Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,942

Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Sep 21, 2012, 12:04 PM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag
Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions.  To submit a comment or questions please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,
In an effort to clear up my e-mail from last week about the inability of fans in the South stands to see the scoreboar

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Mickey Plyler's Blog:Friday Email Bag- amen on the Barker

Sep 21, 2012, 12:36 PM

comment but with him it is all about photo ops and US News points. Wish it was about Clemson.

There was a sign by him saying who it was. It could have even been put on the scoreboard and announced over the PA. But then it wouldn't be all about him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Mickey Plyler's Blog:Friday Email Bag- amen on the Barker

Sep 21, 2012, 12:50 PM

Really? HS! That is the most ridiculous thing in the world to worry about. Of course, I guess I am just insensitive to all of the children who are scarred for life because the tiger takes his head off once, during a blowout, in front of the student section. Good Lord, find something else to complain about. Better yet, how about quit yer b!+see h n and praise something. Next thing you know you'll be against the woo hoo, oh wait.....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Allen = English teacher??? Wow!***

Sep 21, 2012, 1:15 PM

Andy- FSU has out-recruited Clemson each of last 5 yrs.

Sep 21, 2012, 1:31 PM

You can find the Rivals class rankings here.
http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2008/all/all

Here's a comparison of the current 2-deep rosters.
http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/9/20/3355392/clemson-florida-state-2012-depth-chart-comparison

Last season, Clemson was at home and FSU was missing EJ Manuel and ~5 starters due to injuries, etc.

Re: Andy- FSU has out-recruited Clemson each of last 5 yrs.

Sep 21, 2012, 2:19 PM

sat in top deck toward the hill. Sound level from the scoreboard was painful. Saw lots of little kids holding their ears and crying. Louder is not always better

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Sep 21, 2012, 2:26 PM

Would you people lighten up about President Barker donning the Tiger mascot suit! HE WAS SHOWING THAT HE IS COMMITTED TO THE FOOTBALL PROGRAM AND THAT HE IS A FAN!! How can that be unclear?!?

If it crosses some politically correct line about warping children's minds because the Tiger's head came off, its okay! Kids are resilient...they'll get over it!

New HD screens...gotta complain about them...
Band not perfect...let's complain about that too!!!
If it is that bad of an experience, why don't you just save yourselves $50 and stay home!

John

I normally agree with Mickey but this time on The Tiger

Sep 21, 2012, 5:32 PM

do not.

1) Since when do we have to play by the same rules as Disney?

2) It hasn't been that long since I had young kids and mine were frightened of characters UNTIL I told them there was a person inside. It is one thing to tell them about Santa Claus who is a person. It is quite another to expect a child to believe a giant stuffed animal is "real".

3) The students already like Barker so I can't see a 50+ man wearing a heaving suit and doing push-ups to make himself look better - bad assertion on your part.

Re: I normally agree with Mickey but this time on The Tiger

Sep 21, 2012, 6:32 PM

agreed! i had to leave a volleyball game because my two year old was terrified of it. my 4 year old thinks its a dinosuar. would love for it take its off for them to see and end the madness already.

nope, not even close

Sep 21, 2012, 6:41 PM

Regarding 2013 - "If all players return that are eligible to do so (I know,that's a big if) Clemson will probably have the most talented team in school history."

Right off the top of my head - 1978, 1981, & 1989 teams all had more talent no matter who returns. And I'm sure I'm missing a couple others.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Re: nope, not even close

Sep 21, 2012, 10:12 PM

While we do return some great talent, the DF teams, typically, were chocked full of NFL caliber talent, especially in his hay days. I do look for 2013 to be special, but the NFL was full of DF players for a long time when he was the coach. Sadly, it has taken this long to get back to approaching that level of talent. Just sayin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure there are still a few kinks to work out on the

Sep 21, 2012, 10:21 PM

sound system, but overall it is great. It was kind of loud the first week, but much better last week. I had family in the upper deck who said it was the first time they could even hear the sound system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic