Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Announcers made ONE good point last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Announcers made ONE good point last night

Nov 18, 2018, 9:46 AM

When he showed TL’s throwing motion. The wind up motion that adds a half to whole second to his release. It also causes more opportunity for his throws to sail because of the added motion to his arm, compared to a straight drop back arm motion. Man! Just imagine this kid’s future when he develops an even quicker and more accurate release. Holy moly!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Don't stop there....

Nov 18, 2018, 9:49 AM

Griese also made it a point he had zero doubt that TL wouldn't make the adjustment...it's one virtually all QB's make to reach the NFL. TL is way ahead of schedule developmental-wise.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Announcers made ONE good point last night

Nov 18, 2018, 9:51 AM

Did you really just say that would “add a half to a whole second” to his delivery?

Lol out loud.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Nov 18, 2018, 11:07 AM

Message removed by Author

To be fair, I chuckled when I read that too.

Nov 18, 2018, 11:11 AM

Sorry...the sarcasm didn’t come through.

I agree, though. An interesting observation. But he’s a true freshman. He’ll only get better as our coaches work on his mechanics.

null

Reminds me of the Jon Gruden segments he’d do w/QBs

Nov 18, 2018, 9:54 AM

Say what you will about ‘Chucky’, that dude came across as one helluvan expert on coaching up QBs. Of course, he could have had a goid ‘support/production’ team helping, but still.

The show he did with Tajh was really good.

Would love to see him work with/on TL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Reminds me of the Jon Gruden segments he’d do w/QBs

Nov 18, 2018, 10:00 AM

I have one problem with that critique of TL throwing. The video shown was during warm ups and that little extra motion with the ball was part of that. I never see it during actual games or even practice.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:01 AM

And geez, the dropped passes that could have gone for scores or big gains.

Nov 18, 2018, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Reminds me of the Jon Gruden segments he’d do w/QBs ]

In slow motion or still photos, it’s obvious. It real time, it’s basically impossible to see when he’s throwing hard because his arm is moving so very quickly. I remember watching the Elite 11 show he was on going into his senior year (which is when I first heard of him and then became a huge fan of his from that point on). On that show, despite the wind up, one of the coaches tells him “boy, you got a quick release.”

Um.... some of you need to look up “sarcasm”

Nov 18, 2018, 11:06 AM

The guys were a joke. TL clearly has the quickest release I’ve ever seen at Clemson. smh

Sarcasm isn't always clear

Nov 18, 2018, 11:57 AM

Let's face it, there are some on here who are adamant about their position, despite all evidence to the contrary. You know, like 'flat earth theory' and stuff. (See...sarcasm! ;) )

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Last week or the week before they showed him having...

Nov 18, 2018, 11:32 AM

a .7 sec catch to release of the ball. In other words, the time between when the ball hits Trevor's hands and the moment of his release is .7 seconds. I haven't seen the stats but that time seems extraordinary to me.

I've discussed Trevor's throwing mechanics a few times here but I stuck mostly with the mechanics of the arm slot for horizontal location and power delivered by the legs, hip and trunk rotation. However one of the factors of power is in the wrist movement. It's that special 'snap,' on the ball at the end of the delivery of the throw.

Take another look at his throwing motion and note the way his hand turns palm to toward the rear when his arm reaches the point most to the rear and behind his body. That loosens the wrist and prepares it for the arm to present it as loose and flexible at the time the ball is released. The snap of that wrist is possible due to the fact that as the arm reaches the farthermost point behind the body the palm is facing the rear and as the hand comes across the shoulder the palm will be behind the wrist and facing the sky.

The palm is as far 'behind the throw,' as is physically possible. If all this is jibberjabber and you think I don't know what I'm talking about try throwing something with your wrist rigid.

I had an exercise for my baseball players to ensure they developed the muscle memory to pitch with a loose wrist and the palm of the hand in proper mechanical position to snap the ball upon release. I would have them throw a towel. They'd hold the towel in the middle of one long edge and throw it toward a spot on the fence.

In order to hit the spot they would be forced to use the exact mechanical form Trevor uses with his arm, wrist and hand to throw a football. As far as what Trevor was doing to make the ball sail that's another subject which has little to nothing do with his release time.

I don't recommend anyone paying any attention to talking head giving opinions on something none of them could do, never did and may never see another QB with mechanical perfection like Trevor.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic