Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All this talk about OU not wanting to be in the bowl last year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

All this talk about OU not wanting to be in the bowl last year.

Dec 12, 2015, 9:48 AM

They can spin it all they want to. I was there and OU was bouncing around and jawing with our players. Kind of the way Miami tried to stir the pot this year.

They are trying to find a silver lining for getting embarrassed last year but here are the facts:

- We beat them 40-6 with technically our 3rd string QB

- We have the same exact play makers in the skill positions (minus Mike Williams)

- Their defense is virtually the same squad that Cole Stoudt carved up last year.

- The almighty Baker Mayfield has looked juvenille a few times this year. Remember Texas game?

And finally but not least, when the lights are the brightest on Clemson, when shine the best.

I have all the confidence in the world that our Tigers will win on New Years eve. I'm not about making excuses but the last 4 games I believe our defense was in survial mode.

People forget, especially ESPN, that we had our bye week all the way back in September. This team has the biggest heart in the world and were able to muster up just enougt to get to 13-0, an ACC Championship, and the #1 Seed in the playoff.

Rest easy Tiger Nation, enjoy Christmas, and get ready to celebrate a victory to ring in 2016!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep... +1.***

Dec 12, 2015, 9:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All this talk about OU not wanting to be in the bowl last year.

Dec 12, 2015, 10:15 AM

Looks like the "boomer sooners" are lobbying to get into the SEC. They're at least stealing an SEC excuse. According to E(SEC)PN, no SEC team ever wanted to be in the games they lost. It was somehow beneath them. But then, what can we expect? They aren't "Clemson." Go Tigers! 15 - 0!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2015, 10:16 AM

The "want to" is part of the make-up of a great team. If they didn't want to be there, then it's a testament to their program and their coaches. Proud to be a Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly--and anyone should be embarrassed to use that

Dec 12, 2015, 11:05 AM

as an excuse.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

but their while team was hurt. Didn't you know?

Dec 12, 2015, 11:13 AM

Their team hotel was actually a hospital...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They especially didn't want to be there

Dec 12, 2015, 11:23 AM

after they got their butts kicked! A bama fan said that to me a few days ago re. the LSU game, and I said "I totally understand; Clemson would have much preferred the Orange Bowl against a higher ranked team, but we just play to win no matter where we go bowling. It's a pride and integrity thing."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A team that didn't want the be there?

Dec 12, 2015, 11:29 AM

They dropped like flies in the 4th quarter from exhaustion and cramps. That sounds like a lot of effort for a team that didn't want to be there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What all the media forgets about the CFA bowl

Dec 12, 2015, 11:37 AM [ in reply to They especially didn't want to be there ]

is that LSU was up 9 in the 4th, at what time did they decide they didn't want to be there?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Not Wanting to Play In a Bowl Tells Me Everything I Need to

Dec 12, 2015, 11:32 AM

Know. It Means Stoops is WEAK of Character, His Players Are Soft And They Will Get Wrecked Again This Year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you realy think Miami wanted to be there....

Dec 12, 2015, 11:32 AM

the second half.....

Dec 12, 2015, 6:40 PM

> They can spin it all they want to. I was there and OU
> was bouncing around and jawing with our players. Kind
> of the way Miami tried to stir the pot this year.
>
> They are trying to find a silver lining for getting
> embarrassed last year but here are the facts:
>
> - We beat them 40-6 with technically our 3rd string
> QB
>
> - We have the same exact play makers in the skill
> positions (minus Mike Williams)
>
> - Their defense is virtually the same squad that Cole
> Stoudt carved up last year.
>
> - The almighty Baker Mayfield has looked juvenille a
> few times this year. Remember Texas game?
>
> And finally but not least, when the lights are the
> brightest on Clemson, when shine the best.
>
> I have all the confidence in the world that our
> Tigers will win on New Years eve. I'm not about
> making excuses but the last 4 games I believe our
> defense was in survial mode.
>
> People forget, especially ESPN, that we had our bye
> week all the way back in September. This team has the
> biggest heart in the world and were able to muster up
> just enougt to get to 13-0, an ACC Championship, and
> the #1 Seed in the playoff.
>
> Rest easy Tiger Nation, enjoy Christmas, and get
> ready to celebrate a victory to ring in 2016!
>
> Go Tigers!

THere is no silver lining in last year's game. OU was not good last year, they won 8 games and were lucky to do so, especially since they had no qb all year and was just Perine.

This is not the same defense, some of the same players but not the same defense at all. All our best players last year on d were mostly freshman and they are actually pretty decent now. For example they gave up 35+ points four times last year, and this year just once. three different qbs had their career game against them. They were #117 in the country against the pass. This year giving up 201 ypg through the air, especially playing big 12 offenses thats impressive.

What games did Mayfield look juvenile in? vs txas? he was 20-27 for for 211 yards and a td. They lost by 1 td, that's not juvenile that's just not a heisman game. THey got flat out beat that game but clearly have learned from it. 21 td to 2 int since then, looking good. Nothing wrong with having confidence, but it's just clear to anyone who watched OU last year this is not the same team as last year and both teams are in the playoff for a reason, will be an awesome game.

Dec 12, 2015, 6:44 PM

Yea a friend of mine a Ohio st fan said same thing oh we don't get up for bowls like this. Its not the nc. Told him to f off you know that's b.s. Smdh

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic