Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
An outsider's thoughts about Foreman's decommittment.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

An outsider's thoughts about Foreman's decommittment.

Apr 21, 2020, 5:53 PM

Good for him. Good for Dabo.

We are living in the era where the normal high school kid who "commits" to a school is really saying, "Hold a 'ship for me. If I don't change my mind, I'll come."

Dabo is in the position where he can say, "I'm not playing that game. If you're not committed, you're not committed."

The kid wants to take visits to other schools. Good for him. That's his right. But, he's not committed to Clemson. He knows that. Dabo knows that.

Dabo is using the same philosophy that Bobby Bowden used in the 90's. "You're not committed if you are still taking visits." Back then recruiting gurus called it "secret commits." Bobby historically "closed great on signing days" because of those "secret commits." In reality, FSU was "the leading school" as long as they were taking visits.

Not every school can play hardball with recruits. Dabo can. "We are recruiting 1 person at this position. We have offered you. Until you commit, we will continue recruiting. Once you commit to us, we commit to you. We will quit recruiting you, and you will quit visiting other schools. If we offer that ship to someone else and they commit, then we will let you know that you no longer have an offer. We won't continue to recruit you just in case the other guy changes his mind. Words mean things. "Committment" means something - to both us us. We will be honest with you. We expect you to be honest with us."

My prediction: Foreman will take his visits, call Dabo and say, "I'd like to come to Clemson. Is the offer still available?"

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: An outsider's thoughts about Foreman's decommittment.

Apr 21, 2020, 6:29 PM

What doesn’t make sense is the transparency. Dabo and crew are very clear about this condition for commitment. Maybe it occurred to him after the fact, but I can’t help but think that is not the case.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2020, 6:38 PM

Can’t it be as simple as he changed his mind? Maybe he felt he was 100% sure before and didn’t need to take other visits, but now he’s more like 90% sure and wants to take other visits to make sure he’s 100% sure before making a final choice?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course he could’ve just changed his mind.

Apr 21, 2020, 6:54 PM

But in that case, have the courtesy of telling the coach you’ve committed to that you are decommitting because you want to take some other visits. And do that first before posting crap on social media.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

The article says he told Dabo “earlier “

Apr 21, 2020, 7:01 PM

but I am not sure how much earlier- could have been before the posted “crap”

It could’ve, in which case my post would be wrong.

Apr 21, 2020, 7:57 PM

Looks like I should’ve read the article more closely!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: The article says he told Dabo “earlier “

Apr 22, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to The article says he told Dabo “earlier “ ]

clover65® said:

but I am not sure how much earlier- could have been before the posted “crap”

I got the same understanding, he had been communicating with the staff. However, he didn’t like what he was hearing even though that’s exactly what they told him would be the situation if he changed his mind. So he vents on social media. I’ll chalk it up for youth/maturity. Second, I’m cutting players slack after the upheaval of this lockdown. We are in a different world right now and it’s not surprising a California kid could be re-evaluating his decision for the next few years. I do hope Clemson has room for him if he decides to take an official to Clemson and rekindles the desire to come here.

Apr 21, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: An outsider's thoughts about Foreman's decommittment. ]

Little late now 03.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 21, 2020, 7:54 PM

Bold policy by Dabo and the right policy. Respect given.

Apr 22, 2020, 3:32 AM [ in reply to Re: An outsider's thoughts about Foreman's decommittment. ]

Absolutely not bc he was advised of how Dabo feels about commitment, and I'm absolutely positive that Dabo told Foreman that before he committed. I would bet anybody that Dabo told Foreman that if he felt he needed to take other visits to do so, and that he would hold that spot for a certain amount of time before he offered it to another DE. Let him go, Clemson can and will championships without him. Foreman would have been an elite special talent for Clemson, but it was Foreman that back out of the deal that he and Dabo had already made!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again you make sense.

Apr 21, 2020, 7:56 PM

Are you sure you're a Seminole and not a Tiger?

Re: Once again you make sense.

Apr 21, 2020, 8:15 PM

Being tutored by the master, Bobby Bowden, for over 30 years in how to build and run a successful program - recruiting included - it's a lot easier to at least occassionally make sense. :)

Apr 21, 2020, 7:57 PM

Its really simple. This virus made him think about distance from home.

Apr 22, 2020, 2:21 AM

That was my first thought.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Apr 22, 2020, 10:15 PM

Oh good grief. Both of you libs

Your correct.

Apr 21, 2020, 9:38 PM

Don't really see why the hoopla - we be good. Spot the dang ball. Please....lets play ball.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 5:07 AM

Yeah I agree with you, but I don’t think Dabo plays games either. If you want to play poker, I don’t think I’d play with Dabo.

I agree on the philosophy, but

Apr 22, 2020, 7:42 AM

This happened on the same day
https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/4-star-DE-announces-Clemson-offer-35374

Re: I agree on the philosophy, but

Apr 22, 2020, 9:28 AM

Understand but once Foreman decommitted, that opened up the door for Dabo to start dating again. If KF doesn't like it, well, it was he that decided to look elsewhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly

Apr 22, 2020, 6:26 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/story/States-top-defensive-end-hearing-from-Clemson-18750

https://www.tigernet.com/update/recruiting/Elite-DE-picks-up-Clemson-offer-35387

Apr 22, 2020, 9:05 AM

I know it isn't the same, but we went on 5 official visits with my daughter (track and field). They are terrific and had a great time at each. Our deal with her was, take all your visits, be up from with each coach as to who else you're visiting. If you want to commit, commit, but we will not take anymore visits. I understand the draw of the ov, you are the center of the world, and are treated like royalty for 48 hours, I can see why Milton Freidman wants to do the other visits, but either he doesn't believe Dabo, or is very short sighted. We will win with him or without him.

I agree with everything in your poast except the last line.

Apr 22, 2020, 6:41 PM

I believe Dabo makes the phone call to him to tell him he no longer has an offer, because another young man actually made a firm commitment to Clemson and took his spot. Sooner or later, these kids will learn that Dabo says what he means, and means what he says. That transparency is why we are recruiting at such a high level. Most kids want to be told the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2020, 7:12 PM

He better make up his mind pretty frigging soon because his spot will be already filled with ANOTHER highly rated DE WHO will be ALL IN ......that ship will have already sailed......it will be too late jack......Go Tigers!!!!!!

Apr 22, 2020, 10:10 PM

Next man up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic