Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Five-star OL and Vols commit has a lot to think about after Clemson visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: Five-star OL and Vols commit has a lot to think about after Clemson visit

Oct 29, 2017, 4:29 PM

Five-star OL and Vols commit has a lot to think about after Clemson visit

Five-star offensive lineman Cade Mays has a lot to think about after Saturday’s visit to Clemson. Mays is the nation's No. 2 tackle prospect, a Tennessee legacy and a long-time commit, so getting the Knoxville (TN) Catholic product to go somewhere else would be quite an achievement. However, Saturday’s visit gives Clemson the chance it needs with Mays. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The last line

Oct 29, 2017, 4:34 PM

That WON'T be accomplished at Tennessee during his time in College.

Re: The last line

Oct 29, 2017, 4:46 PM

If he wants one he should follow Trevor Lawrence:)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last line

Oct 29, 2017, 5:48 PM [ in reply to The last line ]

That last line coupled with Jones being his best friend ????

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amari was on his HS team.

Oct 29, 2017, 6:29 PM

Amari has already made the flip from Tennessee to Clemson and can guide him LOL

Re: Amari was on his HS team.

Oct 29, 2017, 11:03 PM

I really hope so too. Help guide him to a winning program, Clemson. TN, well, while butch j is still there,seems all you'd end up as a champion of life, winning few ball games. Hope Mays comes and wins with Clemson.

Re: New Story: Five-star OL and Vols commit has a lot to think about after Clemson visit

Oct 29, 2017, 4:49 PM

What a great addition he'd be to our offense!! Hope he becomes a Tiger!

Re: New Story: Five-star OL and Vols commit has a lot to think about after Clemson visit

Oct 29, 2017, 4:55 PM

Seems like a great kid and would fit the culture well. I wish him well no matter which side he eventually chooses.

Oct 29, 2017, 6:44 PM

Yes he does sound like he is a good kid but, he will never win a NC at Tennessee if he sticks with that commit. The NCAA won't let kids stay the amount of time it will take for Tennessee to get back to a NCG!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We really need his guy ... OL is an area where we still

Oct 29, 2017, 5:04 PM

... seem to struggle a bit in recruiting. Flipping this kid from Tennessee would be so huge!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We really need his guy ... OL is an area where we still

Oct 29, 2017, 6:27 PM

In case you forgot. We are redshirting 3 freshmen OLs. But, yes we need more OL in this recruiting year.

Oct 29, 2017, 7:05 PM

I hadn't forgotten. We need to get three good ones every year. Getting a couple of great ones is even better. We're probably going to lose Mitch and we know that Crowder is gone as well as Hearn and Facinelli.

Oct 30, 2017, 10:52 AM [ in reply to We really need his guy ... OL is an area where we still ]

Hyatt is a true junior that likely would be drafted in the 1st round this year....
Simpson is a sophomore but likely would be drafted as junior if he wants to go early.

We have a few others.... we are not slack anymore on the OL... maybe we need to do better recruiting kickers.... At the moment it is the only hole in our team and hopefully spence will get it together... he has the tools... he needs to get his mind right....

Oct 30, 2017, 11:53 AM

I agree. We don't suffer from lack of numbers on the OL any more. We have plenty of "beef". But, the 5-star guys and the really coveted 4-star guys still seem to be hard for us to land. I'd hoped getting Hyatt would be the beginning of a new era in that respect.

I heard that!***

Oct 29, 2017, 5:04 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Oct 29, 2017, 5:46 PM

Flipping this guy from Vols would be a huge get this kid is a monster and a heck of a lineman. I think he could start day one and if wants to win championships Tennessee dumpster fire is not where you wanna be. Come to Clemson and help Lawerence win a title or 2 or 3 Haha. I've seen some tweets by Jones saying they were all tiger bound and he was in photo might be messing around but I really think we have a 75/25 percent chance of flipping him, I would say higher if he was legacy. Let's real this big fish in Dabo and staff haha Go Tigers!!

Oct 30, 2017, 9:19 AM

Coming from Tennessee heritage myself, I hope someone took him around the lake area. He looks just like my family members in TN and they live to reel in the fish. If he knows fishing is out the back door.......

I've seen Cade play his whole HS career at Knox Catholic. He's

Oct 29, 2017, 5:57 PM

a special talent and has unbelievable drive!! I completely respect that he is a Vol legacy but times have really changed since his dad played at TN. There are a handful of programs that are WAY ahead of all the others with their entire program (Facilities, fans, coaching, NFL prep & Academics) and Clemson is one of those that is WAY ahead. The others would be Bama, Oh St, FSU, Michigan & ND. It will take TN 6-10 years to come even close to the program status of these other programs, even with a coach similar to Saban or Swinney. Cade would fit soooo much better into Clemson's program, Facilities and NFL development vs the deep problems at UT. The issues at UT run much, much deeper than the current coaching staff....it involves the Board, the AD and the entire athletic training protocol...very much behind and out of proper focus to compete in the SEC East, much less on any kind of National level. The only proof one needs of the serious problems is to look at the coaching problems over the last decade: FB = Fulmer (run off), Kiffin, Dooley, Butch; Bball = Pearl, Martin, Tyndall, Barnes....8 different coaches in less than 10 years. It is an absolute mess throughout the entire athletic program! Programs like Clemson have their sh*t together and will continue to attract & develop the best athletes, period

Re: I've seen Cade play his whole HS career at Knox Catholic. He's

Oct 29, 2017, 6:49 PM

You are right. My brother has lived in K Town since the 70's and is a huge Vols fan. He says the problem at UT runs all the way to the Board.

Vols aren't going to get any better any time soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MJ Jr. looking great in #6. Great days ahead.***

Oct 29, 2017, 6:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He looks like an old school Clemson OL. Stacey Seegars.***

Oct 29, 2017, 6:29 PM

Oct 29, 2017, 6:31 PM

OL is the most important position in football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kid should read his own comments....

Oct 29, 2017, 6:40 PM

His heart is in Tennessee because of his dad but maybe his brain will guide him to create his own new legacy. Tennessee is gonna be a cluster eff going into the next decade....just a continuation of the last 10+ years.

Re: Kid should read his own comments....

Oct 29, 2017, 8:39 PM

As much as his Dad loves Tennessee, he loves his son more and wants what is best for him to get prepared for the next level. Hopefully he will direct his son away from that Train wreck of a program.

Mike Jones is our Ace in the Hole!

Go Tigers

Oct 29, 2017, 6:49 PM

Is this kid just traveling for fun or ready for real championship football? Tigers are ready. Is he?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2017, 6:59 PM

Based on the comments from both Cade and MJ in this article, I think he’s already decided to flip. Don’t see how anyone could blame him. The Vols are a real mess right now. Would love to have him in the Clemson Family!!

GO TIGERS!!!

Oct 29, 2017, 9:33 PM

Seems like a good country boy and good family. I saw an article that said Cade likes to bass fish, bow hunt and duck hunt. I posted on another link, I hope the coaches make him aware what a sportsman's paradise Clemson is. Over 17,000 acres of Clemson Forest for trophy buck - bow hunting, Lake Hartwell for bass fishing. The Bassmasters - World championship of bass fishing is on Hartwell next year. He can fish in Clemson's many Simpson Station ponds, Issaqueena Lake, or in the Seneca River canal at the practice fields and football facility. Duck hunt all he wants on watershed road, trout fish in Chattooga. On second thought maybe Dabo better not tell Cade all of this. He'll be skipping class like I did while at Clemson. Man, those were good times.

Oct 29, 2017, 9:43 PM

I'm excited after reading this! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He sounds like a smart kid, and would fit in nicely.

Oct 29, 2017, 11:21 PM

A five star OL could really make a difference - and put/keep Clemson over the top. Dabo is doing a great job.

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2017, 1:39 AM

Why hasn't BV or Dabo offered this kid????????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic