Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any Scums of the Earth (er, excuse me, Lawyers) on here who
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,051

Any Scums of the Earth (er, excuse me, Lawyers) on here who

Aug 11, 2020, 9:15 AM

could answer this question truthfully?

Could there be a legal "release" form generated and signed by individual players and their families against seeking litigation against Clemson for any medical issues brought on by Covid-19, up to and including death?

If such a document could be framed that it would legally stand up in courts, it would ease the collective minds that are the Powers that Be at Clemson, and other schools, about not just football, but sports, or even attendance, in general. Of course, it would require that all the protocols already in place AND WORKING, I might add, continue to be followed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waivers can be written, but in the event Clemson was

Aug 11, 2020, 9:21 AM

willfully negligent that waiver wouldn't hold up in court.

But that's not really the issue. The players don't want to sign waivers, they want to play and they want the schools to do everything they can to protect them. If a kid signs a waiver to play, then gets COVID from playing football and has no money, what is he supposed to do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

IF he is among the 1.6% that had the talent to make the NFL,

Aug 11, 2020, 9:26 AM

he probably cashes in on the insurance policy he took out against "injury". Again, that leaves it for the lawyers to haggle over in court, probably. If he is among the other 98.4%, he deals with it just like the rest of us who have no money.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

willfully negligent

Aug 11, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Waivers can be written, but in the event Clemson was ]

I'm guessing that you are not a lawyer and have not spent much time in a courtroom.

It's not easy proving where somebody contracted a virus.

Lawsuits usually don't make it to trial. Even if you have a great case, all lawyers want to get paid and will do every thing they can to settle so that both the plantiff and defendant lose and both lawyers win.

The question was asked if a waiver would stand up in court

Aug 11, 2020, 9:45 AM

and a waiver/release looks and sounds great, but at the end of the day in the event of willful negligence it would not. Do you disagree?

No, it's not easy proving where someone contracted a virus. Although with the huge effort being made for contact tracing with this particular virus, it is not impossible. Of course an overwhelming majority of civil cases get settled and don't make it to trial, but that wasn't the question asked. Hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: willfully negligent

Aug 11, 2020, 9:47 AM [ in reply to willfully negligent ]

Exactly, they had a comment from a layer on coot radio the other day, and there had already been a written law on college athletes and their claims against a university, and if they do sue, it a Tort Claims law, and the settlements are low, and lawyers mostly benefit the most from them....

Re: willfully negligent

Aug 11, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to willfully negligent ]

No way that dumb coot is a lawyer!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Scums of the Earth (er, excuse me, Lawyers) on here who

Aug 11, 2020, 10:57 AM

Which part of the student athlete can sue - the student part or the athlete part? If it's the student part all universities that open are at risk. If it's only the athlete part, then that would be discrimination against all students. It would be tied up in the courts for years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,051
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic