She loved the speech by Holly Rowe.

I think if this was your first ladies clinic you probably loved it, but if you had been to previous clinics you may have been a little disappointed.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic