Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Allman Bros. Clemson concert 1971
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Allman Bros. Clemson concert 1971

Mar 27, 2014, 7:26 PM

I did not know recordings existed. Does anyone have this?

http://www.spirit-of-rock.com/album-groupe-The_Allman_Brothers_Band-nom_album-Littlejohn_Coliseum,_Clemson_1971-l-en.html

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Allman Bros. Clemson concert 1971

Mar 27, 2014, 8:07 PM

Sorry I can't help you with a recording but I do remember going to this concert. Good times and great memories!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 27, 2014, 8:24 PM

I was there. My first semester at CU.

Mar 27, 2014, 8:38 PM

I love the Allman Brothers, but didn't start listening until '74 when i was a sophomore in HS. I would love to have a recording of this. I was just jamming to the Bros last Friday night.

Wolfgang's Vault has a lot of Allman Brothers

Mar 27, 2014, 8:47 PM

concerts, but not this one.

http://www.concertvault.com/search.html?t=Allman%20Brothers%20Band%20The&tb=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I found out about this cd a year or so ago...like the others

Mar 27, 2014, 9:04 PM

I, too, was in attendance at the show. I haven't gotten it as of yet, but will soon.

Several years ago, I bought a double cd of the digitally re-mastered Allman Bros. weekend shows at the 2nd Atlanta Pop Festival held in Byron, Ga, July 4, 5, &6, 1970. It is very strong.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that Atlanta CD is very strong. Not as "processed" as the

Mar 27, 2014, 9:57 PM

the classic Fillmore East show we all grew up with. Good clean live sound. BTW, the Fillmore show I listen to is "The Fillmore Concerts" version (CD w/color picture). Better mix, more songs, includes the harmonica part in "Stormy Monday".

Never knew of this bootleg Clemson show, gotta have it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The wife and I were there and.......

Mar 27, 2014, 9:05 PM

were right up front.....nobody on the floor sat. It was a GREAT concert. If I remember correctly,, Duane died not too very long later. I loved the Brothers back then.....and still do! We had some phenomenal concerts at Littlejohn during my 4 years at CU.

Re: The wife and I were there and.......

Mar 28, 2014, 12:17 PM

I was there along with you. Its not the type of music that I listen to now since I got Saved by the Grace of Jesus Christ.

I was there also and in 1985 too, Hall and Oates concert

Mar 27, 2014, 10:11 PM

Go Tigers..............Beat SMU

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Mar 27, 2014, 11:08 PM

My best friend and I were there...senior year of high school in Tennessee. That week, my father tossed me the keys to his car and said, "Why don't you and Keith go to Clemson this weekend for the first football game against Kentucky?" As it turned out, the Allman Brothers were in Littlejohn the night before the game. Great concert. The opening act was a band named Wishbone Ash, and they were terrific. We stayed in an empty dorm room in Johnstone thanks to Walter Cox, who was a classmate of my father.

tidbit. skynyrd's "freebird" is an tribute to duane allman.

Mar 28, 2014, 1:51 AM

saw it on "music choice"'s did you know.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perhaps busy studying so I could attend a basketball game,

Mar 28, 2014, 6:51 AM

somehow I missed this concert. The ones I did attend and remember like it was yesterday, are "Marshall Tucker", "The Doobie Brothers", "Steely Dan", and Chuck Berry. I went to a Marshall Tucker concert here in California in just the last year or two.

Obviously, when I moved to Macon, Georgia after graduating in 1975, I learned a lot more about the Allman Brothers. When I heard the instrumental "Jessica" for the first time, I remember thinking it was the best song I had ever heard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must mean In memory of Elizabeth Reed!*

Mar 28, 2014, 8:06 AM

Nm

Sorry, I'm still partial to Jessica***

Mar 28, 2014, 9:31 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love those both but Little Martha is AB's best!***

Mar 28, 2014, 12:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 28, 2014, 10:01 AM

Some things transcend a rivalry, and the Allman Brothers is one of them. 1971 was a couple of years before my time. I never saw Duane live. The best Allmans concert I ever attended was in Richmond, VA in the early 90's. Had 2 tickets to a nice venue, and my wife got sick that day. Ended up taking my 6 year old son. He's been a fan ever since. Little Feat opened for them.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic