Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Another decootment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Another decootment

Dec 22, 2015, 12:41 PM

Coots gain a 0* and lose a 2* #Boom

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/smith-decommits.113111/

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another decootment

Dec 22, 2015, 12:49 PM

whats funny is the insane asylum really believes it was muschumps idea to make room for "better" players. LOL Their comedic relief truly knows no boundaries.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Siriusly

Dec 22, 2015, 12:57 PM

As if they can afford to be picky about their recruits right now! Their new head coach was at the bottom of everyone else's list and their recruits are too! You better take what you can get, cluckers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

They picked up the juco CB already.***

Dec 22, 2015, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Another decootment ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

So this is what the coots call addition by subtraction....

Dec 22, 2015, 12:54 PM

okay then. Coots gonna coot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.***

Dec 22, 2015, 12:58 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:01 PM

Thanks for being reasonable tiger woods.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Pretty sure he was offered to

Dec 22, 2015, 1:04 PM

get the kid that will be coming out next year from South Pointe (his name escapes me). they are close, but cusschamp may have damaged that bridge

Dec 22, 2015, 1:04 PM [ in reply to Re: They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

IS THAT THE POINT. COOTERVILLE OFFERED THE KID, HE FINISHED SCHOOL EARLY SO HE COULD ENROLL AND GETS THIS NEWS AT THE 11TH HOUR. NOT SURPRISING THOUGH. USC COULD GIVE A #### ABOUT THEIR KIDS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ this

Dec 22, 2015, 1:05 PM

try to understand this 09. I know it's hard for you, however

Dec 22, 2015, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, just the fact that the coots went after a "not a D1 player" is hilarious. Has nothing to do with reasoning. Has to do with comedic implication that NOT a D1 player committed to usuck, then decooted. Something more wrong with that program than they want to admit.

Dec 22, 2015, 1:14 PM

We aren't going to be upset that Muschamp didn't take a kid who he felt wasn't going to contribute.

You do realize HE decommitted

Dec 22, 2015, 1:18 PM

It's not as if CussChamp rescinded the offer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 22, 2015, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

He decommitted you didnt pull an offer. Stop talking out of your ### and making #### up.

null

Who is going to take his place?***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

Re: Who is going to take his place?***

Dec 22, 2015, 1:23 PM

We shall see. Guessing travaris feels good about someone else.

Tarvarius doesn't have a clue

Dec 22, 2015, 2:06 PM

If he did, Auburn, the school he graduated from would have offered him the DC position. That right there tells anyone with a b rain all you need to know.

Re: Tarvarius doesn't have a clue

Dec 22, 2015, 2:40 PM

I'm not going to waste my time trying to argue whether or not Travaris is a great DC.

Muschamp is a great DC and will be heavily involved so I don't care if Travaris is a DC in name only if he can recruit as well as it sounds like he can.

Dec 22, 2015, 3:53 PM

As much as I'm naturally inclined to poopoo your arguments, let the facts speak. Travaris has in fact been rated a great recruiter....AT FLORIDA & AUBURN!!! He's never recruited for a program like USuC. He'll for sure snag a few good ones. Unless he can do what 2 Hall of Fame coaches couldn't do consistently, he'll be gone in 3 years along with Muschamp soon after.

Dec 22, 2015, 4:12 PM

Maybe you should wait and see before proclaiming he won't be able to recruit well?

Chump a great DC ?

Dec 22, 2015, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Tarvarius doesn't have a clue ]

How was Auburn's D this year ?LOL

Dec 22, 2015, 11:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Tarvarius doesn't have a clue ]

Yet you've wasted 10+ years of life on your rivals site. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the guy over on your board (FGF) said....

Dec 22, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

that he shut down Overton and Powell. Wouldn't you want him after that display?

Go Tigers!!

Re: But the guy over on your board (FGF) said....

Dec 22, 2015, 4:47 PM

Saw that and was just about to ask did he really shut down Overton?

Dec 22, 2015, 1:05 PM [ in reply to They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

Neither player will amount to much of anything, that's the bottom line.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Question: is the Fort Dorchester WR a D1 player?

Dec 22, 2015, 2:07 PM [ in reply to They're not going to miss this kid. Not a D1 player.*** ]

I've not heard much in the way of positives regarding him (at least with respect to his playing ability).

Seems like they are allowing one "not D1 player" to decommit at the same time they allowed another "not D1 player" to commit.

Bit of a head scratcher to me, but I'm not much of a recruiting guru (read: not at all).

Funny, now that he decooted, they're using the 2 star rating

Dec 22, 2015, 12:55 PM

LOL, while he was committed they were using his 247 composite rating which has him a 3 star.LOL

http://247sports.com/Player/Chris-Smith-57588

Re: Funny, now that he decooted, they're using the 2 star rating

Dec 22, 2015, 12:57 PM

So wait, they "jumped" from 57th to 56th with the committment of the ZERO star guy, where are they now with this decootment?

Wait, is that another 5-star getting ready to commit to Clemson? Hmmmmmm....... One program heading up and another continuing to DIVE DIVE DIVE!!!!!!

They are saying they wanted him to decommit...

Dec 22, 2015, 12:59 PM

Riiiight

I believe $CU was his only offer from a Power 5 program...

Dec 22, 2015, 1:05 PM

yet he dropped them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe $CU was his only offer from a Power 5 program...

Dec 22, 2015, 1:08 PM

Yep, he would rather go to Catawba than usuck. That right there tells you something.

"He didn't fit the new system"

Dec 22, 2015, 1:09 PM

Do they not have cornerbacks in this revolutionary new system?

Asking for a friend.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2015, 1:23 PM

Wait! What??? All the chicken fans I work with been bragging about there class for two weeks! Even had a guy tell me that the rb they got going to be better than feaster! I thought they had the number 1 class?? Wth

On FGF, they are claiming that Boom is getting rid of all...

Dec 22, 2015, 1:46 PM

the two and three star players to make room for all the 4 star and 5 star players he has "silently" committed to them. They believe they will have a top 10 class when all the dust settles.

Re: On FGF, they are claiming that Boom is getting rid of all...

Dec 22, 2015, 2:03 PM

I don't think it had a lot to do with any of that.

Best guess is Muschamp and the new staff didn't feel the player was going to contribute, didn't feel like having him take a scholie spot for the next four years, and probably pulled the offer or "encouraged" him to seek options elsewhere. You only have 85, and if you take on dead weight those 85 can look like a whole lot less, real fast.

Tricky situation, because they really can't afford to burn bridges at South Pointe, what with Rock Hill and its king-sized high schools long being South Carolina bastions, but then again, Muschamp may simply not know how important Rock Hill historically has been to his school's cause yet. Or maybe he does and did this diplomatically, though it definitely has the potential to, well, ruffle feathers even so. Pulling a scholie from a kid at a place like South Pointe is...walking a real, real thin line. Guess we'll see how it comes out in the wash.

They'll be lucky to sign a top 40 class***

Dec 22, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to On FGF, they are claiming that Boom is getting rid of all... ]

Re: They'll be lucky to sign a top 40 class***

Dec 22, 2015, 6:03 PM

Top 40 is reaching, they will be lucky to get past 50. They dont exactly have a lot in the wings ready to jump on board the sinking ship.

Dec 22, 2015, 2:48 PM

Is it just me, or does that thing hanging from that coot's beak look like a #######? Look at the avatar of chucktowncock in that thread. Carolina chinnuts?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's funny when they get a 2* he's the next big thing

Dec 22, 2015, 4:16 PM

But when we get 5*'s they're all like...

"shouldn't recruiting go both ways?"...what hypocrites....

Jan 1, 2018, 11:03 PM

thats CERTAINLY not the tune they were singing when Coach Swinney pulled a schollie offer a couple of years ago after kid decided to take more visits when he'd previously agreed not to.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic