Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings

Oct 27, 2015, 1:59 PM

Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings

Oct 27, 2015, 2:13 PM

Don't know what power rankings really mean but my top 10 ranking would be:

1. LSU
2. Ohio State
3. Baylor
4. TCU
5. Clemson
6. Michigan St.
7. Alabama
8. Stanford
9. Oklahoma St.
10 Iowa

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 2:16 PM

Get back to fgf, coot

Might want to tighten some Lous' Boltz, too....***

Oct 27, 2015, 2:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings ]

Never been on FGF. Anyways, if you want to go by who has the best resume this season....LSU has the best so far.

Yeah, that 2 pt squeaker against MSU and 10 pointer against

Oct 27, 2015, 2:26 PM

Syracuse are as good of wins as you'll ever find.

Oh that's right, they did beat Florida didn't they? Where were they ranked, 8th at the time??

Where was ND again when Clemson beat them?

So, explain to me again coot who has a better win on their resume??

Re: Yeah, that 2 pt squeaker against MSU and 10 pointer against

Oct 27, 2015, 2:32 PM

Well...LSU has 3 wins over top 25 teams when they played those teams. Two of those 3 are still ranked. Clemson has only one win over a top 25 team and it is the only top 25 team they played this season. Also, a top win over a top 25 team looks better than a 3 point win over a team with a losing record. I don't know why you are getting so huffy puffy that I didn't follow SI's rankings. Clemson is a top 5 team and there is no doubt about it.

Oct 27, 2015, 2:40 PM

Clemson:
a) Still has the highest ranked win between LSU's and Clemson's when they faced the respective highest team. You can't look at how the polls over-ranked an obvious bad Auburn team. 4-3 record says they didn't deserve to ever be there,
b) has a win over the team that is STILL currently ranked the highest in the current top 10.

Oct 27, 2015, 2:45 PM

#6 LSU vs #8 Florida...LSU wins
currently #4 LSU, # 11 Florida

#12 Clemson vs #6 ND...Clemson wins
currently #3 Clemson, #9 ND

Oct 27, 2015, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, that 2 pt squeaker against MSU and 10 pointer against ]

Thats why I said that LSU has beaten 3 top 25 teams but only two are currently rank. Its obvious that that the Auburn win is not impressive and that is why I'm not really taking that into consideration. Yes, Clemson has beaten a team that was ranked higher than LSU but no matter how you can spin it, a win over a top 10 team and a win over a top 25 team is better. Let me ask you this....Lets say LSU and Clemson both run the table in the regular season...who then do you believe would have the better resume by the end of the season?

Oct 27, 2015, 3:09 PM

Depends how you look at it with "running the table"...

LSU will to that point but just barely.

Clemson still has the highest win, beats a ranked Fl State, and plays a ranked ACC team in the ACC game

LSU will have Florida and Bama on their list, Ol Miss will then at that point be a 3 loss team, and then question is where does it put Florida if they beat them again? Now the Florida game doesn't look as good, and Bama would then have dropped dramatically.

Oct 27, 2015, 3:29 PM

Good discussion - lets look at it this way.

LSU beats Bama next week. Bama is ranked #7 currently but who knows if there will be an upset this weekend. So, LSU wins and that gives LSU two wins over top 10 teams. We all know that Bama will not drop that far and will not be put out of the top 15. Now, Ole Miss plays Auburn and Arkansas before they play LSU. Good chance they will when those two games and that would prob. put them close to the top 15. If that happens- LSU could possibly have 4 wins against top 25 teams. Clemson on the other hand only has one more game again a top 25 team (FSU). Now, the next topic is...how will ND fair the rest of the season? They currently have 3 top 25 teams left to play on their schedule - Temple, Pitt, and Stanford. I don't see them losing to Temple or Pitt but crazy things have happen. A lost to Temple or Pitt could then make this argument invalid. The Stanford game is the big one. Stanford is playing really good right now and if ND is not in the top 6 by the time they play and lose to Stanford...ND will like get pushed out of the top 10. So, in a sense...that win against ND doesn't look as good as it does now.

Oct 29, 2015, 11:00 AM

Wait what 3 ranked teams are you talking about? I only see 2 ranked teams LSU has played. And why MSU is ranked, I don't know. MSU's best win to date is an 8 point win over a bad Auburn team. Florida is a weak team without their 'roided up QB. LSU struggled with Syracuse... friggin' Syracuse, there's a bad program if I've ever seen one.

Alabama does NOT belong in the top 10. Every week that Ole Miss loss looks worse and worse. And Bama barely escaped a bad Tennessee team AT HOME.

Oct 27, 2015, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings ]

How so? Just because Miss St squeaked in at #25?

They've beaten so far:
nobody
Miss State (just squeaked back in the top 25, won't be there long)
Auburn (not in the top 25 anymore, 4-3)
nobody ACC basketball school
nobody
the biggest joke in the SEC
Florida (#11, after they lost a QB that was taking PED's)
C-USA little league

Oct 27, 2015, 4:22 PM

OK, get your polka dot panties out of a wad. I think we can all agree that LSU belongs in the top 4, UNLIKE Bama who they keep trying to slip back into contention. It's becoming comical.

You're an idiot***

Oct 27, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, this year is just a nightmare for them.

Oct 27, 2015, 2:47 PM

They are desperate to cause a fuss, but it's a little pathetic at this point. I'm sure they'll just give up after our November game with them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No, this year is just a nightmare for them.

Oct 27, 2015, 3:14 PM

Not causing a fuss. Some of you just get upset when someone doesn't agree or share the same opinion as you. I'm not knocking Clemson and how good they are. In fact, I see them as a playoff team but my comments was based off current resume. Yes, Clemson has a beaten a higher ranked but that is all they have done when it comes to facing top 25 teams this year. What hurts Clemson is that they play in a weak conference that doesn't have many good teams.

Oct 27, 2015, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings ]

You wreak of chicken chit

Oct 27, 2015, 3:08 PM

awww..thats cute

All SEC homers, read this please! (It's written in crayon for your understanding)

Oct 27, 2015, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings ]

SI uses a formula based on strength of schedule, sagarin rankings, quality wins. This takes into account the record of opponents as well. Clemson strength of schedule remains in the top ten. You claim Clemson had a 3 point win over a team with a losing record. Is that Louisville? Louisville hasn't been blown out by anyone except FSU. Their record isn't indicative of how talented the team is.
To your, and the rest of the college football world's love of the SEC: The ACC has a winning record against the over rated SEC dating back to last year. Clemson has beat the elite teams from the SEC. Auburn, Georgia, and LSU. Id love to play Bama!! Or, LSU again. The SEC has done nothing lately. They consist of two teams. LSU, and Bama. Other than those two, they are mediocre at best. Well, Auburn & Georgia occasionally are decent. The ACC has 4 of the top 10 defenses in the country. The ACC has more first round draft picks in the NFL than any other conference. SC is the 2nd worst team, in a pitiful division. Only Florida is a decent team on that side. The SEC gets plenty of bias, even though the decline has been evident for two years now. At one time, the SEC was the best thing going. Times have changed. FSU beat Auburn, and Ohio St CRUSHED Bama last year in the semi-final. The over rated SEC has done nothing! I cannot wait for Leonard Fournette to meet Shaq Lawson, and the rest of our defense! If they can survive Bama that is. I love the jealousy coming from the SEC homers. Jealousy is the ultimate form of flattery. I wonder what the homers will be saying after Clemson once again bests the toughest the SEC can muster? Bring 'em on. We are an equal opportunity #### kicker!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All SEC homers, read this please! (It's written in crayon for your understanding)

Oct 27, 2015, 3:50 PM

I really don't care for all the SEC hype. I think ESPN got too involved blowing it up. However, the argument can made that they were the best conference for many years and you can see it in certain years. Bama has been the most consistent but over the last ten years, 4 SEC teams have won national championships and that is more teams than the other conferences. I think other conferences are getting better each year and that has shown over the last two or three years. In the Big 10, Ohio State and Michigan St has been the top teams but other teams like Michigan and Iowa are playing good right now. In the Big 12, TCU and Baylor has done something that most people wouldn't have believed when they joined the conference and that is being better than OU and Texas. Oklahoma St. hasn't been too bad either. The ACC, Clemson and FSU has been the best two. I really thought GT would have another season like last year but they have been a disppointment but did lost some key players from last year. Duke has been a surprise but I wouldn't put them on the same level as FSU or Clemson. PAC 12 was ruled by Oregon for a few years but UCLA, Utah, and ASU is not playing all that bad. I'm still waiting for Southern Cal to make a comeback and be the top team in the conference. Arguments can be made that this conference is better than this one but the fact is that it almost changes every year.

Oct 27, 2015, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson ranked #1 in SI.com's Power Rankings ]

Now I can sleep at night knowing what you think. Tigers win out their in.

I don't get all the love for LSU.

Oct 27, 2015, 2:49 PM

Honestly, what's with it? Do they have to hype LSU for the SEC to have a possible contender? Everyone had Auburn as a contender...gone. Bama lost early to a far from great ole Miss. UGA was supposed to contend....not anymore. Tenn was a darkhorse that could be dangerous....sorry folks. Florida came out of no where but are far from stellar. A & M isn't ready either. Mizzou just plain sucks...not that much dofferent than the past 2 years but the breaks they've become accustomed to have not been there. Arkansas...no comment needed. Kentucky, Sakerlina, Vandy.....they are Kentucky, Sakerlina and Vandy. Then ther's LSU.

The LSU that played Western Kentucky at home and only led 14-7 at the half. LSU, who's secondary was torched by WKU's QB for 325 and 3 TD's. LSU that allowed 428 yards of offense to WKU. LSU that has a Kevin Steele defense which equates to no defense. LSU that has that has no QB and wins on the back of their back.

The top teams in the country that are in the hunt, LSU, Bama, Michigan St, Baylor, TCU, Ohio State and us. Of all of those I'd rather face LSU than any of them. Clemson would put a stern arsewhooping on them, shut down their only mode of offense...the running game and torch their Kevin Steele, speedbump defense.

But lime I said; it's the hype machjne to give an SEC team a place at the table. Pump LSU upfor the BAMA game. If Bama wins they get a huge bump because they beat the overrated LSU. LSU wins, they get another bump because they must be God's gift to football because they beat Bama and God, Jr. Nick Saban. Hopefully, someone wi see through the facade but its unlikely.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic