Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
All In Cookout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

All In Cookout

Jul 14, 2017, 9:02 AM

Will any highly-rated 2018 uncommitted recruits actually be in attendance at the cookout? It seems like most are attending events at other universities, and some have 7-on-7's the next day.

This is not a judgement, but it seems like our recruiting has stalled. FWIW, and it's not worth a lot, it is my opinion that the staff's "all-in" approach to Zamir White was very wrong, in that after being publicly rejected, we offered a few recruits who we didn't offer initially since they were clearly not our preferred date to the prom ... and now they're supposed to flip their commitments to other very good programs just because we're Clemson? Makes no sense. Hell! Given our OL recruiting and development, I could be a 1000 yard RB! Sad ...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just worry about what 3* will come to your Cock-out

Jul 14, 2017, 9:05 AM

Little birdy

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: You just worry about what 3* will come to your Cock-out

Jul 14, 2017, 9:18 AM

Yeah! Like I'm a lamecock fan. Right! Uh-huh!

Re: All In Cookout

Jul 14, 2017, 9:13 AM

The " it's not worth a lot" part of the statement was very insightful and noteworthy. Recognizing shortcomings and deficiencies is a first step towards overcoming them. Spurs up!

Jul 14, 2017, 9:19 AM

Objectivity sometimes hurts, doesn't it?

Not as bad as 56-7***

Jul 14, 2017, 9:20 AM

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jul 14, 2017, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: All In Cookout ]

Clearly our staff prioritized positions of need in this small class. Running back was not on the top as a must get. White was targeted early on as a premier back and one they would love to get. Outside of him, the remaining backs on our board were not an upgrade from the stable already on the roster. That being said, 2019 will be a class that we'll target 2 running backs. There are several that the staff are already recruiting and several more that they're following closely. The depth of the 2019 class far exceeds 2018.

Guess you missed Hood's report about Clemson's Staff

Jul 14, 2017, 9:22 AM

keep it's word was quite the Topic out in Beaverton @ The Opening ?

For all those that find it hard to understand how a Championship winning staff recruits, it doesn't matter, they did the right thing.they kept their word to White, offered both backs that they had already told they'd offer if Whit didn't commit, now they're fielding calls from 4 Stars like Asa Martin wanting to visit and get a Clemson offer.

Somehow,you'd think people would think before they post. When Clemson their RB in this class, posts like this will still be here to laugh at.

Re: Guess you missed Hood's report about Clemson's Staff

Jul 14, 2017, 9:36 AM

Keeping one's word is very important! I understand that. My question is why we went "all in" on him in the first place. There was no good "trap door" with that approach.

When we get to NSD, let us see then, who, among the RB's already committed to other schools, flips to Clemson. I doubt we'll see another Etienne this year, but keep in mind that we were not "all in" with any other RB last year. And yes, we may very well sign a highly-rated RB, but I'll bet it won't be one of those committed elsewhere as of this time. By obviously offering those already committed, the staff again has given itself no "trap door" ... just the chance to be re-buffed.

Perhaps my post is a bit too nuanced for many of you here.

Offering Teague and Dixon was keeping promises made to those

Jul 14, 2017, 9:55 AM

2 during recruiting. They may be happy elsewhere , that's their decision. Elliott is just making the offers he told those 2 would if White didn't commit in when he visited them in the Spring. Notice, as of now , Pledger hasn't received an offer,I could be wrong but I don't remember Elliott visiting him during the Spring eval period.

Asa Martin is fishing for an offer,will visit Monday July 17

http://247sports.com/Player/Asa-Martin-86645

Jul 14, 2017, 9:25 AM

Who is actually confirmed not to be coming besides K.J.? TN just put up a article the other day that Anthony Cook was coming to the cook out instead of going to Ohio St. event. You say these things and don't give any names.

Jul 14, 2017, 9:25 AM

Still waiting to see if Jackson Carmen (5* OT) will be coming, and I'm pretty sure the front page says 5* DB Anthony Cook will be attending.

You made the statement, provide a list of the "MOST"

Jul 14, 2017, 9:27 AM

attending other events that you claim .

We've known for 2 weeks Ross wouldn't make it because of a 7 on 7 event. We also know that he told Hood that he and his Mom already know everything that they need to know about Clemson to make their decision.

But , yes, you made the "MOST" claim, provide the evidence of your claims.

I think he is worried that some of our big targets might

Jul 14, 2017, 9:36 AM

attend the Ohio State thing...which could be a problem. If both Salyer and Jackson end up in Columbus that night, I do think the concern is justified.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

You're right

Jul 14, 2017, 9:39 AM

But you said if. The OP is making a statement that claims most aren't coming without providing names.

Tell'em Coot

Jul 14, 2017, 9:30 AM

Smfh still shaking it

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 9:30 AM

Well I think Anthony cooks is coming to the all in cookout. Who is one of top CB in the nation out of Texas. Idk what you are talking about our recruiting has stalled we just landed a top 75 overall recruit by the name of kyler McMichaels. Also due to our class not being very big numbers wise and us having a bulk of the class already in the books, we have just a handful of priority recruits left on our board! So idk where you get we are stalling out we have slayer, Carmen, ross, cooks, Henry and a rb left on the board and all those guys are 5 stars that are waiting towards the end of things to commit. Also we promised white we wouldn't recruit other RBs til he chose, it didn't work out for us but it will help us in other classes bc it showed when our staff makes a promise we stay true to our word unlike alotnof other coaches. We will be just fine in finding a good rb commit. Devon Lawerence is a very good top 250 overall prospect that we have a very good shot at so need to do a little research b4 you say we have stalled out or our coaches made a mistake. They know what they are doing. Go Tigers!!

Jul 14, 2017, 9:40 AM

Yeah! I know all of this history. Just questioning our approach to some of these recruits this year, and wondering if we haven't overplayed our hand because of the Natty? Sorry having an opinion or two that isn't consistent with the echo chamber in here. Jesus! Lighten up!

Stalled?

Jul 14, 2017, 9:43 AM

how exactly has it stalled? We have pretty much wrapped this recruiting class up. We have 5 spots open. Most of the guys we are recruiting wont commit until closer to December with maybe one or two on signing day.

I could see Cook committing soon whether that's to us or someone else.

I could see Ross committing soon.

Henry prob wont announce until December and I think we feel real good about him.

Carmen will prob be around the same time.

Salyer sometime during the fall, maybe even December himself.

others to be on the lookout for would be Tyson Campbell and Brennan Eagles.

I'd be more interested in when we sign our first '19 recruit. Our staff is concentrating on the few guys above but more than anything they have already begun laying the groundwork for a big '19 class.

Jul 14, 2017, 9:48 AM

Our recruiting is the best it's ever been..
We are the defending National Champs with the best QB and best defensive player coming in next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2017, 9:53 AM

If you're not a Coot you should comsider joining , because that post is surely the Cootiest non-coot post yet on this morning .

How do you feel when you see Clemson Tigers 2016 Football National Champions on the rear glass of a pickup truck ? Sick or nah ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

You must be 1 of 2 things....

Jul 14, 2017, 11:40 AM

1. A coot

Or

2. An idiot

Which is it?

Recruiting is fine. Staff making great progress with '19s***

Jul 14, 2017, 11:42 AM

Never again

Jul 14, 2017, 12:09 PM

Will Clemson fans take South Carolina's Football program seriously.

Will Muscoot, Jake Brentley, etc...have no chance against Dabo and Clemson. Clemson is about to win 10-in-a-row, so sit back and enjoy watching your dirty little SEC "wanna-be" football team get embarrassed and humiliated every November by their BIG brother......BIG-BAD-CLEMSON.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic