Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches

May 27, 2013, 9:40 AM

Reports of Clemson commit Deshaun Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches>
Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches

Controversy seems to follow the No. 1 recruit in the state of Georgia, especially when they are committed to Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DONE DEAL!!! LET IT GO!!!***

May 27, 2013, 9:52 AM

Re: DONE DEAL!!! LET IT GO!!!***

May 27, 2013, 9:56 AM

Should have been let go when Deshaun said yesterday that he never was there. People need to back away from the ledge a bit. Although I do understand because the whole RN thing left a bitter after taste for all of us, Deshaun seems different.

RN's commitment was phony from the start….

May 27, 2013, 2:29 PM

RN was constantly contradicting himself from the time he committed. DeSean Watson has been completely consistent in his statements about being committed to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing to see here folks, keep it moving...

May 28, 2013, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: DONE DEAL!!! LET IT GO!!!*** ]

GO TIGERS!!!!!!

Re: Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches

May 27, 2013, 10:12 AM

A ridiculous situation. people need to leave him alone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches

May 27, 2013, 10:24 AM

I have no proof one way or the other, but would not be at all surprised to smell Michael Carvell at the origin of this rumor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Outside influences that know what happens when the rumors

May 27, 2013, 10:50 AM

start to fly on theses boards are afoot. And it appears to be working as I have seen multiple posts on Tnet and TigerIllustrated that call our prized recruit a liar and are now questioning his character. If you don't think that our rivals aren't going to be linking to these comments and putting them in front of Watson you are naive. This kid loves Clemson and more importantly his momma loves Clemson.Lets not give them any reason to think otherwise.

Re: Outside influences that know what happens when the rumors

May 27, 2013, 11:37 AM

this has to stop!! but IMHO most of that is c$$ts posting on Tiger boards!!they have no honor

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree 100%. The only way we as fans can effect recruiting

May 27, 2013, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Outside influences that know what happens when the rumors ]

is negatively. Those of you who cant come to grips with a high school kid not loving your school as much as you do need to quit following recruiting. Your comments are not needed. Recruiting is a game lets let those that know how its played play it and the rest of us sit back and watch.

May 27, 2013, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches ]

I wouldn't be surprised if some reporter of A?? or E??? was back on the job. They surely haven't gone away and won't until Watson signed on the dotted line or enrolled in Clemson in January. Hate it but this is only the beginning. Especially if he continue with another great record breaking or dynamic senior season.

Message was edited by: oldschtiger70®

it was 24/7 and scout, both $EC biased websites***

May 27, 2013, 2:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches ]

May 27, 2013, 10:54 AM

I think that Coach Morris is one of the best coaches ever to grace the campus at Clemson University, but that was a mistake. You've got to show the kid some trust and respect, or you worst fears will come true.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2013, 11:08 AM

(2)AMENS TO THAT! NO DOUBT, YOU GOT TO TRUST YOUR QB UNTIL YOU SEE HIS MISTAKES. HE THE PILOT OF THE OFFENSE. THEN HE CAN QUESTION FOR CORRECTIVE ACTION. NO SPECTULATION, NO DOUBT.

May 27, 2013, 2:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Reports of Watson visiting Auburn are false according to coaches ]

I think our Coaches have to follow up on him when they hear rumors, because if they are any truth in it then we need to be recruiting other QB's in this class. We can not afford to not take one this year. I am a little concerned that if Watson beats out Kelly that Kelly will transfer and we are going to be very thin on the depth charts next year. We have to get a QB this year even if it is not Watson so we will have depth going forward.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 27, 2013, 11:15 AM

Garbage like this will eventually have him reconsider his commitment. Hang in there DW! Don't listen to the media!

Dont suck the barrel just yet...

May 27, 2013, 11:38 AM

I respectfully disagree with the poster who said Chad Morris was doing the wrong thing by investigating the rumors with his HS coach. We have to be vigilant on this situation as we have the opportunity to land the best dual threat qb in the country and have him on campus before spring next year. No , making sure about this was EXACTLY what the Chad needed to do. Go TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He could've just shot a text or called Watson instead of

May 27, 2013, 12:00 PM

going thru the coach it seems to me.

Who knows... long time until January. I say let him have fun and travel around if that's what he wants to do.

It might be a dead period right now

May 27, 2013, 2:23 PM

he might not be able to call or text Watson directly.

110% on the spot***

May 27, 2013, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Dont suck the barrel just yet... ]

Bring in Inspector Clouseau.***

May 27, 2013, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Outside influences that know what happens when the rumors

May 27, 2013, 12:14 PM

I think it is you, sir, who is being naive in believing that other coaches and Deshaun read the crap on tigernet, or any other boards. This kid isn't coming to Clemson for all of us, so even if it did decommitt don't take it to heart because its his future and he should have every right to decide where he wants to be for 3 or 4 years. Even if he has committed and then decides to decommitt, I dont understand why ppl on here get so bent out of shape. I understand that it is going back on his word, but for God's sake people he's a 17 year old kid. Just because you grown men rant and rave about how much better Clemson is than everybody else doesn't mean that every kid in the nation sees it that way. I hope he comes here, if not then oh well. Clemson wouldn't shut down, football would still continue, and plus it would give all you old ######## something to gripe and complain about.

LOL... you might want to reconsider the phrase

May 27, 2013, 3:03 PM

"old b@stards" unless you are referring to those older than, say, 21. Most of the O.B.'s like myself have been counselling patience and restraint, regarding our recruits, and that advice comes from years and years of experience with our programs, as well as faith in the capabilities of our staff. Nevertheless, I really don't take offense, since I am an "old b@stard!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And if I was Deshaun, I wouldn't want this story on the Internet anyway

May 27, 2013, 12:26 PM

The quote from his coaches about never meeting Deshaun's dad or him ever being involved probably isn't something Deshaun wants as a story on a message board. Kinda stupid in my opinion tigernet. Seems like you're trying to reassure all the Clemson fans of a commitment, just to get everyone to calm down when it doesn't even matter if they are calm ab the situation or not. Grown ppl making big deals about recruiting is a pet peeve of mine because they act like a 17 year old kid controls the destiny of Clemson and controls or affects their life. Simply pitiful

Re: And if I was Deshaun, I wouldn't want this story on the Internet anyway

May 27, 2013, 9:57 PM

Agreed, think this story is simply wrong.

It's not pleasant for Watson, sort of pushes him away if anything.

All the fans really want to know is a 'did he go or not?'.

This went too far..

Going out of the way to push an 'inside scoop', but by doing so this article does more harm than good. Tell us he didn't go to Auburn and the fans move on. It's that simple.

May 28, 2013, 8:59 AM

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth that's all they told.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 28, 2013, 12:11 PM

It was ALL of the truth, and that's what I have a problem with. It's not as if Watson doesn't know about what actually happened, but to make it public was wrong in my opinion and not in Clemsons best interest.

Other schools can use this against our relationship with Watson or future players imo.

Foolish to go this far into exactly what happened.

Watson has been posting things since this was published that likely have to do with either the whole 'he went to Auburn' thing in general, or the entire background going public. Either way, not good.

I see Watson staying either way, but if it's not good for Clemson, why post it if you're someone like Tigernet? Just doesn't make sense to me.

AJC and Carvelle are behind it.***

May 27, 2013, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

24/7 is, it's founder is an $EC lover***

May 27, 2013, 2:40 PM

Hate to say it, but I told you it was BS from $EC biased...

May 27, 2013, 2:28 PM

websites. http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13925826#13925826

Great article but he is a 5 Star all day (NM)

May 27, 2013, 2:38 PM

Nm

GREAT POST and GREAT NEWS

May 27, 2013, 4:04 PM

and for all you folks getting all wired over this..

get over it.

May 27, 2013, 4:06 PM

Things like this grow a nasty set of negative teeth when a very large number of your rivals are allowed on your board acting as fans of the schools. And T-net is one of the worst of allowing things like this to grab hold!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why put the dad situation on blast?***

May 28, 2013, 2:54 PM

Uhh,I guess this thread can be deleted now?***

May 29, 2013, 3:13 PM

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic