Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 123
| visibility 1

Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in

Oct 15, 2019, 12:52 PM

disguise. We now have writers openly rooting for Clemson to lose because they are tired of seeing us play for the Natty. And yet, Bama has been in the playoffs every year since they started, and no such sentiment is being voiced about them.

I believe Clemson has gotten in the crosshairs of the Libtard media because Dabo is so out front with his faith in the Good Lord. They can not, and will not sit still for such an atrocity happening. They all thought they had won when prayer was taken out of the schools, and pretty much everywhere else.

Now, here comes the Coach of a highly rated football program openly witnessing his faith, using his fame as a public platform, and raining on their parade again. So, they are spinning stories every way they can to downgrade Clemson, get us out of the picture, so that Dabo's platform will not be as widespread. Keep on keeping on, Dabo, Clemson Nation, or at least one old part of it, is behind you 100%.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no doubt about, and its to be expected. He knows this***

Oct 15, 2019, 1:01 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no doubt about, and its to be expected. He knows this***

Oct 15, 2019, 10:39 PM

Amen brother......well said and I agree with you 110%......Go Tigers !!!!!!

Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in

Oct 15, 2019, 1:38 PM

It’s only going to get worse, I’m 56 years old and I truly believe before I die Christmas will be persecuted in this country for our beliefs and faith. I know this my come across as extreme to some you, but just listen to the democratic debate tonight and you’ll hear candidates saying they’ll use executive orders to force churches to except their lifestyles. This rhetoric isn’t coming from some fringe far left party but one of the two dominant political party in this country, and their view on this is supported by a large segment of the media.

Oct 15, 2019, 1:48 PM

So basically you're upset because people should be allowed to be gay if they want? That's not your religion being attacked, that's you not being allowed to control someone else's life.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:23 PM

No your completely wrong about what I think. I believe sex between people of the same gender is a sin, just like adultery, lust, and drunkenness is a sin. If someone chooses to engage in that behavior they have that right to do so. I should also be allowed to view it as a sin, but their are those who seek to forbid me from holding this view and would punish anyone who voices my view.

Oct 15, 2019, 3:07 PM

That's terrible. You're so brave to go through day to day life being treated so poorly.

Oct 15, 2019, 4:01 PM

What? I’m not talking about personal interaction and I think you know that. I’m referring to a change in the law that would criminalize my beliefs, and there is already a bill in the California house that would do that very thing. I find this move to criminalize beliefs and speech very troubling. It’s obvious we have different views on the morality of same gender sex and it’s not my place to try and change your beliefs.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:39 PM

I love same gender sex, it makes my ######## leak fluids in excitement

Gay people are bad for procreation

Oct 15, 2019, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

So there's that as well.

Re: Gay people are bad for procreation

Oct 15, 2019, 5:59 PM

The left wants to rid the Earth of 90% of its human population, so they are being consistent. You know, to save the planet.

I wonder what sliver of humanity they think should be allowed to live? One guess?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Gay people are bad for procreation

Oct 15, 2019, 6:08 PM

Don't worry the heathens are gonna get theirs soon when God destroys the earth and sends them to hell.

most abortions are had by Christian women...

Oct 15, 2019, 7:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Gay people are bad for procreation ]

So if Christian women would stop having abortions you would see the number drop significantly. Sounds like an in-house problem for evangelicals, not something liberals have to do with

Re: most abortions are had by Christian women...

Oct 16, 2019, 7:26 AM

If you are going to promote the liberal view, then you need to get with the program. They are not abortions anymore. It is an exercise of women's reproductive health.

Nope it’s never been called that***

Oct 16, 2019, 9:14 PM

Well we do have too many people on Earth

Oct 15, 2019, 6:12 PM [ in reply to Gay people are bad for procreation ]

maybe this is Gods way of keeping the population down

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 billion people on earth, procreation is thriving***

Oct 16, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Gay people are bad for procreation ]

You're a ####### idiot***

Oct 15, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're a ####### idiot***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:39 PM

I love same gender sex, it makes my buttwhole leak fluids in excitement

Oct 15, 2019, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Oh you have such a tough life. How dare anyone tell you that being a bonehead is...well...boneheaded

Oct 15, 2019, 4:18 PM

Actually i have a wonderful life, and I thought it was obvious I wasn’t talking about personal interaction. I have no issues that you or anyone else disagrees with my beliefs.

Oct 15, 2019, 4:56 PM

No it shouldn’t be criminal to believe what you do but it should be fairly obvious that your beliefs are outdated and come from a time when people were alot dumber than they are now.

Newsflash:

Oct 15, 2019, 5:25 PM

Whether you believe in God or natural evolution, buttholes are designed to pass food waste, and that's it. It's got nothing to do with intelligence. That statement, in and of itself, is unintelligent and ignorant.

Re: Newsflash:

Oct 15, 2019, 5:35 PM

So what does two gay women have to do with putting things in buttholes? Interesting that it's always men who are targeted when someone speaks out against gays.

Not good for procreation either.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:37 PM

Carry on.

Re: Not good for procreation either.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:53 PM

So what you’re saying is birth control and condoms should be illegal?

Re: Not good for procreation either.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:55 PM

And the pull out method, and oral sex, and hand jobs, solo stuff, and sex of any type after a person can no longer reproduce.

irrelevant to the discussion of gay sex.

Oct 15, 2019, 6:07 PM

"Normal" people who choose to not procreate at a particular time still can procreate. Not all "normal" people choose to prevent pregnancy, and that's a good thing for human existence.
Gay sex is really bad for human existence, and again, whether it' purely evolution of by God, it not designed that way.

Re: irrelevant to the discussion of gay sex.

Oct 15, 2019, 6:10 PM

Slowing procreation would be a good thing in an evolutionary worldview.

Re: irrelevant to the discussion of gay sex.

Oct 15, 2019, 7:27 PM [ in reply to irrelevant to the discussion of gay sex. ]

Gay people could still find a partner to procreate with if they decided to as well.

So let me get this straight, your issue is that you think gay people are a danger to human existence?

wait, are you, like tincup, suggesting that

Oct 15, 2019, 10:27 PM

homosexuality is good for mankind?

It's simple logic that more homosexual sex reduces the number of naturally born children, and therefore would effect human existence.

God and evolution agree - homosexual sex is not the intention and design of animals.. no?

9 billion people human existence isn’t threatened***

Oct 16, 2019, 9:26 PM

that doesn't make any sense in this discussion.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Not good for procreation either. ]

But feel free to continue your displays of ignorance.

9 billion people carry on***

Oct 16, 2019, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Not good for procreation either. ]

And by the way, I'm not "speaking out" against your choices.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Newsflash: ]

Simply explaining simple science, whether by God or only evolution.

Re: And by the way, I'm not "speaking out" against your choices.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:53 PM

I'm not gay if that's what you're implying. I have a wife and a child so it's not my choices.

I don't see that implication

Oct 15, 2019, 6:12 PM

But you do seem to have an unnatural desire to defend something that neither God nor evolution supports. I guess you'll be okay if your child chooses to be gay? Not that it's wholly important here, but since you claim to be a Christian, there are no forms of religion which support homosexuality.

Re: I don't see that implication

Oct 15, 2019, 6:43 PM

"I guess you'll be okay if your child chooses to be gay?"

Yeah, why wouldn't they be? This disgusting stuff you keep posting says a lot more about you than the person you are replying to.

GO TIGERS

I didn't clarify it

Oct 15, 2019, 11:37 PM

I would love and support my child if he/she decides a gay lifestyle. I wouldn't disown them or love them less. I would, however, be internally disappointed and hope for a possible change in lifestyle in the future. That's a known outcome of many gay relationships.

In all, homosexuality is not God's intention, nor has evolution designed it that way. Personally I believe in God's plan, and if you 'lean' to Christianity, then what are you really arguing?

People "choose" to be gay?***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I don't see that implication ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't see that implication

Oct 15, 2019, 7:29 PM [ in reply to I don't see that implication ]

The Bible used to say a lot of crazy stuff about stoning women who spoke out of turn, not eating fish, and other crazy things that it no longer says as well. I guess God changed his mind about those things?

I don't think God changed his mind on

Oct 15, 2019, 11:49 PM

His design for procreation, no. And by that token, I don't think he changed his mind on homosexuality either. You'll need to ask someone else how best to explain old testament writings versus new testament, but homosexuality is not acceptable in the new testament either.

It’s always funny how anti gay people speak...

Oct 16, 2019, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Newsflash: ]

so graphically about gay sex.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

So if I viewed same gender sex as moral behavior I’d be more intelligent? Do you really believe most people view the act of sex between two men in a positive way? I’m not asking if most people think two consenting adults can engage in that behavior, but do most people view it positively.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:36 PM

Do most people view the act of sex between two women in a positive way?

Oct 15, 2019, 5:55 PM

Oct 15, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Probably depends on whether they are hawt or fat and ugly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 15, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

No

Oct 15, 2019, 7:32 PM

You honestly think if you were able to poll a bunch of men and get their honest opinion on women on women sex that they'd have a negative opinion towards it? That the average man wouldn't have a positive opinion towards a threesome with 2 other women?

Oct 15, 2019, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

I don't think anyone is saying you have to view it in a positive way. I don't view pulling for the Gamecocks in a positive way, or anyone that pulls against Clemson. However, I also don't feel that I'm being persecuted by anyone telling me that people have the right to cheer for other teams.

Oct 15, 2019, 6:38 PM

If you read all my post you’d know I’m not saying people shouldn’t be able to engage in the behavior if they choose. I was pointing out that there are several main stream presidential candidates who would punish churches who teach that same gender sex is immoral.

you’re just angry your side lost the culture war ***

Oct 15, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Oct 15, 2019, 6:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

I can't wait for the left wing kooks to start harassing Muslim bakers who refuse to bake cakes for gay weddings. Oh thats right the left only cares about those evil Christians who hold this belief. Muslims get a free pass because they vote Democrat. How convenient for their selective outrage.

Oct 15, 2019, 7:34 PM

So obviously you're saying there is a recent example of a Muslim baker turning down a gay couple, and then being told they have the right to do that?

Oct 15, 2019, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Great. Many of us don't believe it's a sin. And no one is stopping you from believing it's a sin. We just don't want you controlling the people who don't believe it's a sin.

Oct 15, 2019, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Exactly .....they have the right to choose that lifestyle if they like even though I do not agree with it......the problem I have with this is these same people want me to agree with them and say it is acceptable for them to do this and I will never ever agree with their lifestyle.......and there is still a right and a wrong even those these people want us to believe everything is now acceptable.....NO it is not.....Go Tigers!!!!!

oh, good lord.***

Oct 16, 2019, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Oct 16, 2019, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

So basically you're upset because people should be allowed to be gay if they want? That's not your religion being attacked, that's you not being allowed to control someone else's life.

I guess you missed Beto last week. The OP got it right as an anti religious bias. I fall into the Protestant Christian category but Catholics, Muslims, and Jews believe homosexuality is wrong as well. It is fine if someone chooses that lifestyle but the government has no right to force it into our doctrines.

Oct 16, 2019, 2:42 PM

You have no right to force your doctrines into our laws.

the Government can’t, learn what the first amendment is***

Oct 16, 2019, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

I agree, cristmas shouldn't be a national holiday

Oct 15, 2019, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

Or kuanza, hanakua, festivus, or any other religious holiday.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I agree, cristmas shouldn't be a national holiday

Oct 15, 2019, 4:31 PM

Festivus for the rest of us!

Oct 16, 2019, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

I’ve been waging war on Christmas for years now.

I give a fist pump every time I’m able to work in a Happy Holidays.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

A coot would do that!!***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

possibly the dumbest thing i have ever read***

Oct 15, 2019, 1:38 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You obviously read VERY little - especially on here.***

Oct 15, 2019, 1:48 PM

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Oct 15, 2019, 1:46 PM

OMG some of you are literally insane. I've continued seeing posts like this that Christians are being targeted. It's similar to all those posts I see people come up with around Christmas about there being a war on Christmas, and the example is usually something to do with someone being told to have a happy holiday.

Try dealing with it the other way around, especially here in the south. I'll admit that I'm not overly religious, and it's not often my family finds ourselves in church. My job has me dealing with a ton of customers, and I'm asked at least once a week by one of them if I go to church. I know that I'm going to be judged harshly if I say no so I'll just say yes. I even have to have the name of a church ready to name because I'm then asked which church I go to as if there're testing me. It's much harder telling someone you don't go to church than it is to say you do.

So no, I don't think there's a war on Christmas, and I don't think we're currently ranked #3 in football due to our coach being religious. People act as if he's the only Christian coach in the country, or as if he's the only coach or athlete to ever thank God after a win.

^^^One of the persecutors^^^

Oct 15, 2019, 1:51 PM

OMG, those evil christians asked if I go to church. The outrage!!!

I think you got it backwards, bro.

Oct 15, 2019, 2:02 PM

clemson2003 isn't the one who started a thread about being persecuted.

Are you even paying attention?

Any chance what you are describing is an internalization ?

Oct 15, 2019, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Anti-Clemson bias by reporters is really religious bias in ]

What if they asked "Do you golf" ?

What courses do you play ?

And if you KNOW golf is a big deal to them, and it is a big customer - what do you say ?

I had somebody this weekend that I had never met ask me what my hobbies were.

If kinda took me aback for a quick second.

The occurrence of casual conversation is dying - and quickly, if you ask me.

I know, I know - "But, but the South", "religiously insane people", etc, etc.

Zig Ziglar says 90% of buying objections are in the mind of the SELLER.

Not really sure what it has to do with this, but it is always fun to quote Zig.

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Any chance what you are describing is an internalization ?

Oct 15, 2019, 2:05 PM

I never said that I had a problem with them asking, or that I felt attacked or offended. My point was there is this natural pressure to answer that yes I do go to church. I've lived in the south my whole life, and know that anyone asking me that question will instantly think less of me if the answer is no.

Oct 15, 2019, 3:48 PM

And there's a push in many of these churches to keep it real by only going to Christian businesses--Chick Filet being the prime example. So answering "no" is a threat to your business.

Oct 15, 2019, 4:24 PM

Exactly. Just to be clear as well, I'm not saying that my life is hard because of this, or that it really causes me any stress at all. I'm only saying that it seems crazy to me when I hear a Christian talk about how difficult it is being a Christian, as if they want to think of themselves as being some sort of minority group that's being attacked in the streets or something.

I have no problem with Christians in general btw, and would probably classify myself as one if I had to classify myself as something. It's just that the examples they use as being targeted are usually things like it not being cool to hate gay people anymore, or some well meaning person saying happy holidays to them. All that stuff simply comes across as them being angry that not everyone is following their way 100%. "How dare this person say happy holidays to me instead of Merry Christmas, let me start an online petition to boycott that store."

Oct 15, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Any chance what you are describing is an internalization ? ]

"I never said that I had a problem with them asking, or that I felt attacked or offended. My point was there is this natural pressure to answer that yes I do go to church. I've lived in the south my whole life, and know that anyone asking me that question will instantly think less of me if the answer is no."

Being a Christian,when I ask someone where, not if, they attend church. I'm asking to find if they have a church home. Not to judge them. If they say no, I invite them to church. You shouldn't lie about it.

Oct 15, 2019, 5:16 PM

I know people mean what you're saying, and that they have good intentions. I just A) want to avoid a deeper conversation during my work day about how I should try out their church, and B) just want to avoid being judged for not going, and then refusing to go and try their church. It's just simpler to say I already have a church and move on. It's sort of like a woman being single, but lying about having a boyfriend to avoid a sales pitch from some guy, and/or to hurt his feelings. Yeah, perhaps she should just be honest, but sometimes it's faster and easier to tell a little white lie.

My point just is that if Christians were looked at as some minority group that's being targeted then I wouldn't have to feel as if I'm standing out worse for not going. Think about it the other way around. Would someone be able to get away with saying "hey, so you go to church? Would you happen to have a little time for me to tell you how there isn't a God?"

Oct 16, 2019, 8:30 PM

If you get that bent out of shape about someone asking you whether or not you go to church then you've got some deep issues.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Any chance what you are describing is an internalization ? ]

Dude, I thought I was the only one left who loved Zig Ziegler...he was the best.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 1:51 PM

Yup the whole world is out to get us.

(that was sarcasm)

It's just football folks. Enjoy the game.

Oct 15, 2019, 1:55 PM

It's time to have an official TNET conspiracy theory of the day. This can be the very first, unless someone, heaven forbid, can top this one.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ClemTigs

I feel so persecuted knowing that

Oct 15, 2019, 1:59 PM

every single member of the media is a godless libtard looking to nail Dabo to the cross.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WE ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!

Oct 15, 2019, 2:00 PM

*GASPS*

***THROWS ARMS UP IN DESPAIR***

Oct 15, 2019, 2:04 PM

Would you be ok with it if he was Muslim? Just curious.

Not sports but 70% of nation want the Popular Vote to count

Oct 15, 2019, 2:18 PM

and not the Electoral College where the candidate only has to win a particular state to garner the vote & thus win of that state.

Our Founders must have been ignorant not to realize that California & NY would be highly Liberal & Democrats and vote accordingly..

WAIT!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2019, 3:31 PM

Amen Brother!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been saying for a few years now, we will never have a

Oct 15, 2019, 3:33 PM

Heisman winner because of just that. Libs will never vote for us...

Re: I have been saying for a few years now, we will never have a

Oct 15, 2019, 3:43 PM

If you really believe that, then how exactly did Tim Tebow win one?

Re: I have been saying for a few years now, we will never have a

Oct 15, 2019, 10:54 PM

An excellent point.. but itll get ignored, ppl here bend over backwards to pretend ESPN hates Clemson for whatever reason.

GO TIGERS

i wont ignore it. Tebow won it 12 years ago. The culture war

Oct 16, 2019, 9:42 AM

has tripled in magnitude since then. Do you honestly not believe there is an anti Christian culture worldwide and in the US? Did you honestly not think it strange that the best college QB in a decade failed to win the trophy two years running, the last year inexplicably so? Do you honestly not believe Christians are being killed worldwide simply for being Christians, and that an attitude of tolerance of this pervades our culture? (Be careful about that last one; stats available upon request.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i wont ignore it. Tebow won it 12 years ago. The culture war

Oct 16, 2019, 10:36 AM

Nice persecution complex yall got there...

GO TIGERS

Right. I notice you didnt challenge the stats. Smart move.

Oct 16, 2019, 3:02 PM

Can hang onto your bias without facing the facts.

Re: Right. I notice you didnt challenge the stats. Smart move.

Oct 16, 2019, 7:16 PM

No, I just know that the vast majority of Americans still identify as Christian and that it's completely nuts to assume that Deshaun didn't win a Heisman because of Christianity. You literally have to be going out of your way to look for reasons to feel persecuted.

GO TIGERS

Oct 16, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to i wont ignore it. Tebow won it 12 years ago. The culture war ]

I think the fact that you think DW didn't win the heisman because of Dabo's faith is a sign that you are looking for ways to be offended.

Oct 16, 2019, 6:21 PM [ in reply to i wont ignore it. Tebow won it 12 years ago. The culture war ]

Yes, I’d very much like to see your stats that supports an anti Christian bias and Christians being targeted here in the United States. I don’t see how any statistics from other countries or any terrorist related activities would be relevant.

Also to be clear, are you saying that none of the recent Heisman winners or their coaches are Christians?

The culture war is over. This country won’t become a theocracy...

Oct 16, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to i wont ignore it. Tebow won it 12 years ago. The culture war ]

contrary to your wants

i totally agree

Oct 15, 2019, 3:54 PM

with the reporters and our weak @$$ schedule.

LOL. Hopefully tongue in cheek.***

Oct 15, 2019, 4:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nope, take the tinfoil hat off***

Oct 15, 2019, 4:58 PM

Oct 15, 2019, 5:01 PM

This may come as a surprise to you 76er ... and I know a bunch of them , but liberals are mostly of the faith believe it or not .
No , I think the Clemson bias that we see is based purely on our successes at such a high level under Dabo Swinney . They cannot stand that we are such a small fish in a big pond and eating up all the baitfish :)

DB23

tigerdug is always the voice of reason.***

Oct 16, 2019, 3:55 PM

Oct 15, 2019, 5:48 PM

I think it's an attempt to get rid of the biggest competition of the last few years.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

How do you persecute a majority of the population?

Oct 15, 2019, 6:07 PM

Christianity is declining in the US, down from 85% of the adult population in 1990 to 75% in 2014(Pew Research) but still 3/4 of the population is Christian. Kind of hard to persecute 3/4 of the people.

Oct 15, 2019, 6:10 PM

They hate us because we had the audacity to go to the White House instead of hurling insults at the POTUS. For that there is no excuse in their eyes. They would nuke the entire university if they could get away with it.

Your hypothesis is total, unadulterated horse squeeze

Oct 15, 2019, 6:33 PM

Has nothing to do with religion. H
Geeze guys, come on. They’re biased because we’re not $EC and we’re kicking fanny

Re: Your hypothesis is total, unadulterated horse squeeze

Oct 15, 2019, 8:50 PM

+1 for horse squeeze

Still laughing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Your hypothesis is total, unadulterated horse squeeze

Oct 16, 2019, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Your hypothesis is total, unadulterated horse squeeze ]

CORRECT!we are still considered pretenders,unlike the sacred cows of college football like alabama,ND,ohio state,oklahoma,penn state,lsu,ga,and on.for some reason those schools all ring a vague bell.not quite sure why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 15, 2019, 7:39 PM

I think the correct term for people like you is snowflake

Oct 15, 2019, 7:46 PM

Being a libtard and Clemson fan are mutually exclusive

I am a Christian.

Oct 15, 2019, 7:53 PM

The original post is crazy. Sorry but I'm not going to read any of the follow-up posts.

That's the way it works. Athletes are brave for

Oct 15, 2019, 7:59 PM

putting down America and police.

Athletes are terrible for not supporting communist china and its military police.

America is at war for its soul.

Re: That's the way it works. Athletes are brave for

Oct 16, 2019, 7:46 AM

One minute they are told to shut up and dribble if they criticize Trump, but then people want them to be more vocal about Hong Kong later.

This thread makes me ashamed to be a clemson fan***

Oct 16, 2019, 6:25 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 7:31 AM

Thats laughable. That had to be a joke. Religion has nothing to do with it.

Amen...

Oct 16, 2019, 7:50 AM

The media did the same thing to Tim Tebow when he was at UF and then in the pros. The Bible says, "...and ye shall be persecuted for My sake..." so it comes as no surprise. I'm sure Dabo's faith will remain strong.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:15 AM

"When You're Accustomed to Privilege, Equality Feels Like Oppression"

Oct 16, 2019, 8:19 AM

I agree there is bias. SEC and ESPN bias! Fear that the truth will come out about the SEC and monies will go to the ACC and others. Bias generated by lazy journalists who won't work and get the facts and write the truth. Bias because they are afraid of the established media powers.

But, get this conspiracy and political and religious crap out of here. Talk about ulra-snowflake whining with this line of reasoning. The journalists don't care about religion, etc.

I am a proud Christian and of moderate political views, but this view of religious and then liberal political bias is crazy and whiny that sounds like conspiracy theories, fake news and rationalization of internal views.

No it’s not***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:21 AM

Tua is outwardly religious, also. He wears eyeblack

Oct 16, 2019, 2:12 PM

to look like crosses for cripes sake.

Bama continues to get their ##### kissed.

Your narrative doesn’t stand up.

Re: Tua is outwardly religious, also. He wears eyeblack

Oct 16, 2019, 4:29 PM

It's crazy he even got 1 thumbs ip. It's an insane post.

I'd love to say Clemson is persecuted because of Dabo's...

Oct 16, 2019, 5:25 PM

trust in The Lord but I can't. I think it's about ESPiN making the most money pushing Bama. I admit that some of the writers might be frustrated that God plays such a great part in the lives of our staff, players and recruits but I'm not going to even suggest this is any type of religious discrimination much less persecution.

There is no persecution of we Christians in this country. When they start feeding us to lions we can complain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Waited a long time for the Tigers....

Oct 16, 2019, 5:55 PM

.....to be at the top of the pile. To be the team that everyone is coming after. It is the highest compliment we could be paid by the sports world including the media to be constantly under the microscope. I've never heard any criticism of Coach Swinney because of his religious conviction.

Anytime a person, group, team, organization rises to the top in anything - be it sports, business, politics, entertainment, they become the new target. We live in a National Enquirer world where negative sells.....

The true test of a champion is how they handle this - as far as I can tell, Clemson has done an outstanding job of not getting involved on a routine basis.

To try and equate negative media attention to religion is nothing more than playing victim. And besides - after the FSU game the narrative completely changed and I believe - just like 2 and 3 years ago - the Tigers will rise up after a couple of weeks of adversity and again be the darling of the sports world.

So glad Clemson leadership, both athletically and academically, stay out of these stupid discussions.

The time to worry is when no one cares about Clemson.....

Jesus christ

Oct 16, 2019, 8:00 PM

... That's kooky.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They make medicine for this***

Oct 16, 2019, 8:35 PM

Let me count the ways that I think you are wrong.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:08 PM

76er® said:

disguise. We now have writers openly rooting for Clemson to lose because they are tired of seeing us play for the Natty. And yet, Bama has been in the playoffs every year since they started, and no such sentiment is being voiced about them. This is easily disproved by the facts. The media, fans and everyone's grandmother have complained about Bama being there every year. The Saban 'factory" approach to football has garnered it's share of criticism not to mention he recruits 25 every year and cuts the previous years 4 stars if they didn't produce. In many cases crushing young players hopes of ever playing college ball. You just may not have seen it.

I believe Clemson has gotten in the crosshairs of the Libtard media because Dabo is so out front with his faith in the Good Lord. They can not, and will not sit still for such an atrocity happening. Clearly this is one of the more absurd claims I've seen. You really believe that SEC bias, which has been the standard for 10 years is really a secret plot by the media to pan Clemson because Dabo is a man of faith? Show me that. Show me a single link from a credible source that holds that position? In my reading I've seen nothing but the opposite. Dabo is held in the highest regard because of his faith and character. He was recently voted by coaches that he is the #1 Coach they'd send their kids to play for. They all thought they had won when prayer was taken out of the schools, and pretty much everywhere else. I would seriously suggest you familiarize yourself with Constitutional law. The idea that "prayer has been taken out of school" Is simply a misunderstanding or bald face lie spread by politicians to get Christian votes! IN FACT a student or group of students CANNOT be prevented from engaging in prayer in school as long as it doesn't disrupt the normal operation of the school. Now THAT is the actual law. The only change was that employees of the state, local or federal govt. Could not organize or lead religious exercise during school hours. That makes a lot of sense. How would you feel if the principal of your kids school offered and led prayers to Allah every morning at your kinds school???ot themselves compel or lead students in prayer. How would you like for the Muslim school?

Now, here comes the Coach of a highly rated football program openly witnessing his faith, using his fame as a public platform, and raining on their parade again. So, they are spinning stories evbery way they can to downgrade Clemson, get us out of the picture, so that Dabo's platform will not be as widespread. Keep on keeping on, Dabo, Clemson Nation, or at least one old part of it, is behind you 100%. I think you're fundamental error is that you're viewing our "elite" football program garners criticism because they are, in fact, elite...and you're blaming it all on 'Jesus Hater' We now see write ups almost every day about some element of our program, some good some not so good. Trevor has more interceptions than last year...they right about it just like they right about Ohio States, Alabama's and Oklahoma's successess and problems as well. All of our price isn't good, and I don't care. They're writing about us because we matter. We have one of if not THE elite college football program in the country, and I for one and glad they write about us. Or, would you prefer the kind of coverage Northwestern or Rice or NC State gets? How 'bout Kansas State, hear much about those guys? No, I like it this way and the idea that it's not always flattering is somehow a conspiracy against Christians. Paul said we should "wear life as a loose cloak". Perhaps you should try it, it's far more comfortable than being yet another Christian victim. With all do respect

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 16, 2019, 9:25 PM

God Bless Clemson
Team That I Love
Stand Beside Her
& Guide Her
Through The Night
With The Light From Above
From Death Valley
Through ACC
& Being Crowned #1 All Alone