Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pole:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 520

Pole:

Nov 6, 2018, 2:46 PM

Write in yes or no or odds which of these politicians get into heaven or are in heaven.

Trump - No
Obama - 60/40 for
W - 60/40 for
Hillary - 30/70 against
McCain - 50/50
Palin - 60/40 for
Bill C. - No
Romney - Mormon so not a clue. Wish he was president though.
Algore- 30/70 against
Kerry - 40/60 against
Dole - 75/25 for
George H.W. Bush - 75/25 for
Reagan - 40/60 against
Carter - yes

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pole:

Nov 6, 2018, 2:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOGEyBeoBGM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 2:52 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=sZpZuIWu1tw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to hate you for putting that song in my head.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Pole: ]

But I want to thank you for putting prime Belinda Carlisle in front of my face.

So conflicted...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, this is really odd...

Nov 6, 2018, 2:56 PM

But based on my theology (not sure what standard you're using):

Trump- Seems unlikely
Obama- Not sure, but probably not
W- Certainly
Hillary- Doubtful
McCain- Yes
Palin- Yes
Bill C- At some point would've been yes, but not sure now
Romney- Probably not
Gore- At some point, would've been yes.
Kerry- Says he's Catholic, so probably
Dole- Yes
HW- Yes
Reagan- Yes
Carter- Yes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, I feel better about my chances after reading that.***

Nov 6, 2018, 2:57 PM

But Bill C. with a better shot than Obama and Hillary???***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:00 PM [ in reply to I mean, this is really odd... ]

Just judging by what he claimed to believe***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Southern Baptist all the way^^^***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:16 PM

Just evangelical and protestant, really***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:18 PM

do you consider Baptist to be protestant?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:20 PM

I always did but Prod says otherwise. what's your take?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's sort of a pointless church history discussion

Nov 6, 2018, 3:38 PM

Baptists weren't a part of the state churches that historically represented Protestantism (and you could describe some Christian churches as non-Catholic before the Reformation), but they share a patrimony in the theology, if not the ecclesiology, of the Reformation. Besides, most people just use "Protestant" to mean those Christian churches that aren't Catholic and aren't Orthodox. That may not be entirely accurate of all those churches, but Southern Baptists in particular share quite a bit with other Evangelical Protestants.

I guess the biggest difference between any Baptist church and a "Protestant" church is that Baptist churches are more congregational and don't identify with a nationality. This is why I've heard some people say that nearly all "non-denominational" church are basically Baptists, and indeed, a lot of them were planted by Baptists and have conservative Baptist theology.

Pole:

Nov 6, 2018, 2:59 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2018, 3:07 PM

Just another reason to be just a wee bit jealous of Ricky Fowler.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What did Al Gore do?

Nov 6, 2018, 2:59 PM

Is it a sin to be boring? Or is it the first Emperor of the Moon thing?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

adultery right?***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:00 PM

Pomposity.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:03 PM [ in reply to What did Al Gore do? ]

He invented the internet

Nov 6, 2018, 4:41 PM [ in reply to What did Al Gore do? ]

the mother of all sin. what are you, sta-sta-stoopid? :)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

carter and maybe dole

Nov 6, 2018, 3:02 PM

something, something, eye of a needle....

Don't you have to have sinned and be unrepentant?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:03 PM

I like the Episcopal confession of sins, "known and unknown."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess I should have added if they are unrepentant.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:05 PM

does Trump even know the definition of repent?***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:21 PM

I think he said he's never asked God for forgiveness

Nov 6, 2018, 3:34 PM

as an adult. That he doesn't ever do anything wrong because he tries to always be good. And pretty sure he went on to say he just pretty much fixes everything himself.

Late last year, Trump told Republican pollster and focus-group guru Frank Luntz that when the real-estate mogul has done something wrong, he tries to correct his error without getting God involved.

"I am not sure I have," Trump said when asked if he'd ever asked God for forgiveness. "I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so," he said. "I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't."

To which a few Trump supporters would say, "See, he doesn't even like to burden Jesus with his problems! He's such a great Christian."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I doubt that's what they'd say

Nov 6, 2018, 3:39 PM

They'd just decide that they didn't care about his personal life, or that at least it was better than somebody else.

Re: I think he said he's never asked God for forgiveness

Nov 6, 2018, 3:45 PM [ in reply to I think he said he's never asked God for forgiveness ]

They held their noses and voted for the lessor of 2 perceived evils. Simple as that, what actually happened is certainly up for debate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only non-decent, 100% self-serving people on this

Nov 6, 2018, 3:08 PM

list are Trump, Bill and Hillary, and Palin. The rest have their flaws, but at least have some merit to go with them. Bill was tolerable as a POTUS because he was moderate and capable of working across the aisle without taking a flamethrower to the whole building.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what that has to do with soteriology***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:11 PM

Are you going to make me look up that word?

Nov 6, 2018, 3:13 PM

Could you just tell me what it is?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doctrine of salvation***

Also noticeably absent is #### Cheney.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:12 PM

Presumably because God already cast him out of heaven and he took up residence elsewhere.

Re: Also noticeably absent is #### Cheney.

Nov 6, 2018, 3:17 PM

Who am I to judge?

That's up to God.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Reagan isn't there,

then I hope I get in so I can get on the HOA subcommittee that corrects such errors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Reagan isn't there,

Nov 6, 2018, 3:21 PM

Looks like Dabo there.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:40 PM

Hollywood lifestyle in early years takes away 50 points.***

Nov 6, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to If Reagan isn't there, ]

All that's above my paygrade.

I can tell when someone is Christian sometimes if I meet them. Some women I can tell by looking at their face but that too has to be in person. I think it's about the promotion and acceleration of Christian fellowship and the gift is all inclusive for Christians after a certain measure of spiritual maturity.

I can sometimes recognize the lost but never by process of elimination such that I believe someone is lost because I can't recognize they are saved. I think that is given sometimes especially to know when to testify to someone and seldom to set them apart from others or think less of them.

For those reasons the OP pole is above my paygrade. That's because in order to speculate on who will get into heaven we thereby speculate on who will go to hell or some portion of probability thereof.

Paul and some other apostles did it but they aren't logged onto Tnet. 'For all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God.'

Regardless of how one feels about his moral being we're all in the same boat. No amount of dogooding will get you into heaven and no amount of sinning with send you to hell. We're born destined to hell with only one escape hatch, the Blood of Jesus the Son of God.

No need to come at me with moehamid or any other gods. Don't waste the keystrokes. I know what it says and if it's a lie I'll do the sentence of eternity while praising my God from the depths of hell and blessing His precious name through the misery.

'Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:...'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 520
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic