Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The main reason the COVID will continue to spread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

The main reason the COVID will continue to spread

Mar 27, 2020, 2:19 PM

is that people are not listening and not adhering to isolation and social distancing. Americans are still traveling and doing whatever they please.
Just saw on local news that a plane filled with people from the Northeast landed in Myrtle Beach. They’re wanting to “get away” from the urban, densely populated areas up North. So, they bring they’re selfish ##### down here.
My daughter received an email from her RA at Clemson, sent out to everyone on her floor. Evidently there are still a few students in the dorms. They came back from Spring Break, and aren’t supposed to be there. The RA was giving them a warning to move out ASAP, or be removed.
This virus will spread and prolong all of this, as long as we have clueless idiots in our society.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s because if your a healthy adult under the age of

Mar 27, 2020, 2:46 PM

80 your risk is minuscule, if you have a compromised immune system and are elderly or if you have a new child under six months you’re at risk. The truth is the standard flu which kills most of the people have died from this.

Re: It’s because if your a healthy adult under the age of

Mar 27, 2020, 6:46 PM

How hard is it to understand that's not the point. If everyone gets it at once, hospitals will be over run with serious cases. Suddenly, the car accident you have that would be serious becomes fatal because there are no beds in icu. The issue isn't just the mortality of covid, but the fact that our health system can't come close to keeping up if we don't practice social distancing, quarantine ourselves, and keep the new cases from spreading all at once.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen! Cannot wait to get back to the car accidents and head trauma s

Mar 28, 2020, 3:40 AM

from a fall at Walmart on coumadin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Amen! Cannot wait to get back to the car accidents and head trauma s

Mar 29, 2020, 9:08 AM

That’s very morbid, but very true, and made me laugh

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Mar 28, 2020, 5:07 AM [ in reply to It’s because if your a healthy adult under the age of ]

An otherwise healthy 39 year old DJ in Tampa passed away this week. A 50 year old coworker of mine in excellent health was so sick he thought we was going to die. This is effecting lots of younger people as well.

You are part of the problem***

Mar 29, 2020, 6:16 AM [ in reply to It’s because if your a healthy adult under the age of ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Mar 29, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to It’s because if your a healthy adult under the age of ]

Check again. Half the people in our country who have died from this are under the age of 44.

Re: The main reason the COVID will continue to spread

Mar 27, 2020, 2:46 PM

You are absolutely correct. I had to make a mad dash into the grocery yesterday for some essentials. I kept my distance and had gloves a mask on but nobody else did. People were getting into each others face and hugging, etc. I told the millennial cashier she needed to have some protection on because of the large number of people she comes into contact with each day. She looked at me and said "Why" ? I just shook my head in disbelief. This thing will not go away soon because of stupid people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2020, 4:09 PM

meanwhile in Clemson, I'm seeing plenty of people wearing masks, nobody is hugging, the Ingles cashier had on the medical-procedure gloves. I guess a university town tends to produce a population that believes science actually works.

Mar 27, 2020, 2:48 PM

Isn't Horry County now taken over as the number 1 county with cases. I know others with good measure point out USA is open and free but it comes to a point, you have to make people do for the greater good.

Should have immediately locked down the country and explained why. They also should have planned with the grocery stores to limit stock from the go and before any announcements were made.jmho

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2020, 3:02 PM

Haven’t looked at recent numbers, but Myrtle Beach has closed bars, restaurants, and hotels have closed and cancelled reservations, But people are still coming to stay in their condos and homes.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The main reason the COVID will continue to spread ]

Around 10am news on the radio said Kershaw Co. still had the most. Darlington leads the Pee Dee area which surprises me as I thought it would be Florence for sure. Mainly due to population density.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Mar 28, 2020, 3:42 AM [ in reply to Re: The main reason the COVID will continue to spread ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Not sure about those particular students, and I'd hope the

Mar 27, 2020, 2:48 PM

RA would know, but some students were able to apply to stay in the dorms instead of returning home. I believe this was more meant for international students or students who are from high-risk areas. Students had to apply for this, and not all of them received the okay.

Just as additional info

Clemson

Re: Not sure about those particular students, and I'd hope the

Mar 27, 2020, 2:58 PM

Yes, some students were able to stay due to extenuating circumstances. They have to have approval from the University. The RA specified that these students were not supposed to be there, and did not have permission from Clemson to be there.

Re: Not sure about those particular students, and I'd hope the

Mar 28, 2020, 5:24 AM [ in reply to Not sure about those particular students, and I'd hope the ]

Not only that but the dorms are a much safer place than some kid's homes. You realize some under privileged kids do get schollies and to go home to drug using siblings or alcoholic parents who don't listen to mandates, maybe their quarantined dorm room is much safer? Sometimes there are less fortunate people in college and obviously paying for hotel is not an option. Just saying.

Mar 27, 2020, 2:49 PM

Well technically social distancing and isolation is what prolongs the virus. Letting it run it's course is the faster of the 2 options. The more time passes and the more we learn we find that this virus is not near as deadly as they first reported. We reacted to the figure 2 and a half million Americans dying. Well that isn't even close. Still something to figure out and people with underlying issues and the elderly really need to take heed. They're the ones who should be sheltering and isolating. Let the rest of us get back to it.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:16 PM

The reason for the social distancing is to flatten the curve, so that the health care system isn’t overwhelmed all at one time. The doctors, nurses, and medical staff are human and can only take so much coming at them. The longer we use measures to buy time in order for medications, medical equipment to be distributed, and vaccines to be researched, the better. “The rest of us” also have elderly parents, grandparents, and small children that we have to go home to.

Mar 28, 2020, 4:12 PM

don't forget that EMS, doctors, nurses, also get this thing. Even if it doesn't kill them, it takes them out of action for sometimes 3 weeks. That's 3 weeks that a pandemic is spreading, and that people having heart attacks, diabetic reactions, broken limbs, etc., suddenly don't have anyone to take them to hospital, or give them the electric paddles.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: The main reason the COVID will continue to spread ]

If it would be allowed to run it's course there would be a huge surge in those infected. The measures being adopted is to help prevent this surge. Our hospitals and health facilities and personnel in some places are currently overtaxed. New York City is a prime example.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach Joe

Mar 27, 2020, 6:34 PM

Re: Preach Joe

Mar 27, 2020, 11:53 PM

There seems to be a lot of morons on here lately! Whoever TDs Joe should be banned from TigerNet!

a lot of people don't know about underlying issues

Mar 27, 2020, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The main reason the COVID will continue to spread ]

until something like this triggers them. this guy was not unfit, inactive, nor dealing with any pre-existing conditions that I am aware of... I don't know him, but I do know members of his family. Nothing hits home until it hits your home...
https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronavirus/wayne-county-sheriffs-commander-donafay-collins-dies-of-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR0D9mRbEt8xBcvACTr-ZdActUOJ4LMGnDd-Geh3fDVwt37Ww3uogSX9U6E

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People don't like being told what to do...

Mar 27, 2020, 3:10 PM

and won't follow recommendations even though doing so is in their best interest, which is why the government is going to ultimately impose a shelter in place mandate and just basically shut everything down for three or four weeks.

It's akin to driving a car without wearing a seat belt or riding a motorcycle without a helmet. Left to their own devices, the vast majority of people wouldn't do it even though it's absolutely in their best interest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: People don't like being told what to do...

Mar 29, 2020, 7:57 AM

You can't just shut everything down for 3 to 4 weeks. There are entities in this country that are required for the machine to run no matter what. We have to have food, power, money and essentials for living. I work in the power industry and have to go to Alabama next week for an outage that will last a month. I have to have a hotel to stay in and food to eat. Luckily I can drive. I'm one of thousands that work in this industry and without us when you flip a switch you're lights won't come on.

The Dems fighting the use of a drug that has cured everyone

Mar 27, 2020, 3:21 PM

that has been prescribed is why the virus is still spreading. Shout your political BS all you want, the UNDENIABLE FACT is, everyone that's been prescribed a drug that OUR soldiers have been taking for 80 years has recovered.

Re: The Dems fighting the use of a drug that has cured everyone

Mar 27, 2020, 3:28 PM

That is utter hogwash. Please post a link to support your paranoid baffunary.

Re: The Dems fighting the use of a drug that has cured everyone***

Mar 27, 2020, 6:29 PM

I don't know where in the world you've gotten this notion

Mar 27, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to The Dems fighting the use of a drug that has cured everyone ]

that literally "everyone" has been cured by HCQ, but it's 100% false.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:51 PM [ in reply to The Dems fighting the use of a drug that has cured everyone ]

Take off the tin foil hat. It’s squeezing your head too much. This is not about politics. Quit making about politics. The sooner people like you quit politicizing every #### thing, the sooner we can all be “One Nation Under God” again.

Mar 27, 2020, 7:56 PM

Read George Washington’s farewell address, focus on the parts about sectionalism and partisanship.

Mar 27, 2020, 3:55 PM

Think kicking people out of dorms may not be legal. Seems like they are tenants who have paid their rent and have tenants rights against eviction. Some are international students with no place to go. Some sttes have invoked "no eviction" orders, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love these people that point the finger at someone else

Mar 27, 2020, 4:24 PM

for being out and about.. i'm pretty sure half of the people who get upset about others being out or driving around town are the same ones who in the first wave raided grocery stores and hoarded hand sanitizer and for some odd reason... toilet paper.

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: love these people that point the finger at someone else

Mar 27, 2020, 4:49 PM

It’s not about pointing fingers. It’s about using common sense and being considerate of others’ health and welfare. Out of staters flying down here to get away from their states and could very well be exposing others in this state.
We cancelled our church services until April 5th, you know why? Because we have many elderly people in our congregation. One lady is just recovering from severe pneumonia and another going through chemo treatments. They have family members in the church,
who are also deacons and assoc. ministers. You can’t just tell the sick and elderly to stay home. Because others who may go about their daily life and carry on as normal, may bring it home to them.
BTW, I have a freezer full of deer meat and bass, and have not hoarded anything, including TP. Got a forest full of trees putting on leaves behind my house. No need for that. Just stay away from the vines, FYI.

Mar 27, 2020, 5:07 PM

There are some seriously dumb mfers on this site.

Mar 28, 2020, 3:10 AM [ in reply to Re: love these people that point the finger at someone else ]

As an Ex-NYC’er who once owned property in SC that I may have left the city for right now, it feels like a good time to say that SC receives $7.87 back from Washington for every $1 its citizens pay in federal tax, highest in the nation.

That being said, you are right, people need to do whatever it takes to get past this. Losing a football season would suck bawls.
Go Tigers!

Mar 27, 2020, 6:33 PM

I’m disturbed that these people from hotspots are being allowed to mass migrate to SC beaches. I know this is happening because I own a condo and speak regularly with people who live there. They come to SC, spreading the virus and if they get sick they will be using our hospitals and medical supplies and maybe preventing residents from getting the care we need.

A friend of mine in Oconee county who runs a restaurant

Mar 27, 2020, 7:04 PM

says she's been getting take out orders from cell phones with NY to California numbers since last week. Apparently they're all leavin' their infested states and scurryin' here.

That's why Highlands has issued a "don't-come-to-our-neck-of-the-woods-order" and told all second-homers up there they'll be forced quarantined for two weeks if they come.

Mar 28, 2020, 5:01 AM

Like it or not there will be no more quarentine for longer then 3-4 months.

#1 people hospitalized are 60+...

The media tries to scare you with this statistic, but 18-55 is about 50%... Ok, that is broad and a ridiculous statement.

You know that social security system people are questioning how long it can operate at a defecit? Well... Isolation at the current rate would cost it 80-85% of it's income.

We will be back at work by May 31st and football will kickoff as usual.

How can I make that statement?,

10% of elderly dying or 100% of retired elderly losing their only source of income. I can assure you, option 10 would cause more deaths then the extremely media sided number of options 1. Pay more attention, a 104 year old lady survived in china.

Trump will likely do it early May, but the state governers are enjoying being in headlines and flexing those little muscles... Little do the know cancelling events like March madness, WrestleMania for Florida, and toying with the NFL will cause one thing... Sales tax, property tax, and income tax will quit coming to those losers. Meaning, all 50 greedy governers and all the mayor's won't get their inflated salaries because the government and States will go broke.

We already have 100,000 infected, at the same rate we will be at 1,000,000 by April 31st.

Trump tested the reaction to the idea of letting it spread, but it caused outrage.

April 31st, huh?

Mar 29, 2020, 6:41 AM

Is that Day 367...on a calendar somewhere?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lack of enough testing also

Mar 28, 2020, 6:05 AM

Most hospitals will not test unless you have symptoms , which is too late usually. S.Korea and Germany have proven getting out in front with tests will flatten the curve.

Mar 28, 2020, 6:45 AM

A few students spread throughout the dorms sounds like good social distancing to me. Some of them don't have a home to go to nor the money to buy a plane ticket to Kurdistan or wherever.

well that and we don't have herd immunity or a vaccine.

Mar 29, 2020, 9:14 AM

Once we get those things, COVID-19 will not go away, but it will be manageable and predictable, like the flu, which kills many each year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic