Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All you people that said you were coming to Charleston this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 396

All you people that said you were coming to Charleston this

Sep 11, 2020, 1:29 PM

weekend...you may want to re-think that. I dunno WT F is going on out there, but its stop and go go traffic most of Mt Pleasant. I went and grabbed lunch a few minutes ago and it took about 35 minutes to get about 3 miles from my house.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying it's completely normal?

Sep 11, 2020, 1:31 PM

Traffic was the #1 reason I moved from Charleston.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno when you were here last

Sep 11, 2020, 1:37 PM

But today is like Christmas and July 4 rolled into one. Its a mess out there.

Being totally honest here, I don't understand why they don't

Sep 11, 2020, 1:35 PM

embrace golf carts more down there. Forget the bike lanes, running trails, and all of that other bulllshit, the golf cart lifestyle is what they should be promoting. I'd think it would cut down on traffic congestion quite a bit, and solve a lot of parking issues local businesses have.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's too much revenue to be generated by busting people

Sep 11, 2020, 1:38 PM

for riding around with a beer in a yeti cup, or giving out tickets for driving them 2 minutes after sundown.

Previous next door neighbor's kid got busted driving their

Sep 11, 2020, 2:12 PM

cart around shortly after dark with his friends. $1,100 ticket! What the frick, man? You can make a motorcycle street legal by putting headlight, brake lights, and signals on it, but the same doesn't hold true for a golf cart...which still has to be registered at the DMV.

And another thing, while I'm on golf carts...YOU HAVE TO HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENSE TO OPERATE ONE. And it has to be registered. I've seen kids 10 and under driving carts around in every neighborhood around here, and half the time, don't even have an adult with them. I've seen them drive past cops. No registration stickers. But drive around 10 minutes after dusk...oh man.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cops LOVE busting golf carts over here, because its

Sep 11, 2020, 2:21 PM

typically non-confrontational, the victim isn't going to be a pain to them, and its easy revenue. I sold my golf cart because the cops cracked down on it so much and they kept hassling me. I'm getting too old to be hassled by the cops about everything I do.

A buddy got a little more than a $1000 in tickets for having a beer in a solo cup cruising around old village, Pitt street etc in his friends golf cart. A cop stopped him and gave him a ticket for that and no proof of insurance, and then was going to have the golf cart towed. They talked him into letting them push it off the side of the road and towing it home themselves. They walked home, came back about an hour later and drove it home. FU MPPD!

I paid the $110 annual insurance premium in 2016, and then

Sep 11, 2020, 2:35 PM

just quit after that when I realized it doesn't really matter. I keep that 2016 card folded up in the cart, and on the miniscule chance a cop ever asks for proof of insurance, I'll go with the "oh, I haven't printed these out in years." Other than that, all I gotta do is avoid anything I'd need liability insurance for, I suppose.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I live on a golf course, in a golf community and people go

Sep 11, 2020, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Previous next door neighbor's kid got busted driving their ]

on the nextdoor neighbor site complaining about people driving golf carts....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next week, chief

Sep 11, 2020, 2:01 PM

so there will be more bumper-to-bumper traffic

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All you people that said you were coming to Charleston this

Sep 11, 2020, 2:19 PM

1st weekend the temp is in the 80's and not pushing 110 degrees maybe?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who knows. It was Friday at 1 pm and 91 degrees.***

Sep 11, 2020, 2:22 PM

Crass will be there tomorrow***

Sep 11, 2020, 4:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

CofC students moved in today

Sep 11, 2020, 6:38 PM

friend of had 2 hours to drop her kid off and get stuff to room.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 396
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic