Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Steward just hopes to "make everybody happy"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Steward just hopes to "make everybody happy"

Feb 1, 2011, 12:42 AM

Steward just hopes to "make everybody happy"

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Steward just hopes to "make everybody happy"

Feb 1, 2011, 12:46 AM

He may pick FSU in the end, but I think it's a lot closer than this guy makes it out to be...

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/9gMAdCvTEeCkhgAcxJSkrA/uncommitted--is-tony-steward-headed-to-florida-state.htm

I'd feel more comfortable if he'd said make "some people

Feb 1, 2011, 1:09 AM

happy," considering he's going to be addressing a bunch of kids and teachers in Florida on signing day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets just hope he makes everyone in Clemson happy***

Feb 1, 2011, 1:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruit Update: Steward just hopes to "make everybody happy" ]

Re: Lets just hope he makes everyone in Clemson happy***

Feb 1, 2011, 12:42 PM

Amen to that. Steward and Anthony would give us the top LBs class according to Rivals with Teek already aboard. Tomorrow will be the longest day in history.

Re: Recruit Update: Steward just hopes to "make everybody happy"

Feb 1, 2011, 1:08 AM

I have never said where I think any recruit will end up b/c I don't know unless they tell me. But one statement Tony said, I think he said he was coming to Clemson. The statement he made after the Tebo statement.

Former Nease quarterback Tim Tebow announced his decision to attend the University of Florida live on ESPNews in December 2005.

"I guess it'll be a little tougher this time with the decision," Steward said. "I think it'll be a real good experience; I can't wait to experience it Wednesday. I just hope I make everybody happy."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Am I the only one...

Feb 1, 2011, 1:41 AM

who does not understand this post? Not a flame, because I want to understand what you're saying so I can be excited.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Am I the only one...

Feb 1, 2011, 2:07 AM

Well franc, from what I'm reading from it, (and I could be reading something that isn't there) Tebo went to Fla. and that is what Fla. folks wanted. But Tony said that, his decision was going to be a little tougher to make. And from that, its sounding to me personally, he is thinking Clemson. Like I said I have never picked where I thought one would go. And I hope I'm right with my first one. I think he is going to Clemson. If he don't, I will be 0/1, 1 and done!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe he doesn't know yet and its a tough decision***

Feb 1, 2011, 8:49 AM

Re: Am I the only one...

Feb 1, 2011, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Am I the only one... ]

bradly 2, me 2

well that pretty much sums it up...

Feb 1, 2011, 1:33 AM

leads me to believe he's thinking FSU...

Message was edited by: mrgrant®

Photobucket

Re: well that pretty much sums it up...

Feb 1, 2011, 4:03 AM

I truely hope I'm right and u r dead wrong :)

Talk about hanging on this kids every last word!

Feb 1, 2011, 7:18 AM

I doubt Tony is dropping subtle hints as to where he's headed. I've stated before and again that he appears to be a great kid and we're going to see alot of him, but unfortunately it will be as an opponent. Tony Steward- FSU

I'm reminded of some song lyrics:

Feb 1, 2011, 7:52 AM

You can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself.

Steward needs to make himself happy, not anyone else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm reminded of some song lyrics:

Feb 1, 2011, 8:15 AM

Wow. "Garden Party" by Ricky Nelson, the son of Ozzie and Harriet. LOL! The ONLY reason I know this is I was a kid watching the Ozzie and Harriet Show when they were live. LMAO!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I'm reminded of some song lyrics:

Feb 1, 2011, 8:53 AM

they're all dead now. David passed just in the last month or so. Just thought I'd share that for those who watched it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMO, he will pick FSU because he is enjoying the spotlight

Feb 1, 2011, 8:17 AM

on his school, friends and community which in large part are mostly FSU fans. If the announcement is on ESPN and IN his high school Gym AND it is important for him to make people happy then I think he might enjoy hearing the roar of the crowd when he picks up the FSU hat. Just my opinion.

Not so fast, my friend!

Feb 1, 2011, 8:21 AM

If he were planning to pick FSU, he might have said something like, "I can't wait for Wednesday. It's going to be a lot of fun!"

To say he hopes he makes everyone happy may mean he's going to explain his decision to the crowd and he hopes they understand and support him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Not so fast, my friend!

Feb 1, 2011, 8:26 AM

That was my thought when I read it. If he was picking FSU he knows he would make everyone happy. It seems like he may be picking Clemson and hoping everyone is happy for him.

null

I Agree with David78

Feb 1, 2011, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Not so fast, my friend! ]

It's all speculation, but it seems like he'd know who'd be happy if he picked FSU. Come on TS, come to the hills of SC. There truly is something special in those hills. Come experience it!

GO TIGERS!!!

Re: Not so fast, my friend!

Feb 1, 2011, 8:44 AM [ in reply to Not so fast, my friend! ]

No need to try and explain your side. You will always have emty glasses, and half full glasses. And the emty glasses refuse to let anyone add a drop to it. They will break it before they will let that happen....

Positive Attitudes

Feb 1, 2011, 11:52 AM

Way too many doomsayers on here. Come on guys, let's rally around our team and the guys (like Bellamy)who want to be here! If any recruits are reading these posts (which I hope not, considering)wouldn't it be better to show support. Not saying you can't have reservations, but really! We can get anybody (see Spiller, Bowers, Kirkland, etc.) but we ain't gonna get em all, so be it. What we have can be the best. Don't remember Charlie Whitehurst lighting up recruiting boards, but he lit up the competition. Go Tigers!

Re: Positive Attitudes

Feb 1, 2011, 3:52 PM

Clemson after all the dust settles will end up putting approx 25 5 and 4 star players on the field next year based upon some looking back at the recruits still on the roster and comitted. This is not to say any less to the 2 and 3 star recruits that will more likely exceed expectation than a 4 or 5 star recruit so are things positive at Clemson oh HxLL Yes. Can they inch there way to a better postion in the last hours yes. Are there opportunities for top ranked players due to the number of players taht turned pro in Baseball and football early - yes. There are a large bunch of very committed high school players that have already said I want to be a Clemson Tiger. They will be the corp many will cheer for no matter who else comes. They wanted to be Tigers and have stayed the course. They are a top class we as Clemson Fans are excited about. Here again if anyone want to add to the likely outcome of this great group of highly talented committments brining home an ACC championship better get on quick because we are about to pull out of the station on those tracks

Message was edited by: CUTIGERTIM®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Do you really think empty is spelled "emty". You spelled it

Feb 1, 2011, 7:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Not so fast, my friend! ]

"emty" throughout your post. So many errors, so little time. $@#$@@^$T, I believe Jesus is the word you used?

How can he make everybody happy? He's only going to make

Feb 1, 2011, 1:51 PM

one fan base happy!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic