Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anticipate NCAA will worm out of trouble & end "1 & done"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,158

Anticipate NCAA will worm out of trouble & end "1 & done"

Sep 26, 2017, 9:51 PM

which is not a bad outcome. "One and done" will be linked to shoe deals, lack of academics, general lawlessness, etc. and NCAA will ride in on white horse and implement same enrollment/draft rules as baseball.

Now some major college programs, corporations, coaches, assistants and executives my be hammered. Remember on "Law and Order" the police go after the bait fish to catch the big game fish. Hope that helps ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't be shocked if it was the NCAA that passed

Sep 26, 2017, 9:54 PM

information to the FBI. NCAA has no subpoena authority and they cannot legally enforce laws. They probably caught wind from somewhere, realized how deep the rabbit hole goes, and informed the FBI.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anticipate NCAA will worm out of trouble & end "1 & done"

Sep 26, 2017, 9:59 PM

The NCAA does not mandate the "1 and done" rule. That is the NBA and more specifically the NBAPA. Now if by "end" you mean that by their actions they will it end it, then maybe yes. If they aided in the FBI's efforts they may end the "1 and done" indirectly.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anticipate NCAA will worm out of trouble & end "1 & done"

Sep 26, 2017, 10:27 PM

Interesting input cu232 on developing story. You sound informed on this subject. That said, do you see the NCAA circling the wagons and lobbying to "end one and done" to legitimize their role as I do?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NCAA can't really do anything to the offending schools

Sep 27, 2017, 2:24 AM

until the Justice Dept/FBI are finished. Who knows?? Maybe the old death penalty will re-emerge once the enormity of the wrongdoing is fully exposed by those with legal powers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What NBA players are signed by Adidas?

Sep 27, 2017, 4:55 AM

That will narrow the schools. Could be Kentucky or other programs that are magnets for 1 and dones. Wonder if Duke or UNC end up on the list.

Will be interesting to watch how this develops. The D league needs to be made more legitimate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regardless of who's responsible for it, it needs to go

Sep 27, 2017, 9:32 AM

I say do like baseball...hs seniors & 3rd year college players draft eligible.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,158
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic