Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many Coot trolls are we going to get here today...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,566

How many Coot trolls are we going to get here today...

Apr 8, 2018, 5:02 PM

with their backhanded FGF BS about our schedule, trying to disguise it as criticism of Bryant? I've counted three already. Like anyone from the SEC Least, outside Georgia, has anybody in that conference to talk about. Come back and talk trash about the #4 team in College football when you can beat Kentucky and your super-great SEC quarterback can score on Clemson without the third-string being in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They got to talk about football...

Apr 8, 2018, 4:10 PM

Cuz their baseball season is already over.

~JKB

Re: How many Coot trolls are we going to get here today...

Apr 8, 2018, 5:34 PM

Just added a fourth!

Apr 8, 2018, 5:39 PM

Kelly Bryant can’t throw down field. Everybody with a clue knows it. Remember dabo chewing the hell out of him all 2nd half vs bama? I do. Outside of Andy teasdalls fake punt on his own vs unc, I’ve never witnessed dabo chew a player out that bad just because of performance. There is a reason for that. It’s ok though. Lawrence will start and everything will work out. If kb starts it will be because he’s improved tremendously. Either way we’re in the playoff

And on cue...

Apr 8, 2018, 5:56 PM

Remember when you posted, "Our schedule was overrated last year. Our offense struggled to score points in a lot of games. So you can disagree that maybe you think our schedule was better but you can’t disagree that we struggled to score points too often."
Toting the FGF party line about Clemson schedules is going to get you called a "Coot" around here every time. Just like complaining about our team when we finished 4th in the country in a "rebuilding year". Lawrence is still an unknown quantity. He could be the next Deshaun Watson or he could be the next Willie Korn or Michael Carr. Nothing is certain with High School superstars.

Re: And on cue...

Apr 8, 2018, 6:17 PM

I didn’t start the thread but I did agree with some of it

Yeah, with that "overrated schedule"...

Apr 8, 2018, 6:36 PM

we played 5 of the final top 25 teams. Alabama played 6(in one more game). But we both played 3 in the regular season, so our "overrated" schedule seems to match up favorably with theirs with everyone except the clowns on FGF who want to glorify their SEC proxy.

Re: Yeah, with that "overrated schedule"...

Apr 8, 2018, 6:43 PM

Dude scar finished ranked. So that alone let’s u know just because you’re ranked, you’re not good. We beat 1 really good team in auburn and a good team in Miami so I disagree that kb can’t beat a good team. He can. But teams like ncst, FSU, vt and Louisville and of course scar, weren’t as good as their ranking all year. Fsu excludes since they fell off so fast.

Apr 8, 2018, 7:12 PM

Right, and Michigan was overrated, Iowa was overrated, LSU was overrated, Miss State was overrated, Florida was overrated, Notre Dame was overrated, Southern Cal was overrated, Texas and Texas A+M were overrated, UCLA was overrated, Washington State was overrated, Texas Tech was overrated. The list goes on and on, every team in the top ten had overrated teams on their schedule. So why make it look like we benefited more than anyone else?

Apr 8, 2018, 7:28 PM

I agree with your statement and even going into the title game I thought we could beat bama because their schedule sucked. After the game though, it was obvious bama was heads and shoulders above anything else we had seen outside auburn. I don’t think we benefited anymore than anybody else did due to our schedule. We played a lot of decent teams.

Apr 8, 2018, 7:39 PM

Now we agree!

Apr 8, 2018, 7:43 PM

Honestly I don’t know why we were arguing to begin with

Dood, we had the 4th toughest schedule in the country.

Apr 9, 2018, 7:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, with that "overrated schedule"... ]

Clearly the Tnet idjit filter is broken.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Apr 9, 2018, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: How many Coot trolls are we going to get here today... ]

If you knew anything about our offense or paid attention to the game, Dabo and Streeter were upset with KB for misreading the de for Bama. On several plays the end was crashing and totally disregarding the back. On the drive before the chewing, the back would have been wide open and maybe scored if he had read the end and handed off.

I assume you are talking about the play...

Apr 9, 2018, 9:44 AM

in the third quarter where #33 crashed. I don't blame Bryant for that one. The back was too close(because #33 came in so quick and forced him closer) and it would have to be a handoff instead of a forward pass and that defensive end was already there. He could have disrupted the handoff for a fumble. He erred on the side of safety on that play because they were in field goal range in a game that was still close. The tackle should have realized he was coming too fast and chipped him to slow him down. Should he have tried the handoff? I think so because you have to take chances against a defense like Alabama. But I understand why he did not.PS He wasn't responsible for all the dropped passes(like Caine's that would have given them a first down on 3rd and 16) or the no-call on what should have been interference(the DB was holding his arm down) on Higgins in the end zone.

They have to come here now and cluck, Walrus, 'cause

Apr 8, 2018, 6:20 PM

sure won't be able to come September.

Re: They have to come here now and cluck, Walrus, 'cause

Apr 8, 2018, 7:46 PM

More importantly....not in late November.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They have to come here now and cluck, Walrus, 'cause

Apr 8, 2018, 8:10 PM [ in reply to They have to come here now and cluck, Walrus, 'cause ]

Nor in January since the wimmens bball team loses asia to the WNBA.

Apr 9, 2018, 6:26 AM

I love that we have both pro-KB coots and anti-KB coots trolling the boreds now.

(I don't actually love it.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,566
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic