Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All In Cookout and Official visits
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

All In Cookout and Official visits

Jul 3, 2018, 9:40 AM

Mr. Hood or anyone else who can answer.

Do you think Dabo will allow any recruits/commits to use their official visit to attend the All-In Cookout?

I know he stated he would stick to the fall schedule and have players use OVs for game day visits. I think it is too early to tell, this could be a big reason why we will see 4 & 5* players committing late. As many cannot afford to visit unless it is an OV.

It seems that the cookout, one of the biggest recruiting events of the year, would be an excellent opportunity to get some guys in town. Also there is a risk of UGA "car trouble" with many other schools hosting similar weekends and allowing OVs. Either way I think Dabo finishes strong, I was just interested in your thoughts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: All In Cookout and Official visits

Jul 3, 2018, 10:14 AM

UGA solves the car trouble thing by giving really good ones a car- like they did with Herschel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 3:07 PM

And mom a house.

Jul 3, 2018, 10:42 AM

I doubt Dabo will allow this. Hosting official visits on game days in the Valley seem very important to him. I'm really looking forward to the AIC, but also a little nervous, but UGA has a huge recruiting event that same day where they're unveiling their new "West Zone" project. Hope we don't lose too many players to that event

Jul 3, 2018, 11:20 AM

That is the situation I am worried about. In the past we have had players attend other events but it has largely been based on which school they have the most prior interest in. Now with the OVs in play early, players may choose other destinations simply because they are allowed to use an OV and everything is covered by the school.

I agree with Dabo, Clemson wants the right type of player and if they are interested in Clemson they will find a way to get there. What happens when the right type of player is on the fence and never has the opportunity to see how special Clemson is.

null

Jul 3, 2018, 11:22 AM

Dabo and the staff have always been phenomenal recruiters, but with all the new changes to the recruiting landscape and format, like everything else, I think they will have to adapt and change some philoshipes (i.e official visits) to be able to maintain the standard of recruiting we've come to expect

Jul 3, 2018, 12:16 PM

Clemson does not do spring or summer officials.

Jul 3, 2018, 2:34 PM

I think I forgot this davidhood®

null

Jul 3, 2018, 3:20 PM

Dabo has said that they want to reserve all official visits for the fall because it gives recruits the opportunity to fully experience Clemson. He has also said that if a recruit isn't willing to come on an unofficial visit that they probably won't commit to Clemson.

That same sentiment probably goes for the All In Cookout as well. If a prospect isn't willing to travel for Clemson's biggest recruiting event of the year, then Clemson probably doesn't have a shot.

Hopefully, that answers your question.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 3:25 PM

Thanks David. I guess we will just have to see how the early OVs change things. One thing we can all count on, Dabo understands recruiting. He either already has it figured out or will adapt and lap the field.

null

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic