Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ML's grace period is over
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

ML's grace period is over

Jun 3, 2018, 11:39 PM

Any coach hired to coach baseball @ Clemson should know what our program's expectations are. The good will from winning the ACC, winning 40+ games a year, hosting regionals 3 years in a row - that's gone to me. Omaha should be the goal year in & out. & in year 3 under ML, despite what he's done in regular season, we're no closer to that than what we were the last 5 years under Leggett. We've been getting embarrassed just as bad on opening weekend of the tournament & even worse, it's happening @ DKS. Playing @ home was virtually automatic when it came to advancing. Now it's just added to list of disappointments & embarrassments I'd never thought I'd see.

As a fan & alum, I'm mad as #### about the state of our baseball program. Clemson baseball used to mean something. That orange & purple of the baseball diamond used to be feared & respected. & since June 2010 when SC eliminated us from the CWS it's been nothing but a joke. ML needs to understand what his task is & fix it in a hurry or DRad needs to start finding the right coach to do the job b/c winning 40 & just making it to postseason might've been fine & well at Charleston, but it's not @ Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ML's grace period is over

Jun 3, 2018, 11:42 PM

You maybe on to something!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2018, 12:50 AM

It won't happen for 2-3 years and M.L. needs
to understand that the season ends in Omaha not Clemson especially
when we have the home field advantage.
It all starts with bringing in some men,not
boys and developing them.
Vandy had some grown men on
their team!

Another DA Post...***

Jun 4, 2018, 1:28 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Another DA Post...***

Jun 4, 2018, 3:13 AM

Not sure what "DA Post" means but the OP brings up some very valid points. Getting bounced 3 years in a row in the first round is nothing to write home about regardless of regular season performance. I don't know how anyone could possibly justify this...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

You don't understand because you're a DA***

Jun 4, 2018, 5:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apply for the ad job...or find a new source

Jun 4, 2018, 7:07 AM

Of entertainment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If having expectations for Clemson baseball makes me a DA, then I'll wear that crown all #### day

Jun 4, 2018, 8:50 AM

When I was growing up & going thru school, football was mired in the post- Danny Ford mediocrity. I never got to see the success in football I only heard from my grandpa, uncle, & oldest brother until just a few years ago. Basketball, was teased w/ a little success only to get slapped w/ the cold hard reality of Clemson's basketball history after the Cliff Ellis/Rick Barnes era ended.

Baseball was the sport that I got to see Clemson truly being nationally relevant on a consistent basis during my youth. I grew accustomed to Clemson making it to the CWS or being in the hunt. So as much as I love the recent success in football, when basketball strings together a season like this past season that offers a glimmer of hope, when soccer or golf make a push for a title, I want baseball back to meeting/exceeding the standards put in place along the way by the former players & coaches. Instead, I've watched several programs - in state, in conference, across the country, schools that we've historically been better than in what we've accomplished - surpass our program & done things that not only were we doing, but also accomplishing things we hadn't. & as a fan, I want that to change. I get there are ups & downs in sports, but what we've seen happen to our program in the past 8 years (& longer, if we want to be honest w/ ourselves) - it does bother me as a lifelong Tiger fan.

Re: If having expectations for Clemson baseball, (next year)

Jun 4, 2018, 10:13 AM

The poster made two comments I would like to respond to after reflection. First he said he was accustomed to winning and expecting to get to the CWS. If Leggett's last seasons and Monte's first three should have taught us all as fans, reality is such that those expectations are unrealistic in virtually every season. Talent which Clemson used to expect to recruit is no longer readily available due to the baseball draft, the rise of any number of mid-major or better programs such as Coastal Carolina and scholarship limits. Clemson fans somehow feel "entitled" to endless winning in all sports, in other words we have been spoiled to a degree. By example heaven help those fans when Dabo and staff lose three games in a football season!!

Monte Lee is passionate and he will clearly reflect upon the losses to Vandy. I hope he can hire a strong hitting coach and learn that "small ball" has a place in current collegiate baseball, but if he cannot adapt then he will ultimately pay a price. I believe he warrants at least two more seasons to recruit and develop his players, but Drad has to make those decisions, not ordinary fans.

Patience is lacking on the part of a multitude of fans because modern society has instilled in us the expectation of "instant gratification" and as a long time fan (1967) to date I've seen every type of season across the board in Tiger sports! It is wonderful to have annual expectations, but first understand where yours are in relation to actual reality. Next year may actually be worse, but anybody aware of the personnel Monte is losing should not be surprised. I trust the returning players and staff will review our entire season and recognize what went right, as well as what needs attention to take the next step(s) toward conference titles and beyond including super regional participation.

Go Tigers!

Great post! Well said.***

Jun 4, 2018, 9:27 AM

Jun 4, 2018, 11:27 AM

exactly...............POTD.................Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic