Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Like The Pundits At ESPNU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Just Like The Pundits At ESPNU

Sep 2, 2014, 3:43 PM

said after the weekend games. "You look over at the Clemson bench and #4 was standing there while offense was on field." This is not a knock on Stoudt, but if you have the "it" factor on sideline - you play him. You just do. Coker thought he was incumbent, but Jameis had the special something you just can't coach. First game aside, it's hard to gauge everything. But CJ ran hard, d was so good in first half, Scott and Peake are playmakers, and DW needs to play - a lot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

I think he'll be a star, but I don't see how you can

Sep 2, 2014, 3:56 PM

just hand Watson the job based on one drive. Remember, he came back in later on in the game several times, and the offense stalled. It's easy to say what might have been when there's just no proof to support it. He looked good at times. Not sure if he looked better than Cole overall though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

just from eye test

Sep 2, 2014, 4:03 PM

like stoudt a lot. but you let jameis, gurley, Johnny, and guys like that play. and play a lot. he's got something you cannot coach

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

The eye test? Because of a couple plays in one game?

Sep 2, 2014, 4:39 PM

Sorry, but that's not enough for me.

Unless you have seen this "it" factor in practice, in the meeting rooms, etc.

Have you?

I'm not knocking the guy, but the amount of people on here that are just like "OK START HIM NOW NO QUESTIONS ASKED" based on a couple plays is laughable.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: The eye test? Because of a couple plays in one game?

Sep 2, 2014, 4:42 PM

yes - you play him. period. starting is just a word. he should get half the reps. wonder what would have happened if fsu or Texas a&m had said, nah, let's go with what we got

Well, first, I didn't say that he shouldn't play at all.

Sep 2, 2014, 4:46 PM

But a lot of folks on here are ready to bench Cole based on one drive in one game. I am sorry, but months and months of practice and meetings go into preparing these players for the season. I agree that Watson is a star in the making. I think he's going to be great. My point is that maybe we should leave that to the professional coaches to plan rather than the armchair quarterbacks.

Re: The eye test? Because of a couple plays in one game?

Sep 2, 2014, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: The eye test? Because of a couple plays in one game? ]

So true .. He has got to be on the field more

You do realize those guys both redshirted right?***

Sep 2, 2014, 7:37 PM [ in reply to Re: The eye test? Because of a couple plays in one game? ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You do realize those guys both redshirted right?***

Sep 2, 2014, 7:42 PM

you do realize counting the redshirt, there's only 4 months difference between Watson and Winston in each other's respective programs, right?

IMO, the early enrollment makes up and equals for some of that time someone who didn't start until August gets in a redshirt year...8 months in program before they play vs 12, so you're really only looking at 4 months of difference (which yeah, could still help them more, but it's not as drastic as comparing a red-shirt to a Fall enrolled athlete).

Yea but that 4 months also includes an entire FB season.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:48 PM

Coming in early for a few weeks of spring practice while helpful certainly is not the same as living through an entire season of college football as a member of the team.

Anyway those guys were both Heisman winners and both were in street clothes their first year on campus

Message was edited by: TigerStyle13®

Someone thinks too highly of Colin Cowherd***

Sep 2, 2014, 7:20 PM [ in reply to just from eye test ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he'll be a star, but I don't see how you can

Sep 2, 2014, 4:09 PM [ in reply to I think he'll be a star, but I don't see how you can ]

just a note though, you can't count that second drive he was in, seeing the O-Line was caving in by that point, leaving him without protection...Stoudt should have been the guy in taking the punishment they had inflicted on themselves, not Watson...if they wanted Watson in, they should have done it well before the game was out of hand..

No, you can't have it both ways.

Sep 2, 2014, 4:50 PM

That's absurd. You can't say OH I WANT WATSON TO START BASED ON THAT SCORING DRIVE and then at the same be like OH NO Y'ALL CAN'T COUNT THAT DRIVE WHERE HE WAS PRESSURED!

That makes zero sense, and frankly I am shocked that two people gave this a thumbs up.

Re: No, you can't have it both ways.

Sep 2, 2014, 7:04 PM

Actually, you kinda can....otherwise, why do you want Cole in and think Deshaun shouldn't get more playing time? He sure didn't look as poised and confident in the pocket more than Deshaun did (pressure or not, not saying he was bad, but Watson just had a confidence you didn't see as much in Stoudt, even in the pressure). In the same situation after the entire team was down, the line was giving up, and the play calls kept stinking, it'd have been Cole in the ground just the same (so it's really not reflective of Deshaun's capability when he's put in after what felt like 30 3 and out's, GA pinning their ears back and coming in hot every play because we kept running over and over..and over...and over...) Just curious, are you saying you really think that if after his first set (the TD), if he had been given the reigns to play the next series too and mounted a game where we were ahead and had not gone that many 3 and outs that you still think that would have happened?

Two TU. You do realize that slumdog and Class09 are on

Sep 2, 2014, 8:25 PM [ in reply to No, you can't have it both ways. ]

the board?

And don't forget the atrocious play calling...***

Sep 2, 2014, 4:14 PM [ in reply to I think he'll be a star, but I don't see how you can ]

Re: And don't forget the atrocious play calling...***

Sep 2, 2014, 5:23 PM

And the unfair field position ..,

Re: I think he'll be a star, but I don't see how you can

Sep 2, 2014, 4:17 PM [ in reply to I think he'll be a star, but I don't see how you can ]

Out coaches are too scripted at times and have a hard time adjusting on the fly. The moment DW did what he did you put him back in there one more series. If he screwed it up, in comes Stoudt. I had a feeling DW was not going to give up the gig and shocked the coaches sat him. Poor in game adjustment.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re:You can't listen ESPN pundits. The had SC ranked 9th and

Sep 2, 2014, 4:28 PM

Clemson 16th Neither one was or is now a top 25 team.

Re:You can't listen ESPN pundits. The had SC ranked 9th and

Sep 2, 2014, 5:06 PM

We are top 25 for sure just not top 10 ... Geez we just needed one spark and couldn't get it Saturday night . Sorry but guys they were dang good ... And so were we.don't let the 4th quarter lead you to a different feel about our great guys they wanted that game too . They will bust there butts to get better you know it .

I don't know if he would have made the difference, but

Sep 2, 2014, 5:34 PM

I do know you must make the secondary respect your passing game if you don't have a powerful O line and a stud running back. If GA's defense doesn't respect the pass, they can, and did, stack the box.

GA's game strategy is clear in hindsight. Save Gurley until the 2nd half. Simple, and it worked.

Jameis had a RS year....if we could have afforded to do so,

Sep 2, 2014, 7:20 PM

I think we would have maybe done the same with Watson. A year of knowledge and acclimation can do wonders instead of baptizing him with fire...

Re: Jameis had a RS year....if we could have afforded to do so,

Sep 2, 2014, 7:26 PM

just to keep things in perspective, he's been on the team for 8 months.....comparing to Winston, I believe he signed on National Signing Day, putting him in Fl State in 2012 in August (in the Fall), so he had 12...so 4 months is only the difference between time in the program vs last year's Heisman and NC Title winner.

Re: Jameis had a RS year....if we could have afforded to do so,

Sep 2, 2014, 8:35 PM

During his redshirt year, Winston also traveled to every away game. Just that is a lot of experience

Exactly. A full season of meeting, practice and the coaches

Sep 2, 2014, 8:28 PM [ in reply to Jameis had a RS year....if we could have afforded to do so, ]

being able to work with you every week. Weird that someone thinks a redshirt year doesn't count.

Watson overthrew his open receiver on 3rd down when he had

Sep 2, 2014, 7:45 PM

the chance to make something happen and perhaps take over the reins. If he gets the first down there and moves the team, he probably stays in the game. But, he didn't.

So --- His first series was magnificent ... his next one, not so much.

While I totally agree that Watson should be given more opportunities, I think he let a big one slip by the other night.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic