Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All you brownell sunshine pumpers keep in mind
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 3,562

All you brownell sunshine pumpers keep in mind

Feb 18, 2020, 11:15 AM

10 years....

2 NCAA tournament app. 1 being year 1 with OP players.

Now you can scream and get upset all you want but the truth is 2 out of 10.... and when next year comes and there’s “another “ excuse to why we didn’t make the tournament, don’t get upset.

The sooner we dump brownell, the sooner this program can take a step forward.

2 out of 10 is NOT a debatable subject, it’s a fact. A FACT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a Clemson pumper. If Brownell happens to be the coach,

Feb 18, 2020, 11:24 AM

then I'm also a Brownell pumper.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you're just like all the other wishful thinkers........

Feb 18, 2020, 12:35 PM

out there I've been hearing about for decades now. For some reason, there are too many Clemson fans who "wish and hope" about our basketball coaches instead of admitting when it's time for a change. That's like saying we should have hung with Tommy Bowden as our HC in football in hopes that he would have turned the corner some day. What a mistake THAT would have been!!!

Is there anything wrong with me wishing every Clemson coach

Feb 18, 2020, 5:57 PM

success? Don't kick me for being that way. I'm leaving this decision up to DRad. Until that decision is made, I'm wishing Brownell and the Clemson men's basketball success.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there anything wrong with me wishing every Clemson coach

Feb 19, 2020, 12:13 PM

Agree with you MyfavOrange. As Clemson fans we should want ever coach in ever sport to be successful. Sometimes a coaching change is needed but I would like to think Clemson does things in a different way from other schools and their fans. I would hope we would give our coaches time to develop and build their program. Before you say it I know Brad has been here 10 years. But Clemson BB has never received the total support from fans or the administration. snd I have said it several times we need to replace LJ. It needs a futuristic look to draw people in. It needs to impress recruits before they go inside.From the outside it is just looks ordinary. Unlike DV which really stands out especially since we have added the Oculus along with other improvements.

I know BB has been here 10 years but has he been any less successful than most other basketball coaches who have been at Clemson?? I can’t honestly say that is why I am asking the question. If I am not mistaken is BB not one of the winningest HC’s in school history?? As long as I can remember we have been an average to an above average team while occasionally playing to a standard of excellence. Do I want to be better than that, Absolutely! How can that be accomplished?? I don’t know because I am not the AD. I can say the team needs more fan support and a lot less negative vibes from fans. It can be frustrating to be Duke and lose to SC.

If you think you have the answers to turn CLEMSON Basketball into a more successful product explain you formula for success and how you will achieve the expectations laid out in the original post.

IMO you cannot compare the success of the football program to the accomplishments of the basketball team. Dabo is a special once in a generational hire in any sport.

If we could find another Dabo to take over our basketball program I would be onboard with making a change but since that most likely is not going to happen, I think Coach B has earned another year based on this years accomplishments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then you're just like all the other wishful thinkers........

Feb 19, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Then you're just like all the other wishful thinkers........ ]

If you're not a member of the Clemson Board of Trustees, or D-Rad himself, please tell how what a fan feels one way or the other can change anything with who is hired or fired within any department of athletics. Fans are powerless to a sense of control over anything concerning employment at Clemson University. As fans we have two choices, we can be positive and hope for the best with encouragement, OR, we can be negative with no hope, and bash what ever coach that isn't winning championships.

I think that D-Rad has proven since becoming the AD at Clemson that he does care about what is happening with Clemson athletics in a way of letting coaches go when he didn't believe they were capable of turning programs around and headed in the right direction of winning at a higher percentage. Apparently D-Rad believes that Brownell is a good fit for Clemson Bball, and that he will get the Bball program headed in the right direction, and I'm sure he has a set an amount of time before he makes a Head Coaching change with the Bball program.

We keep hearing that Brad has been at Clemson for 10 years and how bad it's been for Clemson Bball when looking at the whole picture, and it hasn't been what we the fans has wanted it to be. But IMO, Brad was behind the 8 ball his first 8 years at Clemson with trying to recruit to a program that had to share the practice space with the women's Bball in a Littlejohn arena that was far behind when comparing it to the arena's of the better competition we compete against in the ACC conference. The players that Brad brought in was the players that our competition had turned away, and they settled for Clemson bc they wanted to play in the ACC.

The reconditioned Littlejohn is a lot better than the Littlejohn that Brad recruited to his first 8 years, and if Brownell had been in the now Littlejohn and he hadn't yet turned our program into a consistent 3d, 4th, and bad year 5th place team in the ACC, well then D-Rad and Brownell should have been fired 5 years ago. But with the circumstances being as they are with Brad being behind the 8 ball his first 8 years, I am very OK with giving Brad a few more years if that is what D-Rad feels is the best for Clemson as of now!!! Go Brad, it's time to get it turned around and winning some games!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm a Clemson pumper. If Brownell happens to be the coach,

Feb 18, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to I'm a Clemson pumper. If Brownell happens to be the coach, ]

then I'm also a Brownell pumper.

Post of the Year.

Soooooooo many Clemson "followers" (they're not actually fans) miss this.

Feb 18, 2020, 7:08 PM [ in reply to I'm a Clemson pumper. If Brownell happens to be the coach, ]

I totally understand your enthusiasm for everything CLEMSON, but just don't use that same logic if you have to make any business decisions in the real world. You'll be homeless doing that.

Feb 19, 2020, 6:13 AM

I think I've done pretty good so far.

Feb 19, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm a Clemson pumper. If Brownell happens to be the coach, ]

I totally understand your enthusiasm for everything CLEMSON, but just don't use that same logic if you have to make any business decisions in the real world. You'll be homeless doing that.

Well being that he isn't in that real world of hiring and firing coaches, he will be OK by your terminology in the real world.

Hey Myfav, according to the beliefs Orange Lightning, don't ever get into college sport as an AD or a HC, you won't make it!!!! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 5:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm a Clemson pumper. If Brownell happens to be the coach, ]

You said practically the same to me a couple of weeks ago. Can you come up with something new and interesting?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

This is what I think about when I read your posts.

Feb 18, 2020, 11:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: This is what I think about when I read your posts.

Feb 18, 2020, 11:33 AM

He's the last member.

Feb 18, 2020, 1:04 PM

If it weren’t for Clemson fans like the OP we’d spend more time laughing at the coots.

Cool jacket though! I bet you even roll up the sleeves you savage!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wouldnt join anything

Feb 18, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Re: This is what I think about when I read your posts. ]

that would have that one (poster) as a member

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. Are those available in orange?***

Feb 18, 2020, 11:52 AM [ in reply to This is what I think about when I read your posts. ]

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

LOL... Reminds me of what I used to wear back in...

Feb 18, 2020, 3:27 PM [ in reply to This is what I think about when I read your posts. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: LOL... Reminds me of what I used to wear back in...

Feb 18, 2020, 5:59 PM

So you were the second to last member?

Feb 19, 2020, 1:05 PM [ in reply to This is what I think about when I read your posts. ]

I just can't and will not believe that you Judge, have ever had such empty thoughts!!!

Re: All you brownell sunshine pumpers keep in mind

Feb 18, 2020, 11:35 AM

The "10 years" argument is getting tired.

If Brownell can't get credit for going to the tourney with OP's players then he can't get knocked for losing in years 2-4 with OP's underclassmen leftovers who weren't very good.

I personally don't care what Brownell did in years 1-7 at this point.

His recent success or lack thereof is what he should be judged on.

Brownell's best coaching job came in 2018 when he took Clemson to the Sweet 16.

He followed that with a disappointing NIT appearance with 3 seniors leading the team.

This year he is around .500 with a team full of turnover. He has 1 returning contributor from last season. The team has been very up and down. The team's big wins are making the inconsistency look better.

The positive side is that this is the first year Brownell has ever had a team that wasn't "seniors or bust" to get wins. Clemson will only lose 1 senior this year who has contributed majorly to wins.

Where Brownell has to improve is keeping the underclassmen he is trying to develop so there is less turnover. If he can keep his youth in the program, then there is something to be positive about.

We will find out this offseason what Brownell can do with the program moving forward.

ive already read

Feb 18, 2020, 11:39 AM

This post ..... AT LEAST A HUNDRED TIMES. Can you not think of anything else about Clemson that I could read.

Strangely, I support Brad more after reading this.

Feb 18, 2020, 12:30 PM

I was on the fence before.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Strangely, I support Brad more after reading this.

Feb 18, 2020, 12:37 PM

Who cares? If they win...great. If they lose...Brad is stil here. Nothing changes unless there is a disaster. Brad won’t ever have a disaster. Accept it and get over it.

We are at best middle of the pack ACC. It is what it is.

Feb 18, 2020, 12:36 PM

I support our coach and team otherwise known as a fan. Not sure what one would call a person who is pleased when the team does not do well. Anyone know?

Feb 18, 2020, 12:50 PM

Yes but I Promised my mother I would never use those words. They ain’t nice.

The Mods need to dump you....***

Feb 18, 2020, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 3:53 PM

Why don't you save this for the end of the season if we don't finish well. Most of us are enjoying the recent improvement in our play and the winning results.
It doesn't really matter what you or anyone else thinks right now. Brownell us here through next season. Give it a rest. You're adding nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2020, 4:10 PM

2 out of 9 is a fact. 2 out of 10 is yet to be determined.

But what do I know? I'm just a pumper.

Feb 18, 2020, 6:36 PM

"You can scream and get upset"....

It's not the pumpers that scream and get upset. The screams you here are the "You just love mediocrity!" crowd.

Feb 19, 2020, 7:16 AM

Keep in mind he had a sweet 16 team without their best player one year after a 2 year run at the BiLo/Bons Secour Center. This is year 3 and this team is fiery despite all the injuries and youth. Last year was weird because of small schools that did not win their conference's regular season but won their conference tournament, how NCSU got home cooking to beat us in the ACC Tournament, and those 2 variables kept us out (we had the # of wins and was more so a take than NCSU and I firmly believe it was karma to the league for pushing NCSU).

We get Bahre and Honor back next year and 2 Top 100 PFs coming in to go with this team.

Funny how some want to continue to dump way past relevance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 19, 2020, 7:24 AM

He has done a poor job overall, but I fully support him returning next year. I think tbe next few years will be his best. The pieces are coming together.

Why do you care about the tournament so much?

Feb 19, 2020, 8:44 AM

I don’t understand why that is the ONLY thing that fans care about. Let me ask you something, since our tournament hopes are slim, why do you still even care about whether or not we win the rest of the way out?

Feb 19, 2020, 9:02 AM

Well, Beilein just got fired by the Cavs. He got Michigan to Final Fours with similar talent. If you had a chance to get him, you would have to consider making a change.

LOL***

Feb 19, 2020, 12:16 PM

Feb 19, 2020, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: All you brownell sunshine pumpers keep in mind ]

Sorry, I TUed you by mistake.

I wasn't gonna TD you. But your comment didn't merit response until I goofed.

You can just owe me one.

Feb 19, 2020, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: All you brownell sunshine pumpers keep in mind ]

BTW, welcome to the board.

You are wise to keep your comments benign--like that one--until you build up your points. If you participate vociferously in a controversial topic, your Pulse can drop quickly as people give you TDs.

And basketball season is definitely the most controversial season on Tigernet.

Hope to see you around.

Feb 19, 2020, 11:02 AM

If he is so bad, how did he win a world championship this past summer? And i might remind you he is Clemson Mens Basketball all time winningest coach.
Have you ever coached anything? It's not like playing x-box. The players actually have to exicute.

Sit down. Brownell is not going anywhere.

Feb 20, 2020, 10:30 AM

Just check the record. Most Clemson coaches tuck tail and run after five years. Brownell has battled, battled, and battled. I will support BB as long as he is the coach at Clemson. Clemson basketball can be what it was last Saturday against Louisville if the whiners will get on board.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 3,562
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic