Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TV coverage
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

TV coverage

Jun 20, 2017, 3:19 PM

The wife and I have been pondering doing away with cable and going with Roku or some other streaming service (we already have an Amazon prime subscription). My one hangup is that I don't want to risk losing the ability to watch the Tigers on Saturday. Anyone with a setup like that know how many of our games are streamed in some fashion online, or how I could best go about watching before I cut the cable?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of them are streamed is some fashion

Jun 20, 2017, 3:40 PM

check Kodi.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Re: All of them are streamed is some fashion

Jun 20, 2017, 4:41 PM

Exodus through Kodie has thousand of free moves from what ever year they were made all the way up to movies that just hit the theaters. The $69-$89 dollar fire stick depending who you buy it from is the better box. It's better than Roru or the cheaper $39 dollar fire stick IMO. I cancelled all my premium channels from my cable provider, and I just have basic cable/internet using the fire stick. And I get to watch what ever movie for free, even the ones that just came out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of them are streamed is some fashion

Jun 20, 2017, 7:41 PM

Thanks guys. I'll keep checking into things and make a call.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you still have to pay for...

Jun 20, 2017, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: All of them are streamed is some fashion ]

...ESPN in some form (be it basic cable or SlingTV or whatever) to be able to watch ESPN TV channels or ESPN3 streaming online. Many of our games are on ESPN in some form, so that would be a deal breaker for me. I keep my cable subscription for this reason only.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: TV coverage

Jun 20, 2017, 10:04 PM

Sony Vue's $35 per month plan gets all the sports channels I need (Access to the WatchESPN and FOX GO Apps). And the Comedy Channel (SEC Channel)...also, the B1G Networks, NFL, Foxes, ESPiNs, NBAs...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic