Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An underrated factor in South Carolina's problems.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 3,080

An underrated factor in South Carolina's problems.

Sep 23, 2015, 3:53 PM

Well it's a VERY well-known problem in Quarterback play but Spurrier's decision not to recruit Mason Rudolph with reckless abandon made no sense to me, a Clemson fan. Mason Rudolph, a 4-star gunslinging quarterback from gamecock country in Rock Hill of all places. In my opinion he could've pushed Dylan Thompson last year as well as been the unquestioned best QB on that roster this year. He seemed like the quintessential Spurrier QB to me, but I guess not. Mitch just doesn't have it, Orth is a pretty cool story but you aren't going to win many games in the SEC with him as your QB because the defense can't stop the run or pass, Nunez is a decent running threat but that's about it from what we've seen so far. The kid looked like he was running for his life against UGA. He's probably the third biggest running threat we'll see all season anyway. I put him behind Thomas from GT and Jackson from Louisville, thank God Petrino is an idiot and didn't play him much. I expect Nunez to be the QB in November.

He's doing pretty well at Oklahoma State, which is good to see. He threw six touchdowns last year as a true freshman in only three starts and already has five touchdowns this year. That to me is an underrated factor as to why they suck. It would drive me crazy if I were a gamecock fan to see that QB is obviously abysmal but it all could've been corrected if Spurrier or Mangus or whoever called the kid a couple of more times. Big time miss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An underrated factor in South Carolina's problems.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:10 PM

Why are you obsessed with SCar? Who cares about Slurrier and co... We play in the ACC, not the SEC. Think about those ### clowns in November.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:15 PM

Seems like you are putting way too much thought into usuc....why?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

he's got a good point.***

Sep 23, 2015, 4:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

it's not like he's created the first post about USuCk on this site...

Sep 23, 2015, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Re: An underrated factor in South Carolina's problems. ]

if you didn't want to hear about USuCk then why did you read it?

Re: it's not like he's created the first post about USuCk on this site...

Sep 23, 2015, 9:24 PM

Epidummy at it again...

If you didn't like my response why respond to it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

100% agree. In fact, i think it pretty much epitomizes SCARs

Sep 23, 2015, 4:16 PM

struggles. This guy could have easily been next in the Rock Hill pipeline to Columbia. Instead they let him go OOS to Oklahoma State where his first start was on the Road at Oklahoma and he lead them to a comeback victory.

Personally, I think Oklahoma State will shock a lot of folks and win the Big 12. They have the best defense in the Big 12 and play Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma all at home this year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Smells pretty cootish if you ask me, a Tiger fan.

Sep 23, 2015, 4:22 PM

Thank god Petrino didn't play Jackson more? 19 yards total running the ball. I'm sure he had his reasons.

What a dumb post. Who cares about SC?

TIGER BALLS.

Jackson is a gifted athlete

Sep 23, 2015, 8:32 PM

and I think you're selling him short. He's the only the reason why the Louisville/Auburn game was close. He had 16 carries for 106 and a touchdown. We shut him down in his limited action but he's going to be someone to watch over the years. The kid can run.

Sep 23, 2015, 6:20 PM

I agree with most of the OP's post, however, I see a bigger problem for USUC. You even mentioned it yourself when you said "The kid looked like he was running for his life against UGA". ANY QB for USUC is going to be doing the same against good D's. Their problem probably has more to do with USUC's OLine than their QB. That is probably the reason Conner Mitch got hurt - lack of protection. It ain't over yet.

Replies: 9
| visibility 3,080
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic