Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Annual DTV song and dance in progress.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 253

Annual DTV song and dance in progress.

Dec 12, 2018, 4:22 PM

Have bundled satellite TV, interwebs, and mobile on my bill. The annual yapping is usually about getting the TV part below $100, but I watched it creep up over the past 6 months because lazy. Jumped another $27 this month because something or other expired. Nope. Let Indian guy go through his spiel and look for his discounts. "Not good enough, please connect me to the cancellation dept." "Oh, sorry to hear that, hold please."

I get a nice 'Murican girl on the line and kindly 'splain why we's cancelin'. "I see you have everything bundled, and we can usually figure out some way to get these where they need to be." Yeah, you can. You can do whatever you want, ya dicks. I "yes ma'med" and "no ma'med" her to death, and she got me $46/month off my bill. Not great, and still more than I was paying 2 years ago, and 4 years ago, but man...they're good at doing JUST enough to keep me from cutting the cord and walking away. I like having channels, mayne. That probably makes me old af.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You won't miss all of the channels

Dec 12, 2018, 4:27 PM

I realized 95% of them are garbage. Drove me insane staying with my parents (Who have Dish) because the channels weren't in alphabetical order, and there were just so many of them. The way it's laid out is totally illogical. ESPN is like 200 channels away from HGTV, which is probably 150 or more channels away from Science Channel...Which I don't think I ever actually found.

You have to memorize the fugging guide to be able to get through things even half way efficiently. I think I flipped through 30 auxiliary stations that did nothing trying to find Ship Shape TV. Insanity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, yeah, I don't care about 80-90% of them, but since

Dec 12, 2018, 4:34 PM

I've had DTV for over a decade, I know exactly where the stuff I need is. I got my ESPNs and other sports channels (including the wonky SECn and FSS channels up in the 600s, for no apparent reason), and most of the stuff from 206 to 280 is usable content that I'll scan, at least. And HBO. Not giving that up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HBO app is where it's at

Dec 12, 2018, 4:43 PM

It is hard to make the leap, we did it two years ago when Dish played hard ball with me. Just know you won't regret it, but do what's in your heart

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HBO app is where it's at

Dec 12, 2018, 5:45 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AMEN! ******

Dec 12, 2018, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Well, yeah, I don't care about 80-90% of them, but since ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which Dave Tatthews Vand song and dance are you speaking

Dec 12, 2018, 4:34 PM

of?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

If anyone reading has Comcast....

Dec 12, 2018, 4:38 PM

Check the last page of this months bill. Looks for a about a 30%-40% increase next month, all in the name "improving my service". Jebus H Christ...for another $70-$90 a month, my server better dammm well get better.

I'll be going through this next month. I don't have the time nor inclination to deal with them right now, but I'll dump them in a minute.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DTV is coming out with streaming boxes early next year,

Dec 12, 2018, 5:16 PM

should replicate the satellite service, not the same as Directv Now. If the new service has the local channels, I'll get rid of the dish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For sure. Service has always been spotty in bad weather.

Dec 12, 2018, 5:31 PM

And if channels were a la carte, pricing might be better (which is why they probably won't do it).

has you looked into YoutubeTV?

Dec 12, 2018, 5:43 PM

from what I've seen/read, it's the only streaming service I'd consider, if I ever had to (right now, antenna, Hulu, Netflix, and sub-account to log into my parents full-bore Verizon FIOS offerings is perfect)

but I besides reviews of just plain better stream quality, I think youtubeTV is the only streaming service that has all the ESPNs plus FoxSports included in the base package...you can add on HBO, i think, as well as others...

Re: Annual DTV song and dance in progress.

Dec 12, 2018, 6:50 PM

19B® said:

Have bundled satellite TV, interwebs, and mobile on my bill. The annual yapping is usually about getting the TV part below $100, but I watched it creep up over the past 6 months because lazy. Jumped another $27 this month because something or other expired. Nope. Let Indian guy go through his spiel and look for his discounts. "Not good enough, please connect me to the cancellation dept." "Oh, sorry to hear that, hold please."

I get a nice 'Murican girl on the line and kindly 'splain why we's cancelin'. "I see you have everything bundled, and we can usually figure out some way to get these where they need to be." Yeah, you can. You can do whatever you want, ya dicks. I "yes ma'med" and "no ma'med" her to death, and she got me $46/month off my bill. Not great, and still more than I was paying 2 years ago, and 4 years ago, but man...they're good at doing JUST enough to keep me from cutting the cord and walking away. I like having channels, mayne. That probably makes me old af.

The most you will get is 50 off a month. DTV by far has the best user interface (even tho they made it worse with the recent update) and they have the best organization of channels. I remember having TWC for a year and it was absolute h3ll. I cringe any time I go to somewhere and have to try to use dish network or xfinity

Replies: 11
| visibility 253
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic