Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Annual which schedule would you rather have - Clemson or SC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,523

Annual which schedule would you rather have - Clemson or SC?

Jul 14, 2018, 4:21 PM

Take the Clemson-SC game out of it...

Clemson
09/01 Furman
09/08 @Texas A&M
09/15 Georgia Southern
09/22 @Georgia Tech
09/29 Syracuse
10/06 @Wake Forest
10/20 NC State
10/27 @Florida State
11/03 Louisville
11/10 @Boston College
11/17 Duke
11/24 South Carolina

South Carolina
Sat, Sep 1 vs C. Carolina
Sat, Sep 8 vs Georgia
Sat, Sep 15 vs Marshall
Sat, Sep 22 @ Vanderbilt
Sat, Sep 29 @ Kentucky
Sat, Oct 6 vs Missouri
Sat, Oct 13 vs Texas A&M
Sat, Oct 27 vs Tennessee
Sat, Nov 3 @ Ole Miss
Sat, Nov 10 @ Florida
Sat, Nov 17 vs Chattanooga
Sat, Nov 24 @ Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It goes in cycles, SEC East will not be down forever

Jul 14, 2018, 4:26 PM

Over the last few years we've had the tougher schedule

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Re: Annual which schedule would you rather have - Clemson or SC?

Jul 14, 2018, 5:25 PM

I’d much rather have their schedule period, especially this year of course I’d hate to have to play the best team on their schedule, the last game against Clemson, the rest will be easy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 14, 2018, 6:49 PM

ESPN's FPI rating has 3 ACC teams in top 20 vs 1 from the SEC. Clemson's got the 15th toughest row to hoe. SC is in the 44th spot.

Nolan Warren has Clemson's schedule ranked 7th and SC's ranked 17th.

Last year we had the 4th toughest schedule and SC was hitting in the 53rd spot.

One thing is for sure. We add to their SOS and they take away from ours.1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to switch every year. Then we could finally

Jul 14, 2018, 6:55 PM

shut up those crowin' dirtpeckers once and for all.

Re: I'd like to switch every year. Then we could finally

Jul 14, 2018, 7:37 PM

The last four ### whoopings have clearly shown that nothing can shut the beaks of idiot chickens. They are pathetically proud losers and will not stop squawking about it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I'm gonna say it again. The only time you can enjoy beating

Jul 15, 2018, 4:57 PM

them is during the game itself. As soon as it is over, they are on to talking trash until the next sport....

If we had their schedule would we still play them ?

Jul 14, 2018, 7:42 PM

Asking for a Coot .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: If we had their schedule would we still play them ?

Jul 14, 2018, 10:02 PM

I’d rather BE Clemson. If I had to be a coot, I’d rather not be.........besides, I don’t know much about women’s basketball.

Jul 14, 2018, 10:33 PM

Looks like they have what should be 3 sure wins built into their schedule.

It's a good thing they didn't schedule The Citadel

Jul 15, 2018, 10:02 AM

NM

Ours. Would rather play them than us.***

Jul 14, 2018, 10:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2018, 11:11 PM

Traditionally Usuck would play a slightly tougher schedule, but presently I actually think ours is more difficult. UF,UT and to a lesser extent UGa. have all been down. Usuck took advantage under the OBC and he ran when recruiting got harder and he could not sustain his success.

Once Usuck plays Auburn, Bama, LSU and even Arkansas and TAMU under new coaching I really believe Muscrap will feel tremendous pressure, but it will really rise when his division rivals rebound in the coming years! UGa. is already ahead.

Usuck fans think about the ACC as second rate based upon their past and a few recent wins, but if they played Ga. Tech, BC, NCST, Miami, Va. Tech and FSU along with Duke they would quickly change their perspective.

Until Usuck actually achieves a better overall record against ACC opponents their fans have little room to talk. We have a superior head to head record against top SEC programs over the last six to eight seasons than Usuck, but their fans don’t want be reminded. The obvious answer is for us to just keep winning! They can lose all they like as far as I am concerned!

Go Tigers!

Jul 15, 2018, 11:28 AM

Being honest here. Their schedule does look harder on paper. Not sure what the actual sos will be once the season is going, but theirs look much tougher than ours. They host A&M (our only tough game) and also have to deal with Georgia, Florida could be good, who knows about TENN, and then CU. That’s considerably harder than just A&M and FSU. The rest of the ACC will be a joke this year.

BC improving will not strenghten the league. Past few years it’s been clemson, FSU, and Louisville. 2/3 have HUGE question marks over them. Clemson will dominate the ACC this year.

Have you been drinking too much SEC koolaid?

Jul 15, 2018, 1:58 PM

Every strength of schedule rating I have seen for 2018 says ours is much tougher than theirs! Of course, they have to play us, and we get to play them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My OU for USuCk this year is 7.5 games.

Jul 15, 2018, 4:13 PM

I think playing a tough schedule seasons and hardens a team. If the National Championship is the ultimate goal playing that kind of schedule will provide tough challenges which puts the ultimate success within closer reach.

It is my contention that our coaching staff will intentionally call plays and put our guys in a position to lose in games which should be a cakewalk. I believe that's why we lost to Pitt and Cuse in the regular season.

The way we finished both those seasons against tougher opponents seems to support my theory. I won't say the intentionally lost those game but the put players in the position to lose and allowed them the opportunity to excel beyond what players believed they were capable of.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to E$ecPN...

Jul 15, 2018, 11:45 PM

Clemson's strength of schedule ranks 15th nationally while $CU's is around 45th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 16, 2018, 12:16 AM

I’d rather have our schedule... cause then we don’t have to play Clemson, the only team that can beat us.

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,523
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic