Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Announcers seemed to back off the criticism of Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Announcers seemed to back off the criticism of Dabo

Oct 7, 2013, 11:49 AM

going for a TD instead of a FG at the end of the 1st half after hearing his comments before the half. Basically said that "nothing good could come from kicking off after a FG w/ seconds left on the clock". Which makes perfect sense with a 35-7 lead.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have let the clock run down more. He called the

Oct 7, 2013, 11:53 AM

time out thinking it was 3rd down and we had a shot at the EZ then kicking the FG if no TD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Announcers seemed to back off the criticism of Dabo

Oct 7, 2013, 11:53 AM

If Dabo was trying to run-up the score going for a FG that would have been 99.9% of completing and not going for a TD where TB never tried to advance towards the End Zone could have been seen as trying to Run-Up the score

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After they critized him for running up the score in the 1st

Oct 7, 2013, 12:06 PM

half, they then said in the 3rd quarter that we better score some more points, after 'cuse scored and we turned it over. I thought to my self you just said we were running up the score!!!!

Oct 7, 2013, 12:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Announcers seemed to back off the criticism of Dabo ]

I was shocked we didn't kick the field goal. We had them demoralized and that one play(or lack thereof) helped them to rally during the halftime. I have always been taught to "leave a sleeping dog alone." They came out a different team in the third quarter. We needed two good defensive stands to keep them from cutting the lead to 14 points in the third quarter.

Yeah they really rallied by scoring one lone score, like...

Oct 7, 2013, 2:45 PM

they did in the first half. Cuse didn't give up, but they had no rallying point during the game, they were too far behind and overmatched by our talent. I will give the Orange credit for not quitting in a blow out, but at no point did they have a rallying point. Now, there coach tried to create one by a ridiculous and childish outburst, but in the end it made him look bad and there was no rallying point for them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Dabo...

Oct 7, 2013, 3:14 PM

But I thought it was a dumb decision. Yeah, hindsight is 20/20, but at that time, in that situation, you take the easy 3 and make it a 5-score game. It's not like the ball was on the 1. It was 4th & 5. Even if it's on the 1 I think you kick it.

Just my 2 cents.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As Sean McDonough was saying during that sequence,

Oct 7, 2013, 12:04 PM

"It's not Clemson's job to stop Clemson."

I am starting to like Sean McDonough late in the game

Oct 7, 2013, 12:09 PM

he tried to pin down Spielman on FSU or Clemson and Spielman would not commit and Sean jumped in and Said Clemson no doubt about it.

was he the one who kept saying "Clemson is Clemson", meaning

Oct 7, 2013, 2:39 PM

a force to be reckoned with??

That was Chris Spielman, not McDonough.***

Oct 7, 2013, 2:40 PM [ in reply to As Sean McDonough was saying during that sequence, ]

Oct 7, 2013, 3:49 PM

If I was a Syracuse player and our coach was mad at the opposing team trying to score just before half, I'd think he knew he was beat before the game started and had no confidence in his players to mount a comeback.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic