Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All of the rude comments directed at Kirk are totally unnecessary.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

All of the rude comments directed at Kirk are totally unnecessary.

Dec 2, 2018, 6:22 AM

We’re better than this. His sons are going to be Tigers.

Besides which Georgia is not getting in. The committee looks at THE BODY OF WORK and not one game played last night. LSU blew them out. They are a TWO LOSS TEAM. One man’s opinion doesn’t change that fact. ESPN is not on the committee. End of story.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All of the rude comments directed at Kirk are totally unnecessary.

Dec 2, 2018, 6:59 AM

I didn't comment on Herbie's prediction, but I'm almost positive he expected those comments from other schools when he made it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Dec 2, 2018, 7:54 AM

I agree. I'm saving my rude comments for Mack Brown. I'm going to enjoy what we do to his annoying self next year when we play.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 7:59 AM

Agree. Unfortunately (imho), it has become the norm to demonize anyone that you disagree with.

I’m thinking (as someone else pointed out) it has added some drama to the CFP show later today. And you have to hand it to Kirby. He has taken a position that is NOT going to ‘endear’ him with 031O State fans!

Just the same - a FOUR HOUR show for the CFP selection?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:24 AM

^^I'm sure you meant 'Kirk' instead of 'Kirby'. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 8:22 AM

No - he's gonna get rude comments from plenty of people, not just t-net or CLEMSON fans. Good grief man, he moved UGA all the way up to #3 so Bama does not have to play UGA again. And in the same breath to include ND is just beyond stupid. ND has beaten NOBODY with a great record. NONE. OU and OSU deserve to be in more than ND. Those 2 teams actually earned the right to be there. ND is a spoiled brat that is entitled without paying the price. If UGA gets in the CFP, I hope the entire football universe rises up against Kirk and his ESPN co-horts that support that crap. EVERYONE knows that ESPN is all about the SEC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate ESPN’s love fest for the SEC but they are not on the committee.

Dec 2, 2018, 8:58 AM

Kirk is just doing his job which to create ratings and clicks. The goal of the playoff is to produce an undisputed national champion. The bottom line is that UGA lost their first round postseason game last night. They’re out. We don’t need to see a rematch. Other teams like us need to have a shot. I agree that ND is garbage and OU is likely not as good as UGA but the bottom line is ND is undefeated. OU is a one loss conference champ. We need to see if either us or one of them can knock off Bama. We don’t know until the games or played. What we do know is that UGA couldn’t do it. That is settled and I don’t need to see it again. The last thing the playoff needs is to be redundant when ND and Clemson are undefeated and there are two other one loss conference champs out there vying for the fourth spot. I’m almost 100% certain that is the way the committee will see it as well.

So I agree with you. His argument is asinine but he’s just doing his job. ND is undefeated. They will get in whether they are actually a top 4 team or not and I think they should. My guess is that Urban and Kirby will be whining for years about the committee’s selection.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic