Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any Concerns against Coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Any Concerns against Coots?

Nov 28, 2015, 2:22 AM

It is just my nature to worry about nearly every game. Here is what I can come up which could be against us.

1. It is a Road Game (Yes I expect it to be be at least 50% Clemson Fans)
2. South Carolina has nothing to lose, They can go for every 4th down, run trick plays, swap qbs and formations on every play. After seeing their Offensive rankings, I don't think it matters who they play at QB.
3. Concern about Injuries to Starters. I have heard a lot of trash talking from Coot fans saying they will be going after SW knee and such. I really think this just comes from a frustrated fan base who's beloved Messiah left at mid season because he didn't want to finish his season with additional losses.

4. Turnovers/Bad Calls -- This is the only one i can see. If we get questionable calls and TDs called back then we just cannot have muffed punts, and balls picked off. SC is 41st against the pass in the nation. However, that may me more to do with the fact they are 110th against the rush in the nation. Why pass when you can run at will? I think turnovers by us and possible dumb penalties/bad calls are the only thing that could keep the shamecocks in this game.

After stating my concerns, I think we win this something like 38-13. I would expect to see DW stretch out the secondary early and then see lots and lots of Gallman. He should be good for 5.5 yards a carry. We will mix in some sweeps, reverses, slants, and a few called runs by DW and we should have this game completely in our control by halftime.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any Concerns against Coots?

Nov 28, 2015, 7:07 AM

T/O's is my only real concern. The ONLY team that can beat CLEMSON today is CLEMSON.

Pharoh Cooper is the real deal though, so we MUST have a plan to deny him the ball when possible. He will hurt us more than once today, but it won't be enough.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Faye Row Cooper

Nov 28, 2015, 7:34 AM

is a poor man's Artavis Scott.

Nov 28, 2015, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Any Concerns against Coots? ]

Not sure you should have any real concerns. And as for the refs, it's an ACC crew.......you'll be fine.

if they run trick plays, go for 4th downs, and play risky...

Nov 28, 2015, 7:32 AM

It will only make the beat down worse. I think SE will play it safe to keep the score from being a 63-17 type game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

D.anmed Right I am am concerned! Confident but concerned

Nov 28, 2015, 7:35 AM

The Coots have nothing to lose and this game means everything to them.

I think as long as we protect the rock and no one gets hurt we will skin them alive, but this game is not a cake walk just yet

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: D.anmed Right I am am concerned! Confident but concerned

Nov 28, 2015, 7:38 AM

What does protecting the rock have to do with winning this game?

I wasn't talking about Howard's Rock

Nov 28, 2015, 7:41 AM

The Rock=The Football

Fumbles and Int's can always be the great equalizer! A few years ago we lost to the coots because we had 5 turnovers.

Protect the rock!

Re: I wasn't talking about Howard's Rock

Nov 28, 2015, 7:43 AM

Ohhhhhhh....the FOOTBALL. Okay.

Re: I wasn't talking about Howard's Rock

Nov 28, 2015, 8:23 AM [ in reply to I wasn't talking about Howard's Rock ]

It was 2 years ago and it was 6 turnovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

rock with little r = football

Nov 28, 2015, 7:41 AM [ in reply to Re: D.anmed Right I am am concerned! Confident but concerned ]

Not to be confused with The Rock

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

No to be confused with this on either: LOL***

Nov 28, 2015, 7:44 AM

you couldn't find a bigger picture?***

Nov 28, 2015, 8:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: No to be confused with this on either: LOL***

Nov 28, 2015, 8:19 AM [ in reply to No to be confused with this on either: LOL*** ]

please do not post pictures if you dont know how...

add width="100%" into your img code.

null

Amateur

Nov 28, 2015, 8:20 AM

Nov 28, 2015, 8:20 AM

Yes, a evac of the game because of coot threats and bad metrologist say inclement weather is heading to cootlumbia

always concerned

Nov 28, 2015, 8:27 AM

If we played 100 times with these lineups - Tigers would win 95. The question is -is this the 5? Kinda like in dumb and dumber line. It may be one in a million - but they have a chance.

Start strong, beat them at the line of scrimmage on both sides and take the heart out of them.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2015, 8:30 AM

In all honesty, every game should be treated the same way. It is the next game. We should be as ready for the Coots as we were for ND and FSU.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic