Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All The Pressure On LSU!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

All The Pressure On LSU!

Jan 6, 2020, 12:36 PM

To listen to most of the analyst/experts/ESPN heads who are so enamored with the LSU offense that they have forgotten the game of football isn't just offense. Clemson in their collective minds - had may as well not even show up.

Would most of you agree all the pressure to win is on LSU? Usually, it would have been the 29 - 0 since it's last defeat - defending National Champions - but because of how they have built LSU up - "it's all on them"!

If LSU were to win -- no big deal - they were supposed to right?
If Clemson were to lose consequently - they tried - but Burrow and LSU were just too much!

If Clemson were to win - "they would call it a miracle"!
If LSU lost - "Clemson was fresher, didn't play nobody, 29 more excuses"!

The Bayou Bengals had better hope this isn't a close game b/c some of their guys haven't really had to deal with it under pressure. Maybe they handle it: Maybe they don't. I've seen it happen when guys can't handle it as much as I have seen it handled well.
But, to sum it all up, Clemson has nothing to lose from a National analyst stand point as we are a clear dog in this game.

Agree? Disagree?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hmmm...

Jan 6, 2020, 12:37 PM

back-to-back undefeated seasons would be HUGE...

however, Dabo will have our guys loose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would Dabo intentionally have our guys loose the NCG?

Jan 6, 2020, 12:42 PM

You must be a Coot or something

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Why would Dabo intentionally have our guys loose the NCG?

Jan 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Why would Dabo intentionally have our guys loose the NCG? ]

Is this one of them homophones I keep hearing about?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 4:12 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 9:45 PM

Yes there is something very wrong with that......Go Tigers!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hmmm...

Jan 6, 2020, 12:48 PM [ in reply to hmmm... ]

I would agree normally franc1968® But - being such an overwhelming underdog in this game one could easily see how no one would go: "Clemson failed to secure make the lay up"! Nobody will say that.
To let the analyst and people on TV tell it - "it's just a matter of procedure" that LSU wins it. So, Clemson will go down as just the team that had to show up to complete the "going through of the motion process"!

I don't believe the Tigers show up with the mindset they are "just happy to be there though"! I think they find a way and get it done "against all odds apparently"!

I know the narrative by now and have decided not to watch another second of build up for the game. Just spot the ball and I'll be there watching. Because, even the folks on the tube who say you can't underestimate Clemson, don't seem to have full conviction in what they are saying. Seems to be more promotional fodder than anything else.

As a CU Tigers fan I expect to win! The rest of the nation by now probably expect LSU to torch us like they did Oklahoma. And Georgia. Nobody outside of CU Tigers nation is giving us much of a chance; so all the pressure to full fill that thought process is all on the Bayou Bengals.

Re: All The Pressure On LSU!

Jan 6, 2020, 12:46 PM

There is going to be pro SEC narrative no matter what happens.

We win = because LSU was tired and we were fresh. One would think that this is the only game we played all year by listening to the shills.

LSU wins = they will be heralded as the greatest team in the history of CFB.

So predictable.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:47 PM

I agree. Clemson has little to prove, other than being one of the greatest teams of all time. But Clemson will be back again. LSU? This may easily be a one and out for them. Lose and they can say bye bye to a Natty for some time. Yes, the media is putting extra pressure on the SEC darling, bless their bayou hearts.

Jan 6, 2020, 12:51 PM

ddclemson said:

I agree. Clemson has little to prove, other than being one of the greatest teams of all time. But Clemson will be back again. LSU? This may easily be a one and out for them. Lose and they can say bye bye to a Natty for some time. Yes, the media is putting extra pressure on the SEC darling, bless their bayou hearts.

Exactly! Joe Burrow is done after this season. Joseph Brady will likely get an NFL gig or not be in Baton Rogue long(either way). If his offense is unstoppable he needs to be in the NFL. And, probably will be.

Jan 6, 2020, 1:08 PM

Plus, the #1 team thing in the CFP has never won it. They could be the 1st or the fact the game is in Louisiana and they are an overwhelming favorite might get to enough of their players that they start pressing!

I hope not!

Jan 6, 2020, 1:56 PM

I hope that they're feeling absolutely zero pressure, because if they've eaten the cheese and swallowed the rat poison... then they can come into the game feeling overconfident and find out what pressure is all about once our defense gets after them.

Re: I hope not!

Jan 6, 2020, 2:49 PM

Could go either way with too much pressure or very little pressure. It's the team that realizes the magnitude of the game and still is able to handle it that wins.

Re: I hope not!

Jan 6, 2020, 6:11 PM

ddclemson said:

Could go either way with too much pressure or very little pressure. It's the team that realizes the magnitude of the game and still is able to handle it that wins.

Precisely! And who at least theoretically "should" have the advantage in this area? The media darlings will be told how great they are all week for the 2nd straight week. And basically how Clemson has no shot of stopping their "unstoppable offense". What happens if they struggle though? I've seen it where if it doesn't come as easy as it has all year long; players start trying to do "extra"! Which ends up biting them. Just saying!

Totally agree the pressure is on LSU more than us.

Jan 6, 2020, 3:42 PM

Heisman, SEC, semi-final blowout, best QB season ever, juggernaut offense - best LSU season ever? And to top it off - a home game for the national championship against a lowly ACC team that's "played nobody".

To listen to their fans, nobody but nobody can hang with LSU and the game will be a blowout.

Yes. Absolutely. The pressure is on LSU big time in this game. Perfect recipe for a Clemson "upset."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Totally agree the pressure is on LSU more than us.

Jan 6, 2020, 6:23 PM

Heisman, SEC, semi-final blowout, best QB season ever, juggernaut offense - best LSU season ever? And to top it off - a home game for the national championship against a lowly ACC team that's "played nobody".

To listen to their fans, nobody but nobody can hang with LSU and the game will be a blowout.

Yes. Absolutely. The pressure is on LSU big time in this game. Perfect recipe for a Clemson "upset."

Exactly my thoughts!

If lowly ole Clemson can just manage to hang with the Bayou Bengal until the 4th qtr - I predict some players perhaps hitting the panic button. Especially if it's more of a struggle than it's been all season.
They keep talking about the LSU offense - but they are really discounting what the CU offense can do. LSU is currently higher defensively than they had been. But, are still 51st in pass defense! 51st the last I checked - which was right after the semi-finals in pass defense. Let that sink in! And besides Alabama - maybe Texas - Oklahoma had started to su^k passing the football their last 4-5 games against regular teams. They had basically reverted to being a QB run team. So, who did they play that was so good passing it that would get them to 51st against the pass? Vanderbilt? 38 pts on LSU and Vandy only averaged 14.5 ppg.
Florida? Auburn QB only had 157 yards against them; but he struggled passing it consistently against regular teams.

Remember folks - we have seen this before - Alabama blew that SEC west schedule out by 29.1 ppg season before last. 30 points they beat opponents by and TUA looked like he was unbeatable and declared the greatest college football team ever because of their offense.
Last I checked, you also have to play defense in this great American sport. Bama had a bunch of yards on us; but 16 points. And Bama - no offense to Clyde Edwards-Helaire and the other RB's - had a much better run game! None of it may mean a thing - and the experts might be right. But, I don't think so! I certainly hope they are dead wrong.
The DATA though tells me - "we have seen this play before"!

Yes, we've certainly benefited from the ignorance

Jan 6, 2020, 6:08 PM

of the media.

Jan 6, 2020, 9:13 PM

When I read that 29-0 in your post at first I thought you were quoting the Bama/LSU score from last season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 6, 2020, 9:43 PM

Yep I agree with you 100%.....I made a similar post on here several days ago.... Go Tigers!!!!!!

Jan 6, 2020, 9:50 PM

I'm not sure there is any more pressure on one team than the other. As a few people have pointed to, we have a coaching staff and large number of players that are familiar with the atmosphere and preparing for it. The 2 big games that LSU had this year, at Alabama and the Semi final, they performed well. I tend to believe that it will simply be a matter of who is the better team, but I agree that if there is an advantage it is to us.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:33 PM

Bareftn said:

I'm not sure there is any more pressure on one team than the other. As a few people have pointed to, we have a coaching staff and large number of players that are familiar with the atmosphere and preparing for it. The 2 big games that LSU had this year, at Alabama and the Semi final, they performed well. I tend to believe that it will simply be a matter of who is the better team, but I agree that if there is an advantage it is to us.

So, experience speaking, we should have the advantage based on being there last year! What I am getting at with this thread is more about the fact: LSU is a heavy favorite and are at home!

I disagree there is not more pressure on LSU. They are "AT HOME". "HEAVY FAVORITES" and nobody expects Clemson to be able to hang with them. So anything Clemson does is positive.

I happen to think - we shock many people who tune into the game! Not because we have experience handling all the media and questions leading up to the National Championship game! Not because of anything other than we are a dang good team ourselves!
Which, my friend, is where it's different. I am sure LSU expects to put as many points on us as they did Oklahoma! And, are likely looking forward to styling for the 4th qtr as they soak in their impending victory. Pressure is - if it's close - and you are Clemson - per the experts we should be tickled pink if it's close late in the game. LSU on the other hand will likely be trying to figure out why they aren't up 6 TD's and why everything that worked so well is now being challenged. Perhaps you get some guys who start to press.

I can see it happening if the game is close like I expect. So, a bit different than what you are getting at. 80 freshmen or sophomores for Clemson means - we are early! It means we have a dang good shot at getting back b/c unless something unforseen happens - we will have a junior QB with two years experience and a whole lot of talented players around him.
There is not pressure on Clemson! The only pressure on Clemson is the pressure Clemson applies to itself to go out and be the best version of "CLEMSON"!

that's right! lil ole clemson is the underdog, not expected

Jan 6, 2020, 9:58 PM

to win, gonna go in there and kick some butt.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:36 PM

I just can't wait to see LSU and Joe Burrow fall flat on their face.

Jan 7, 2020, 1:37 PM

I feel like a lot of Clemson fans are already painting Clemson as losing so they can brag harder when they win. Same thing happened last year. Have faith in the team, they are more talented and more rested. Clemson will win by 2 scores.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic