Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 8,728

New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations

Apr 8, 2017, 4:52 PM

Spring Game: Quick Observations

A record 60,000 fans showed up in Death Valley for Clemson’s annual Orange and White Game, and they weren’t disappointed on a sun-splashed early spring afternoon. (Photo by David Grooms)
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel bad for Hunter Johnson

Apr 8, 2017, 4:56 PM

The WHOLE game.... having to pick the ball up off the ground from BAD snaps.
Never really was put in good situations.....but still only 1 bad pass.
(Johnson)

Bryant- looks the same to me, same ole same ole.
Offense has a ways to go.

Re: I feel bad for Hunter Johnson

Apr 8, 2017, 5:01 PM

Wasn't given any time. Only chance he got, read d great and dropped a dime for a td. He overthrew another good read but that comes from working with the receivers.

Hate to say but it's stout 2017.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2017, 1:30 PM

whoever the starter will be will look better behind the whole first team line. Plus they probably won't see a defense as good as ours.

Apr 9, 2017, 2:01 PM

This is just my opinion....for what ever that's worth.

But, I have a feeling Hunter is going come out on top BY MID SEASON.

Cooper

Apr 8, 2017, 4:57 PM

His final drive was impressive..... he looked in control. Bryant scares me when he has to throw.... especially on the run.

Johnson looks good but still like a freshman.

Johnson

Apr 8, 2017, 5:01 PM

was put into bad situations the WHOLE game.

teams will just stack the box

Apr 8, 2017, 4:59 PM

if bryant is the starter

He will do okay vs weak teams, bt not with a fast talented D

Apr 8, 2017, 5:06 PM

I hope he isn't the starter.

Announced crowd of 60,000?

Apr 8, 2017, 5:00 PM

Stadium holds 81,500?

I would say today's attendance was more like 45-50K
IMO.

Re: Announced crowd of 60,000?

Apr 8, 2017, 5:03 PM

About what it looked to me too. Where's all the tnetters that said they were going. Disappointed. Thought we'd get 70,000+.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2017, 5:23 PM

Disappointing when other schools (NOT SC)
are packing the stadium in.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:35 PM

Who packed their stadium that seats 81 plus K???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2017, 5:37 PM

Uga just about every year. Auburn does well too as does Michigan and osu.

Saw some of Auburn's SG on replay, they did not have more

Apr 9, 2017, 1:41 PM

fans than Clemson.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Announced crowd of 60,000? ]

UR right. Wasn't thinking about them. Just teams we compete with like uga bama auburn.etc

Apr 8, 2017, 5:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Announced crowd of 60,000? ]

Our stadium is a pill to get in and out of.

yep, I was thinking 45-50 tops too...***

Apr 8, 2017, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Announced crowd of 60,000? ]

Re: New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations

Apr 8, 2017, 5:11 PM

Came away from this game with concerns about the offense but as I told my wife, I'm not going to get worked up over a spring game. That said, I was very impressed with the defense which I think had a lot to say regarding the tone of the game and will do so in the fall. Regarding the offense I really liked the effort of Ray Ray McCloud who seems to really want to step up. With the quarterbacks, I think a lot of the issues had to do with rythmn. They rotated the quarterbacks a lot and I wonder if that had to do with a lack of rythmn and timing. With four quarterbacks they could have started the first half with two and then the second half with two and gave each quarterback some time to settle in with his weapons and the center. I know Kelly Bryant isn't everyone's favorite but I saw poise and leadership with him that I didn't see with the others and I give him the slight edge in this race based on that.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:22 PM

He got the most reps and was allowed to get into a rhythm. Hunter is the best we have but not getting any work with the 1st team. Unfortunately, I walked out with the feeling I've had all spring. We have another stout situation and I hate that because we got a D.

Just my opinion but we can win the acc with DW4, I mean Hunter starting from day 1...

Apr 8, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations ]

For some reason almost all of the snaps to Johnson were bad- hit him in the face and feet several times-didn't have but a few that were good.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations ]

Here is what every fan that was there and watched the game should come away with first and foremost. These two teams were spilt with 1s, 2s, 3s, and even some 4s on both sides of the ball. What you guys saw today, it was absolutely nothing compared to what you will see come September 9th. It will be a totally deferent look, and it won't be NOTHING like what you saw today, absolutely NOTHING!!! If we get out of Louisville with a W, we will make another run for the playoffs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^***

Apr 8, 2017, 6:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bryant the edge, really....

Apr 8, 2017, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations ]

if that's the case...only because he's a Jr.

Honestly....this is going come down to Cooper and Johnson.

Apr 8, 2017, 5:31 PM

Apparently, I was watching a different game. Hunter definitely showed a lot of promise, even with OL issues. All of the qbs had OL issues. The qb that stood out, to me, the one with poise and some good tosses was Isreal. He seemed much more consistent and actually moved the ball and had a good idea of where receivers were supposed to be. Go ahead and blow me up, but I think Isreal was the real winner today

I agree. Israel improved his chances. Bryant threw high

Apr 8, 2017, 5:41 PM

early and often. Cooper seemed to do well once he calmed down. It's obvious that Johnson is a newbie with the numerous issues with the snap timing with a man in motion. Defense is certainly going to be nasty!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 8, 2017, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Spring Game: Quick Observations ]

I don't doubt you at all, but like Chad, nobody wants to change the system for a non running QB. And if they don't want to do that, we should find a way to make a two QB system click as ONE, and don't wait to the last minute to make that decision!!! Run a 3 man back field with two being QBs ;)

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

Apr 8, 2017, 5:41 PM

Really pathetic how Clemson "fans" are so dead set on going after Bryant

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 8, 2017, 6:06 PM

The spring game proved that we have a dominant defense. The offense has some work but let's be optimistic. What style of offense are we going to run next season? If it's like the past three years, the qb has to be able to make certain throws in a game. No disrespect to Bryant, but he has been in the system for three years. Great runner but passing skills have stayed about the same. Let's hope Streater can improve those skills this fall. Hunter Johnson has all the tools but still learning the college game. Cooper can throw the ball well and been in the system longer. Tucker Israel looked good today. Which qb can beat Auburn,Louisville, and Va Tech? That's who should start the season.

Apr 8, 2017, 8:05 PM

And lets all of us pray that just bc someone has been at Clemson longer doesn't mean he will be the man that gets the nod, not unless he is without a glimmer of doubt that he is the best we have to hand the ball to!!! It wouldn't matter to me if a guy had been on the team 5 years, and the rest didn't come in until last fall. Put the ball in the hands of who ever gives us the best chance to win!!!!!!

Apr 8, 2017, 7:21 PM

I watched the Auburn spring game. They look #### good with their transfer QB. Look like us last year.

Apr 8, 2017, 7:28 PM

Keep in mind that Bama's spring game last year was a final score 7-3. And they proved to be a good team. Take only the fundamentals of the Spring game. Give them time to develop during the summer

Keep In Mind. Tiger Defense. 1 of Best In Nation.

Apr 8, 2017, 9:53 PM

I am aware they were split. But, a bunch of those guys have real time reps. The starters the Tigers defense has to replace pretty much all had backups who played a ton of minutes. With maybe MLB and Tankersley's position being exceptions. Which means all across the board the Tigers have players on defense who played significant snaps.
Sometimes early in the season the defense is ahead of the offense. With the OL pretty much settled. I would expect once the QB's settle down we have just as explosive an offense as the Tigers have had the last 6-8 years.
Whoever takes care of the football the best in combination with making the correct pre-snap read will win the job. Sounds simple but, sometimes a kid may end up timid, for fear of making a mistake. Which leads to indecision. Which leads to sacks or other mistakes. Whoever settles down and understands: " it's just football" will win the starting job. All have the talent. All are receiving excellent coaching.
Who will keep their composure?

Special teams needs to continue to be stressed. Sure it will just saying.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 8,728
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic