Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
9-3
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

9-3

May 6, 2017, 9:08 AM

I think this football team could go 11-1. But if dabo plays musical chairs at QB position. Its likely to cost us some games possibly 9-3. Dani is determined he's gonna start KB rather he's the best or not. Dabos loyalty to upper classmen concerns me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All reports coming from spring practice,from the actual

May 6, 2017, 9:14 AM

players was that Bryant was a freak that couldn't be caught. I'll take the opinion of a National Championship winning coach and players on a National Championship team over any Keyboard Warrior any day of the week.

Re: All reports coming from spring practice,from the actual

May 6, 2017, 9:25 AM

You mean "Keyboard Coot Warrior"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All reports coming from spring practice,from the actual

May 6, 2017, 10:38 AM

Ok I don't agree with the guy but man I am so tired of people on this board calling ppl coots just bc they don't agree with Dabo or think something might be a problem. Man I'm so tired of hearing ppl be called a coot for having an opinion. Calling me a coot is a spit in my face so I can't stand it when I see it all over boards bc one guy has a thought that might not be positive he's not a dang coot. As a clemson fan that's the biggest slap in the face you can do we are all tiger fans here you can tel the real coots bc they just yap like little lap dogs and use words like Clemsux or some dumb crap like that or they have barely any points and low pulse

If you are gullible enough to think everyone on here is a

May 6, 2017, 11:16 AM

Clemson fan please don't accept any phone calls from Nigeria.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you are gullible enough to think everyone on here is a

May 6, 2017, 11:56 AM

I know there are coots here but ppl call someone a coot who obviously isn't one since they have high numbers and good pulse ratings is what I can't stand. It's not hard to see the real coots on tnet boards. I just hate that if someone disagrees with Dabo or something they are called a coot it's a slap in the face as a real clemson fan

Re: If you are gullible enough to think everyone on here is a

May 6, 2017, 1:12 PM

COO..........L??

I agree!***

May 6, 2017, 1:17 PM [ in reply to Re: All reports coming from spring practice,from the actual ]

Well he's not faster than LJ of L'ville

May 6, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to All reports coming from spring practice,from the actual ]

he couldn't be caught either. They lost 3 or 4 games. Elite teams must have balance.

Dabo & Staff CHOSE KB over LJ***

May 6, 2017, 3:43 PM

Re: 9-3

May 6, 2017, 9:14 AM

You are not alone. Seems to me he's trying to fit a square peg in a round hole!! Hope I'm wrong but I share the very same concerns!!

R U A coot 2

May 6, 2017, 9:27 AM

jes wandering

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: R U A coot 2

May 6, 2017, 11:27 AM

Yes James is in fact another dirt ###### pretneding to be a Clemson fan.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 6, 2017, 2:12 PM

Is everyone who disagrees with your views a coot? That's ridiculous. I see his point. We are a passing first offense now with running second. Kelly is most likely to run before looking for second or third receivers. Are you willing to change this offense to suit Kelly? Georgia coaches could say to Lawrence that we were changing our offense and to suit one person and sway him to Georgia.

May 6, 2017, 2:15 PM

Nope not everyone just losers like you who are transparent.

The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson.

May 6, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: 9-3 ]

Thats the sole reason any of you "Dabo starts experience over talent" guys say that. I didn't hear it when Hyatt started as a true freshmen. I didn't hear it when Dexter started as a true freshmen. If Mackensie wouldn't have gotten hurt his freshmen year he would have started. And there are many more examples of talent starting over experience. So the only example is a senior QB who had been in the system for years compared to a true freshmen who had been there a couple months. Lets not act like after Watson's first series against Georgia he continued to move the offense up and down the field. Dabo gave Watson EVERY opportunity to take the job that first game and he didn't. So 2 games later against FSU Watson did take it over. I am sure Dabo is sorry for offending you about starting Stoudt for 3 games before Watson took the gig over. And its the same situation this year. You have a guy that knows the system like the back of his hand and understands which means he plays looser and faster compared to a couple freshmen, one true one red. So if you actually use your head and think about it it isn't very hard to understand why Bryant would be the starter if the season started today. My goodness I wish some of you would get over yourselves. Obviously you're not as smart as you think you are and your concerns fall on deaf ears.

Re: The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson.

May 6, 2017, 9:44 AM

Is experimenting at qb worth an Auburn or Louisville loss?

Watson had the opportunity to take the game over in the 2nd

May 6, 2017, 9:47 AM

half and couldn't do it.

Re: Watson had the opportunity to take the game over in the 2nd

May 6, 2017, 11:51 AM

That's a ridiculous statement. In the Georgia game, Watson got 4 series, all spread out and never back to back. There's no way of knowing if he could have produced enough offense to win that game because 4 drives spread out through the whole game is just not enough for us to tell. Stoudt had around what, 15 series? And most of them back to back so he could potentially get in a rhythm.

after DW4's amazing 1st TD, Stoudt came back in. Sad.

May 6, 2017, 1:51 PM

But maybe Dabo has learned from that and wouldn't repeat it. Keeping gun shy Kyle Parker in the USF bowl game with Tajh champing at the bit is another example. Tajh came in too late to save the day.

We as fans want to win. I'm sure the coaches want to win too, but they are also in the business of developing young men. So, sometimes the chance of a loss in a mere sporting event isn't what they focus on. Providing a chance to fulfill a dream is a life lesson that pays greater dividends than just another win. That's why some people think Dabo might start Bryant, even if Johnson is quantifiably better, to give him the opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 6, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

> Is experimenting at qb worth an Auburn or Louisville
> loss?

Wondering who will be your QB if Bentley gets hurt?

May 6, 2017, 9:59 AM

I'm all Tiger! Remember when Malzahn played Multiple qbs last year? How did that work out? Kelly has been tutored by a good qb coach for years . He should be much improved in the passing game. If he's not,it's on him. Clemsons toughest games are early. After Va Tech only FSU remains and it's at home. We can't afford slip ups in September and make the playoffs. Find the closest to Watsons skills and stick with him.

Clemson could lose to Auburn

May 6, 2017, 10:08 AM

and either UofL or VT(not that either one of those 2 will be as good as they were last year),,beat FSU, finish season 10-2, win the ACCC and make the playoff as an 11-2 team ,over an 11-1 FSU. After the OSU debacle last year, a team that doesn't win it's conference is not gettin' in.

Re: Clemson could lose to Auburn

May 6, 2017, 10:19 AM

Auburn will be the toughest of the September games. They finally have a real qb who can run a Malzahn offense. What worries me is that the staff won't have settled on a qb by then.

who's your qb when bieber goes down cocklover? answer now***

May 6, 2017, 10:20 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: who's your qb when bieber goes down cocklover? answer now***

May 6, 2017, 11:07 AM

Calling people names because you dont agree with them is wrong. Our first major opponent went though qb tryouts before they settled on one. I'm all Tiger. Bryant went to my high school. I would love to see him succeed at Clemson. His throwing motion was ackward in high school. I hope BS has made him better . Change the offense to suit Bryant? No! Why is Trevor Lawrence coming to Clemson? It's not to run the football. Give all the qbs an equal shot running this offense and see who comes out on top.

^^cocklover***

May 6, 2017, 1:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Re: who's your qb when bieber goes down cocklover? answer now***

May 6, 2017, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: who's your qb when bieber goes down cocklover? answer now*** ]

hey coachmac do you know who ramon robinson is. no fair googling

i wood have said it was nat

May 6, 2017, 1:56 PM

but she's even too stoopid to be nat - how is that even possible??

May 6, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

thats a great question pu$$y - answer it. who is your qb for your 5 win season if bieber goes down?

May 6, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

You are fooling no one.

May 6, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

Goodness! It is not an experiment. Dabo has four quarterbacks. He has watched them in practice. He knows their strengths and weaknesses. Dabo has also proven that he learns from his mistakes. He will play the quarterback that he (and his staff) thinks gives us the best chance of winning the game. He is a fiercely competitive person, he will not make decisions that he thinks will jeopardize winning a game.

Seriously, stop the hand wringing and enjoy the coming season. It probably wont end in an undefeated season and a national championship. As Dabo says, winning football games is hard.

May 6, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

Watson was a true freshman coming off an injury, Didnt even partipate in spring practice that year. Maybe Cole was just more consistent than Deshaun at the time and gave us a better chance to win. But what does Dabo know, he's only won 2 ACC titles, 2 playoff appearances, and a National title.

May 6, 2017, 9:49 AM [ in reply to The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

"gave Watson EVERY opportunity to take the job"- LOL please explain what every opportunity is. Coming in and throwing a TD and never seeing the field again, is that your idea of opportunity

May 6, 2017, 10:44 AM [ in reply to The only example of that happening is Stoudt over Watson. ]

I agree some but were we watching the same Georgia game? After DW hit 2 perfect passes one being a great TD then he gets taken out until 4th when game had already changed to Georgia he didn't give DW EVERY opportunity to take over at Georgia? That is just wrong go back and watch he should have left DW in after that beautiful td pass. But he kept cole in. So no he didn't give him EVERY opporunity to take over at Georgia but I agree with your other points and no I'm not a coot.

A Square Peg Easily Fits in a Round Hole

May 6, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: 9-3 ]

if the hole is big enough.

OL play will help with this tremendously.

"Tiger" Jane

May 6, 2017, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: 9-3 ]

Is most definitely a coot. He doesn't even attempt to hide his feathers

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

May 6, 2017, 9:33 AM

I share those same concerns. Cole Stoudt comes to mind first.

If its that big of a concern name some more examples?

May 6, 2017, 9:44 AM

nm

yes please

May 6, 2017, 9:48 AM [ in reply to Re: 9-3 ]

share with the bored this vast array of knowledge and concerns. the coach doesn't need your help cocklover. he will do as he ### well pleases on what he feels is best for this team to win. and btw idiot, how anyone on this bored could even fathom a qb pick shows just how f'n stupid they are

Should be concerned that Bentley is your starting QB.***

May 6, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Re: 9-3 ]

May 6, 2017, 11:29 AM [ in reply to Re: 9-3 ]

Tiger Michael You are fooling no one you are a pathetic #### loving troll who spends 90% of his posts either trashing KB or our basketball program in order to stir the pot.

You make an asinine over the top positive post once in a blue moon but that is easy to see through due to the fact it has been done here over and over again.

You are easy to read.

Like Watson only playing a couple of series in the

May 6, 2017, 9:43 AM

opener at Georgia in 2014. HE had been on campus since January. No reason he shouldn't have started and had most of the series that game.

Dabo gave Watson every opportunity in the UGA game

May 6, 2017, 9:45 AM

and Watson couldn't take it over.

Re: Dabo gave Watson every opportunity in the UGA game

May 6, 2017, 10:20 AM

Watson was 2-4 in the UGA game and it was all on one drive what in the #### are you talking about? Dabo had to play Cole cause he promised his daddy he would let his boy play, and he sucked. So Dabo turned to the true freshmen against in the 2nd half of FSU and almost pulled off the win. Stouts should have never been a starting QB, that team lost to UGA and FSU because of 3 and out Stoudt. You can't keep sending your D on the field with no hope of getting any points from your offense. Dabo has learned from it, it won't happen again

Re: Dabo gave Watson every opportunity in the UGA game

May 6, 2017, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Dabo gave Watson every opportunity in the UGA game ]

I would really like for you to explain how Dabo gave him every chance to take it over, he did give him one drive for a touchdown, or are you talking about he gave Cole every chance?

That broken collar bone held DW4 up.

May 6, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Like Watson only playing a couple of series in the ]

Cole didn't lose the UGA game, those 3-4 defensive players suspended did.

Re: That broken collar bone held DW4 up.

May 6, 2017, 9:50 AM

people seem to forget about the suspensions - its always cole, cole, cole. when cole was healthy, he beat the dogsh1t out of the sooners - and thats how he will be remembered.

Stoudt played great in first half. Anyone would have

May 6, 2017, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Like Watson only playing a couple of series in the ]

given him the most snaps in 2nd half.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

56-7***

May 6, 2017, 9:48 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure I could afford another year of playoff games anyway

May 6, 2017, 9:56 AM

maybe we need a year off to replentish the bank account. Three bowl game trips are tough to absorb every season ;)

May 6, 2017, 10:10 AM

I wonder, among all these Internet coaches, how many millions are they paid to make these decisions? How many conference titles have they won coaching? How many prime time ESPN games have they won? Asking for that one friend everyone has ;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Concerns me if a guy named Dani has a say in who our QB is.

May 6, 2017, 10:17 AM

Otherwise you sound like a Coot.

"you tell 'em coot!"

May 6, 2017, 11:09 AM

cluck cluck cluck! this OP smells of POULTRY!

May 6, 2017, 11:14 AM

Well, I don't think many people worry about what concerns you. The man just led his team to two straight national championship games, and 6 10+ win seasons in a row. I don't believe he is out to satisfy YOU specifically.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 11:15 AM

Besides, you can always tell who the coot driveby's are. They post something stupid then never come back. Rack em up!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2017, 11:26 AM

Yea, me too, it's obvious to everyone that Dabo doesn't know what he's doing. Why in the world don't they fire him?

May 6, 2017, 11:30 AM

All I can say is this season is important to keep that staying power.
We have 3 tough games and except FSU should have better talent all over the field.
There is really no excuse to lose more than 2 games.
Losing DW is a big loss but if the Tigers can not stay in that elite group.
Maybe just maybe DW was the big difference.
The Coaching staff will have to do more than just let Watson go out and make plays.

May 6, 2017, 11:30 AM

OP like Tigerjames and Tiger Michael smells strongly of chicken ####.

May 6, 2017, 11:54 AM

Enough name calling!

^^cocklover***

May 6, 2017, 1:53 PM

Re: ^^cocklover***

May 6, 2017, 1:59 PM

I'm all Tiger. Just beat Auburn and Louisville early and win the ACC again. Whichever quarterback can lead is there is fine.

ok #### - peck peck peck***

May 6, 2017, 2:03 PM

Cole Stoudt

May 6, 2017, 12:58 PM

Played with guts and determination all year, thru injury. Could have been a very bad year without him. Proved himself as an MVP after some time to heal vs. Okla-dam-homa.

Re: Cole Stoudt

It was a bad year by our standards. Eight or nine wins get you adulation at most schools. We joined the Alabama and Ohio States of the world when we won the natty last January. Nine wins don't cut it at Alabama. Neither should it at Clemson.

^^cocklover***

May 6, 2017, 2:51 PM

Call people names! I question fans on here that don't see what is happening. Have you guys listened to or read some of the stuff being written about us? They expect us to make major strides backwards. Alabama lost a lot but still getting respect. Despite winning a natty, we are given slim chances of making the playoffs. That's why the finding the right qb is so important. Auburn could bring College Gameday to Clemson. Winning big games early solidifies our elite status.

blah blah blah cocklover

May 6, 2017, 3:28 PM

no one buys what you're selling

May 6, 2017, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^cocklover*** ]

You are fooling no one loser.

May 6, 2017, 1:05 PM

The best QB will start against Kent St. How many ACC and National titles does Dabo have to win to get fanc to stop questioning him?
I don't see anyway in hell this team isnt in the hunt for another ACC championship and a spot in the playoffs. Maybe people will start to believe after we put a beatdown on Auburn.

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic