Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Road Trip
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,691

Road Trip

May 14, 2019, 2:11 PM

Always try to go to at least one road game a year. What’s your favorite place to go to an away game? A&M was awesome last year. VT was good a few years back (2011, I think) though it wasn’t as loud. FSU wasn’t bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Road Trip

May 14, 2019, 2:29 PM

I don't go to many away games. But at Boston College in 2009, BC was in the lead until CJ Spiller ran a kickoff back for great field position to score and win. It snapped a streak of losses to them and I believe it was Dabo's first win. I know it was his first year as head coach. And then to spend 4 days in Boston for our honeymoon was great, game was icing on the cake so to speak.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 2:58 PM

Great game by Spiller. We don't win that game without Spiller

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2019, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Road Trip ]

@ West Point or @ Annapolis. I’d pick West Point first cuz I’m an Army guy, but there’s nothing like walking around a US Military Academy to make you feel like your chest is gonna explode with American pride.

Taking my son to West Point in July for football camp.

May 14, 2019, 3:25 PM

Can't wait for the whole experience. Keeping our fingers crossed for an offer, too.

May 14, 2019, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Road Trip ]

Always enjoy going to GT Game in Atlanta . . .

May 14, 2019, 3:00 PM

Dad's sister lives in Roswell. She used to play golf and tennis w/ Bobby Dodd, but she pulls for the Tigers. She is in the Athletic Hall of Fame at the College of Charleston. Played multiple sports. She's fun to be around at any sporting event . . . and loves her scotch too!!!

UVA and VT are pleasant places to attend games. Go when you get the chance because to opportunity is a rarity nowadays!

Wake is a great little venue! Clemson will have over 1/2 the stadium filled!!!

U of SC and NCSU are fun just because their fans are horrible people of character . . . and who better to beat than those most deserving of an a$$ whipping?!!!

UNC though the campus is shrinking and becoming more cluttered, is still a pretty place (wink wink) but their stadium makes viewing games a most uncomfortable ordeal . . . the backs of the seats in front of you will tear your knees to shreds . . . Much too cramped to physically enjoy, but whipping the wine crowd is always fun!!!

The ACC Championship wherever it is held . . . Who doesn't like the chance to win hardware?!!!

I want to venture to BC as a bucket list thingy.

I've never been to Louisville or Pitts, no real desire to either. I've been to Tally twice, but other than the scenery, there was nothing special about the trips. Miami folks don't attend so why should I do it again?!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think I saw UNC downsized Kenan by 10,000+

May 14, 2019, 3:20 PM

seats...maybe they are more comfortable now

Re: Always enjoy going to GT Game in Atlanta . . .

May 14, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Always enjoy going to GT Game in Atlanta . . . ]

Been to every ACC stadium except Miami, Louisville, UVA, Pitt, BC and Syracuse. Plan to rectify that before long. Been to every ACC Championship except the year it was moved to Orlando, and thats was only because I went to Disney with the family about 2 weeks before. Been to U of SC, and always a few times when we played in the Georgia Dome. Looking forward to the trip to ND next year.

Re: Always enjoy going to GT Game in Atlanta . . .

May 14, 2019, 5:40 PM

Been to every ACC venue but Louisville and looking forward to seeing that this year. Glad I was able to see Pitt in old Pitt stadium and Miami in the orange bowl before they tore those down. Hard rock and Heinz are not the same.

UNC’s campus is actually less cluttered now

May 14, 2019, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Always enjoy going to GT Game in Atlanta . . . ]

since they have removed all the statues of white people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been to most places we go, and had good times at

May 14, 2019, 4:19 PM

most (Raleigh and Columbia are nasty). Wake is a great trip for a lot of reasons. Close. Easy to get into town. Easy to park at The Joel and tailgate then walk over to the game. Wake fans that show are good folks. Clemson flat takes over at least 1/3 of the stadium if not more. Lots of fun.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,691
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic