Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Best QB in the country? It's Watson, but he lets his play do the talking
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Best QB in the country? It's Watson, but he lets his play do the talking

Jul 23, 2016, 7:01 AM

Best QB in the country? It's Watson, but he lets his play do the talking

With apologies to former Clemson quarterback Chad Kelly, the best college quarterback in the country was in Charlotte Friday morning, and he's quickly becoming the face of college football. Photo by Jeremy Brevard / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ultimate class act. NFL teams are drooling over

Jul 23, 2016, 7:12 AM

getting a guy like Deshaun. Great player, great person, ready to be the face of the franchise.

"Chad's supposed to say that"

Jul 23, 2016, 7:17 AM

That's the classiest thing to ever come out of the mouth of a college athlete... or maybe a college student period.

Chad thinks if he says it enough.....

Jul 23, 2016, 7:20 AM

someone else might actually start believing it other than himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Chad thinks if he says it enough.....

Jul 23, 2016, 7:31 AM

Lol. He probably has a country remix of his rap song about himself coming out this fall.

We can only hope.***

Jul 23, 2016, 4:06 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Best QB in the country? It's Watson, but he lets his play do the talking

Jul 23, 2016, 8:14 AM

It's very hard for athletes that play in the most violent game in all of sports, to remain as classy as DW4 is every single day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Best QB in the country? It's Watson, but he lets his play do the talking

Jul 23, 2016, 8:19 AM

* All of the Team Sports

And I totally agree.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: New Story: Best QB in the world? It's Watson

Jul 23, 2016, 8:26 AM

No doubt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All-Time Clemson Understated Trio - Two 4s and CJ

Jul 23, 2016, 9:00 AM

I am old enough to have been fortunate enough to have seen 3 great Clemson players play who, when they walked on the field, they were always clearly the best player on either team but when they got off the field, they were humble, unassuming, and the best role models you can imagine. I'm talking about DW4, the original #4 - Steve Fuller - and CJ. Enjoy this last year of watching Deshaun in the Valley, but then watch what he does on and off the field when he goes to the next level and then when his football days are over, watch the man that he will have become. I remember what a shock it was to the Clemson world that #4 actually would participate in and sing/dance (if you can call it that) in the Bear's Super Bowl Shuffle video. Completely out of character for Mr. Fuller but fun. And, I was fortunate enough to have a seat next to CJ on a plane one time. He spoke with me like we had been friends for years. I only wish that the ride had been longer. CJ is the most unassuming person I have ever met. I expect that if I am ever fortunate enough to spend time with DW4, he will be the same way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All-Time Clemson Understated Trio - Two 4s and CJ

Jul 23, 2016, 9:13 AM

It's not a coincidence that Coach Swinney was the mentor for 2 of the 3 you mentioned. He is not only a great coach but he is a remarkable role model for these young men. Well done Deshaun and and coach Swinney, you make Tiger Nation very proud.

Re: All-Time Clemson Understated Trio - Two 4s and CJ

Jul 23, 2016, 9:22 AM

He and his staff have been. However, those guys were like that when they stepped on campus. They had some great families. Dabo and crew seem to look for that.

Jul 23, 2016, 9:25 AM

Hyperimpressed with his comment on Chad. Decades more mature. I hope Chad grows up some, but ultimately his childishness will limit him to being an underachiever relative to his physical gifts.

Jul 23, 2016, 9:41 AM

I couldn't be more proud if he were my own son. DW4 is the type of young man that I hope and pray my boys will become one day. He is wise beyond his years and seems to know exactly the right thing to say. Yet, it is genuine, not rehearsed or coached. I'm glad nobody stuck a microphone in my face at 19. Thank you DW4 for representing Clemson in a classy way, and thank you Ms. Watson for all you did to make him the man he is. Great job!

Jul 23, 2016, 11:22 AM

I would be remiss if I didn't add to all of the well-deserved accolades posted here about our amazing QB. From a female perspective, I can't help but think of that song "Every Girl's Crazy about a Sharp Dressed Man."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic