Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth."
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

"American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth."

Jul 19, 2016, 5:57 AM

Most definately not a statement ever uttered by Michelle Obama.

We all know Melania didn't lift that one from any previous Michelle oriniginales, eh lefties. Hehe

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth."

Jul 19, 2016, 7:12 AM

pretty simple really. do we want melania trump or bill clinton as our next first lady. seems a no brainer to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 8:24 AM

^^^ I know which one the Interns would choose. You're making them nervous talking about Bill getting back into the Whitehouse. There is just something evil about that thought that chills your spine.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reason Michelle Obama has never said it is because

Jul 20, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to Re: "American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth." ]

she has a Harvard JD and knows the difference between a privilege and a right, unlike you Trumpian glue-sniffing mouthbreathers.

Mrs. Trump had the "right" to be a US Citizen? Interesting.***

Jul 21, 2016, 1:11 PM

Re: Mrs. Trump had the "right" to be a US Citizen? Interesting.***

Jul 21, 2016, 1:35 PM

Upon marrying Donald that right was conferred upon her

Jul 19, 2016, 7:18 AM

Isn't that what they teach them to say in Russian mail order bride school?

Jul 19, 2016, 7:20 AM

"[T]o be a citizen of this country is an incredible blessing. ...I want to once again congratulate you on this important honor, this extraordinary honor." Michelle Obama, remarks at a naturalization ceremony, 6.18.2014

an incredible blessing and

Jul 19, 2016, 8:08 AM

the greatest privilege on earth are two different things. We get incredible blessings all the time.

splitting hairs

Jul 19, 2016, 1:45 PM

I am merely refuting the original post's implied claim that Michelle Obama has never said anything good about being an American citizen. It wasn't meant to be a word-for-word match.

You're right

Jul 21, 2016, 9:44 AM [ in reply to an incredible blessing and ]

one comes off as humble, and one comes of as pompous and conceited

Haters Gonna Hate...

Jul 19, 2016, 8:25 AM

Works both ways.

"What difference Does it make!"

Jul 19, 2016, 8:34 AM

HC on Bengazi deaths

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you expect from a glamorpop show wife?

Jul 19, 2016, 8:32 AM

I dare say the donster didn't marry her for her sat scores.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

well, she does speak 5 languages. Y tu?***

Jul 21, 2016, 8:48 AM

Re: well, she does speak 5 languages. Y tu?***

Jul 21, 2016, 9:38 AM

Very impressive . English must be her 5th .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nice ######### response. Complement and insult at the same time.

Jul 21, 2016, 12:52 PM

She probably has a better grasp of the English language than you.

"Russia is not sending their best. They're sending rapists,

Jul 19, 2016, 8:57 AM

thieves, plagiarizers..."

Looks like the kids threw Step Mom Melania under the bus! Paul Manafort is piling on in the press. Morning Joe reporting marriage is on the rocks!

What a display of managerial expertise!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 19, 2016, 11:53 AM

> Most definately not a statement ever uttered by
> Michelle Obama.
>
> We all know Melania didn't lift that one from any
> previous Michelle oriniginales, eh lefties. Hehe

No offense guy, but this invective is old...Michelle Obama will be out in January, get over it already. I've always found her a remarkably well-spoken and intelligent woman, pretty close to a Condaleeza Rice, who I also respect a lot.

The fact remains, if you make an objective accounting of the Obama policies, the Obama administration is about as middle-of-the-road (and boring) an administration as there's been in the last 50 years...he's sided with Big Oil at times against the environmentalists, he's increased the NSA fivefold, he did not exactly close up shop in Guantanamo Bay, and his incessant drone strikes - little remarked-upon here stateside - have driven the rest of the world to distraction because they see it as Imperialist America using their technology to declare push-button PlayStation warfare on people who can't fight back. If you listen to the Far Left, they're pretty much wringing their hands at how "deceptively right-wing" Obama has been and they describe him as a "disappointment" and decry opportunities lost. They thought they were getting a reformer, what they got was one of the most measured, deliberate moderates in presidential history.

Obviously you can't please everybody, especially in politics, but geeze, peoples. For durn sure know what real leftism is, if you're so against it...and know what it isn't. Have a conversation with a real leftist from Berkeley or NYU sometime, and Obama will start looking like the slightly left-leaning moderate he is real quick.

The Clintons were well to the left of Obama; Hillary's track record suggests she's well left of Bill. The Clintons will also bring an undercurrent of dirty - even shady - politics that was completely absent in the Obama administration...and again, the difference is going to show up real quick if the Clintons take up residence again. Cigars in inappropriate orifices, dead state troopers and witnesses, and missing money and e-mails seem to follow the Clintons everywhere they go; they're like the Sopranos, just in politics. In contrast the Obamas seem like Boy Scouts.

The Obamas kind of remind me of a good referee in a sports match; you barely notice they exist, most of the time. Isn't that what we want from politicians? The second they start doing stuff, bad stuff tends to happen. Whether Trump or Hillary, our next prez is likely going to be active...which historically has meant Train Wreck for America.

I suspect we might all miss Obama more than we realize, once he's gone. He's been boring, peoples. And I suspect Interesting Times are coming...kinda like the old Chinese curse.

Jul 19, 2016, 1:09 PM

I agree. Why do we have to be hating on the First Lady? Did people attack Laura Bush for getting us into Iraq? If some crazy did they were wrong for it because she seems like a very nice lady.

I am proud of the way Mrs. Obama has represented our country.

So you're proud of a First Lady

Jul 19, 2016, 10:55 PM

That says "She's ashamed to be an American "

That really reflects well

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Re: So you're proud of a First Lady

Jul 20, 2016, 10:47 PM

Please show me where she said she was "ashamed to be an American."

I believe this is what you are referencing:

“For the first time in my adult lifetime, I’m really proud of my country … not just because Barack has done well, but because I think people are hungry for change,” she said. “I have been desperate to see our country moving in that direction and just not feeling so alone in my frustration and disappointment.”

Really doesn't reflect well to make up quotes and attribute them to our country's First Lady.

@ Quozzel...

Jul 19, 2016, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Re: "American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth." ]

I wish I could like this post 100 times

Jul 19, 2016, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: "American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth." ]

Thoughtful, reasoned out, and rational. Amazing.

yep

Jul 19, 2016, 1:54 PM

seems shocking anyone could say anything poor about the woman. she's been remarkable. and bill will be excellent

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: yep

Jul 20, 2016, 8:28 AM

"...and bill will be excellent " - Oh no you didn't. Your keyboard probably puked when you typed that. Doing a C&P made me nervous as I don't tend to abuse my keyboard that way.

No way in heII am I going to miss

Jul 21, 2016, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: "American citizenship is the greatest privilege on planet Earth." ]

Obama

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

"to be a citizen of this country is an incredible blessing"

Jul 20, 2016, 9:35 AM

-Michelle Obama

It's on YouTube if you need to see it:
https://youtu.be/h9GwdKBagik

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2016, 6:13 PM

She found privilege alright , and all she had to do was copulate with a billionaire who hates women to secure it .

DB23

Jul 21, 2016, 10:04 AM

DB23

Jul 21, 2016, 12:49 PM

I thought this forum was about Clemson Football.

Jul 21, 2016, 1:17 PM

Tigernet is either embarrassingly poorly moderated or not moderated at all. Nobody enforces the rules so no one follows them.

Jul 21, 2016, 1:30 PM

They only ban you if you are a paying customer and say something mean to chicken fans.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Jul 21, 2016, 12:52 PM

93 in the house time to straighten this place out its gone to hell

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic