Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And United Blue it
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 329

And United Blue it

Mar 14, 2017, 8:42 AM

Few thoughts from the CFC/ManU FA cup quarter yestiddy:

*ManU had zero answer for Hazard. Other than to kick him. Over. And over. And over. And over again. Not sure how I feel about the red over such a petty foul, but at the same time they were fairly warned about the repeated fouling and chose to test the ref. If not for the kicking and the red, EH looked to be on his way to dominating the match and I think CFC gets the result regardless.

*ManU played as well as they could. They are a strong group even though they are a few missing pieces from being a top 2 EPL team right now. TRDJ LOVED Rashford's work ethic yesterday. Boy worked his brains out. I also thought that Valencia and Darmian were really good defensively despite getting run at all day long by world class wingers.

*Reduced to 10, ManU simply could not play out of the back and were pinned in. Rashford despite his relentless work rate simply could not be correctly positioned for every ball being cleared. The 60 yard width was too much to cover alone. That and ManU chose to not even try to play possession from the back with 10...rather they just played direct long balls out.

*Diego is a fugging nutcase. While he was not at his finest quality (at least in terms of finishing), he found a way to impact the game by going Rodman 2.0. Love it.

*If not for De Gea's 2 world class saves early on, this one could have gotten way out of hand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree.

Mar 14, 2017, 8:55 AM

United should have never bought Pan-Am, but rather should have bought TWA before American Airlines could get their hands on it.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and also missed out on that little jewel, Piedmont***

Mar 14, 2017, 9:06 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best part about the match

Mar 14, 2017, 9:05 AM

"You're not special anymore" chants coming from the East Lower.

And the fact that Mou is in total meltdown mode.

Costa needs to find his form again. He hasnt really been the same in 2017 as he was in 2016. Dude got fat off of Christmas dinners.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Jose Jose'd and asked for all the treatment he got

Mar 14, 2017, 9:22 AM

You are right on Costa but he will deliver when needed. Strikers tend to be streaky and lazy, and I think they are actually born that way. Wired differently than most.

Re: And United Blue it

Mar 14, 2017, 9:47 AM

I think the match was robbed of quality by a poor referring decision to be honest. The treatment of Jose, a man who made your club relevant in England, was pretty disgusting. The whole reason you guys are enjoying this recent success is because of him and the foundation Jose built. The man won you 3 of your 4 Premier League titles. You should have a statue of him out front, not telling him to #### off.

I agree with most of what you are saying

Mar 14, 2017, 9:54 AM

about Jose. But let's face it....easy come, easy go. If he were more of the mold of SAF where he was a classy guy that was there for a long time, I would totally agree with the treatment by fans. But to win and dash, the to win and immediately take the squad to the brink of relegation? All while being an #######, blaming players, throwing the team dr under the bus, etc? He asks for it, he gets it. CFC fans I think are still enamored with him but chose to give it to him in the moment yesterday.

How was the refereeing decision poor given the build up? The actual foul that led to the red was I agree soft. Very soft. But IMO the ref was correct in that he HAD to stop the kicking at Hazard. He warned them properly, they didn't listen. So in total context it had to be done.

If anything I hate seeing a team reduced to 10 that early in any match. But I think that was a decision United made, not so much the ref.

Meant "disagree" with Jose's treatment if he were

Mar 14, 2017, 9:55 AM

more like SAF.

Replies: 7
| visibility 329
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic