Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Always A Tiger!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Always A Tiger!

Nov 15, 2018, 8:00 PM

Yesterday afternoon My 97 year old Father-in-Law passed away! He was a proud graduate of Clemson A&M College, Class of 1943! I hate to admit it but I was raised as a South Carolina Fan. I married His Daughter in 1968. He missed Homecoming that year for our wedding. I think He finally forgave me last year. After we married, we attended most Clemson Football games. There was never any pressure but I saw the light and converted. I have been a Member of IPTAY for 45 years or so. The last thing He asked me to do was write in His little notebook the times and channels for the Duke and South Carolina games. When making the arrangements for His Funeral, we decided not to have it Saturday. Saturday's are for Gameday! His Funeral will be Monday and Yes he will be buried in Orange! He will not be watching but there is nothing He would want more that one more win. Say a Prayer for Us and Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers up Fintiger. God bless your father in law and your

Nov 15, 2018, 8:02 PM

family!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please, accept my sincerest condolences. I'm sure

Nov 15, 2018, 8:08 PM

he would appreciate your kind words.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope this scripture helps you and your family.

Nov 15, 2018, 8:08 PM

John 14:1-6
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Condolences to you.***

Nov 15, 2018, 8:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Always A Tiger!

Nov 15, 2018, 8:32 PM

Hey man - there is nothing I can say to ease the loss . . . but from experience I can promise you, he will make you smile whenever you think of him . . . the remembrances will strengthen you until we meet again . . . you were/are blessed to have shared life with him!!!

Prayers lifted for you and your bride.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 8:50 PM

God bless you and your wife. Heaven just got a little more orange. Prayers up!

Nov 15, 2018, 8:55 PM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2018, 9:10 PM

Your father-in-law sounds like a great man. He and the family had a good long run! Prayers for the family, and may he continue to live on through you all.

Thanks for sharing fintiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:06 PM

Prayers sent to you and your family. He will be watching the game!

What A Cool Dude

Nov 15, 2018, 11:40 PM

I just stepped outside and poured some beer out for him.

Re: What A Cool Dude

Nov 15, 2018, 11:50 PM

Prayers for all the family for a fine CLEMSON MAN.

Nov 15, 2018, 11:56 PM

Prayers for your family. It sounds like your father-in-Law was a true Clemson man. Hang in to those precious memories and as time heals it will be fun to revisit some of the places and things he loved so much

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 16, 2018, 3:56 AM

Buried in orange. What a guy.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic