Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut?

May 8, 2019, 9:47 PM

If you can’t beat Clemson, try to steal from them. Can’t imagine this would be a good fit for Feaster.

https://alabama.rivals.com/news/could-alabama-bring-in-another-talented-back-this-offseason-

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, Feast did have that beautiful nice 25 yd run on them

May 8, 2019, 9:50 PM

Maybe they see his potential upside.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut?

May 8, 2019, 9:52 PM

They want the playbook.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

^^^this***

May 8, 2019, 10:05 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

I agree; they want the playbook!
Feaster is good; but would rotate at Alabama just like here. It would be an unintelligent decision if he choose Alabama.
Plus, in the back of his mind the whole time he would have to think, "they just trying to butter me up to get some inside information"!
If the goal is to shine and display your skills "full time" then go to say, Wisconscin! Or Michigan State. Or play your senior year at Clemson better yet!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 3:59 AM

Jonathan Taylor was the top back in the FCS last year... him heading to Wisconsin would be dumber than Bama .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 8, 2019, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

I don't buy this. Is there anything you can gather from the playbook (that running backs typically don't know much of in my experience) that you couldn't from watching video, since Alabama would have 13-14 games to watch video on, and would no doubt see all the plays. The only two things Feaster could potentially bring them would be the audible calls and the sideline calls. However, the coordinators could create new names for them easily (and I would hope would). I suspect they just want Feaster for his potential upside as a running back. I personally thought that when he got going, he was our most consistently good back because of his ability between the tackles (though ETN and LJD obviously can be great too).

Here's my opinion on the matter. I don't have an issue with him transferring. Feaster gave Clemson three years of his life. He played really hard and is second in yards per carry all time (I personally think CJ was the best running back the Tigers have had, but had no talent around him). He also graduated so he is an alum. If after all of that, he thinks going elsewhere to be the premier back is his best shot at the NFL, then I think he should do what his heart tells him. He owes Clemson nothing. That said, he did want #28, which CJ was saving for his son or family if they chose to play for Clemson. CJ let him have it with conditions. I think if he were to transfer to a couple schools: SCar, UGA, Bama, and maybe GT, it would be a slap in the face of CJ. It would be even worse for Bama, since they're a massive rival of ours now, and he wouldn't even be going to help his future, since they have more depth at RB than we do. So that's where I stand on the whole matter.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 10:41 PM

DeafOrangutan I don't think anyone disagrees with you on if Feaster has a right to transfer! It just raises an eyebrow when it's Alabama is all.
Be advised also, there are certain nuances that film doesn't pick up; that would be valuable. But, again, I don't think he would seriously ever consider Alabama.

I could see a place like N. Carolina being a place. Or BC because they feature the TB.

No issues at all about him pursuing his dream of being the man! I just want to "again" say, "thank you" Tavien Feaster for giving it your all for your time at Clemson. And, as a Clemson alum you are always welcome. And will always be a Tiger!

Good luck to Taviian!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

neither unc or bc are on the list

May 9, 2019, 2:42 AM

Texas, Alabama, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, Mississippi State and East Carolina.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: neither unc or bc are on the list

May 9, 2019, 8:15 AM

Let me start out by saying I really wish he wouldn't leave. I get it, but all the "business" of college football is crazy sometimes to think about.

In saying that, and he is set on transferring and I was looking at the schools that reached out. The place that I really see him putting up video game numbers is in Oklahoma. I have never liked OU, but I respect the heck out of Lincoln Riley's offensive mind. Also, I know VT had RB issues last season as well as being in Fuente's offense. I could see Feaster having success there.

As I said, I don't like it, but in my opinion I could see him having success at those 2 schools.

Re: neither unc or bc are on the list

May 9, 2019, 8:30 AM

He wouldn't start at OU. They have their guy. Texas maybe. Most likely I would say Miss St or VT.

May 9, 2019, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

yeah, it's called knowing the sideline boards and what they mean.

May 8, 2019, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

The options I’m seeing for him are all possible teams we can play. Virginia tech possibly acc championship. Bama and Oklahoma possible playing in the playoffs. I wish he would go to northwestern so I can watch tigers win the big 10 championship.

May 9, 2019, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

And they still won't stop us. We are just a bunch of copycats according to Saban

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 9, 2019, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

And they still won't stop us. We are just a bunch of copycats according to Saban

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 8, 2019, 9:59 PM

Nama has more RBs than we do. He will go somewhere else

May 8, 2019, 10:07 PM

FEASTER NEEDS TO STAY WITH FAMILY...THE GRASS AINT ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE..
GO TIGERS,!!

May 8, 2019, 10:12 PM

Probably germans at some point but I wonder how CJ feels about bringing his number out of retirement for feaster. He has to feel some sort of disappointment that he left and didn't compete to be the back that he was hyped to be. I always liked feaster and waited for that breakout and believed he could always be that running back. None the less I suspect we will likely never seen 28 worn ever again. Hats off to the catalyst of this natty run, Spiller the great.

May 8, 2019, 10:58 PM

Agree....Spiller the great!!!!

May 8, 2019, 10:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

Agree....Spiller the great!!!!

Agree - coldog.... Feaster had a pretty good 3 years ....

May 9, 2019, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

... in Tiger Town .... but I was hoping his senior year would be the one to put up Spiller like numbers !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 9, 2019, 8:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama trying to sign Feaster...wut? ]

Well if ETN never came Feaster may have put up Spiller numbers.

rewatching the Natty, he made some great plays for us

May 9, 2019, 8:32 AM

I understand his decision, but I hate it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic