Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Even with the downfield bombs DW
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,927

Even with the downfield bombs DW

Oct 2, 2014, 4:43 PM

is completing 73% of his passes.

Boyd was 61% for his career.

I know the sample size is small and in no way am I saying DW is better than Tajh at this point, but he's off to a pretty impressive start. Wow.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Even with the downfield bombs DW

Oct 2, 2014, 4:47 PM

I would say with a pretty good confidence right here and now that DW is better than Boyd. And I ain't afraid to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although that pick he threw Saturday was ill-advised....

Oct 2, 2014, 4:49 PM

and a bit reminiscent of Tajh trying to force the issue and make things happen when he would have been better served to simply throw the ball up into the tuba section.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That was definitely a bad decision.

Oct 2, 2014, 4:50 PM

Really the only glaring one I can remember so far. What I liked was how he responded to that though. Came back out firing away like it never happened.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: That was definitely a bad decision.

Oct 2, 2014, 8:06 PM

Wasn't he in the process of getting leveled when he threw it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That was definitely a bad decision.

Oct 2, 2014, 8:26 PM

So DW didn't panic in Tally, but he is going to against BC?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Although that pick he threw Saturday was ill-advised....

Oct 2, 2014, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Although that pick he threw Saturday was ill-advised.... ]

The difference is that Tajh threw picks like that (and much worse) up until his very last throw as a Tiger. DW is a true freshman and I think he'll learn from his mistakes.

WR may have ran the wrong route***

Oct 2, 2014, 5:21 PM [ in reply to Although that pick he threw Saturday was ill-advised.... ]

Re: WR may have ran the wrong route***

Oct 2, 2014, 6:02 PM

Boyd's last pass as a Tiger was a pick wasn't it?

Re: Although that pick he threw Saturday was ill-advised....

Oct 2, 2014, 11:43 PM [ in reply to Although that pick he threw Saturday was ill-advised.... ]

The wr quit on the route too.

keep in mind UNC's defense is coached by Vic Koennig

Oct 2, 2014, 6:00 PM

and they stink. ECU put up 70 pts on them. DW will struggle some time during the season b/c he is a freshman. Don't be the guy that comes on here after a tough game against BC at BC and talk the other extreme about him. I just hope he doesn't read his own headlines right now and get off track. B/c some of us Clemson fans have crowned him the chosen one and he hasn't really played enought yet. I will say he is very good and I am cautiously very optimistic about our future but don't to count any chickens before they hatch.

Re: keep in mind UNC's defense is coached by Vic Koennig

Oct 2, 2014, 7:53 PM

The egg has already hatched, and it was a full grown freshman QB on a journey of rewriting the ACC and Clemson record books.:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He doesn't imagine footsteps.

Oct 2, 2014, 6:26 PM

That's one up on Tajh but DW really has a huge hill to climb to be the QB that Tajh was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When will you people realize Deshaun is the one true god?

Oct 2, 2014, 11:12 PM

Stop wasting your time at church on Sunday people. Church is Saturday at 3:30 this weekend. Be there and praise be to the Watson.

Amen. Go Tigers!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,927
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic