Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that finds it amusing that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,775

Am I the only one that finds it amusing that

Sep 1, 2015, 9:10 AM

Scar has learned of these new things called grass and trees? The way it's getting coverage down here is hilarious. One coot said it was definitely going help recruiting. So that's all it took, huh? "Look! We have grass like Clemson!" I'm sure they will put a Chuckie Cheese with a couple of bounce houses across the street now to show off their " family atmosphere." LoL!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And at Clemson, we're putting buildings in our grassy areas

Sep 1, 2015, 9:19 AM

like behind the Library, beside Harcombe and the Post Office, Douthit Hills, etc.

And then we're "beautifying" areas taking up more and more football parking... but I digress.

Re: And at Clemson, we're putting buildings in our grassy areas

Sep 1, 2015, 11:59 AM

Beside Harcombe was all Johnstone until about 15 years ago, Douthit Hills was a really ugly place with a bunch of foundations and stairways left over from old married student housing, and there will still be a pretty good sized green space behind the library when the Watt Innovation Center is completed.

Clemson's iconic green spaces are all still being preserved: Bowman field, the Carillon Garden, the North Green, Trustee Park, President's Park, etc.

It is also my understanding that once this phase of construction is completed, way will be clear for the remainder of Johnstone, Harcombe, and Thornhill Village to be torn down, and parts of those areas will become new green space.

Clemson also has a very strict policy for protecting the trees on campus http://www.clemson.edu/building-futures/landscape/

Re: Am I the only one that finds it amusing that

Sep 1, 2015, 9:28 AM

Having done graduate work at USCe many decades ago, anything is an improvement over the tired 1970s WB and surrounding grounds! USuck fans think they now have an instant upgrade to compare to the Grove at Ole Miss if you can hear that without laughing! Even coach/AD Tanner admitted in comments that the entire complex previously looked like an industrial zone! When one has to import grass and trees to give a stadium new life it says something about how others perceive you! Kind of like lipstick on a pig, but it is a monument to a chicken instead! Good luck on that idea.

Go Tigers!

Sep 1, 2015, 10:06 AM

It looked like an industrial slum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 10:05 AM

When they grow up, they want to be like us. It never will happen, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 1, 2015, 10:24 AM

Yep, you'll grow up at some point.

Sep 1, 2015, 10:58 AM

And when we get a chick-fil-a things will really take off with recruiting. Oh wait......

I've said it before and I will say it again.....

Sep 1, 2015, 11:18 AM

anything they do in some desperate attempt to enhance, glamorize, decorate or improve that cesspool is akin to putting lipstick on a pig.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I've said it before and I will say it again.....

Sep 1, 2015, 8:59 PM

They do have nice permanent bathrooms in the parking lot near the stadium. Wish we could get rid of all the Porta Potties!

most of the "nice" permanant bathrooms near the stadium

Sep 1, 2015, 9:16 PM

are in paid lots that fans have to pay $15K or more to own (like a timeshare).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,775
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic