Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama players and their cars
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 51

Alabama players and their cars

Jan 27, 2017, 4:47 PM

http://usc.247sports.com/Board/29/Contents/Alabamas-Recruiting-Dominance-Continues-Wow-50860219

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alabama players and their cars

Jan 27, 2017, 4:50 PM

One of Bama's boosters owns a Dodge dealership I believe...see a lot of Chargers/Challengers in there.

Jan 27, 2017, 4:58 PM

Nah, there is no cheating in the SEC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you saying Alabama is trying to "DODGE" the rules?

Jan 27, 2017, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Alabama players and their cars ]

SEC = Surely Everyone Cheats

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saban's son owns the car dealership

Jan 28, 2017, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama players and their cars ]

You may remember him as the bald flexer with pipe cleaner arms from last year's championship game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2017, 5:10 PM

Upside ?
No Bammers ever late for practice and it makes Nick Saban never need buy anything else but detailing packages for birthdays !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 27, 2017, 5:26 PM

Does standing beside a car make it yours? If so, tomorrow I'll be riding in a Maserati!

Maybe you and Bubba...

Jan 27, 2017, 5:52 PM

should head back to Mama's house in Greenbow and write letters to Jenny. In the real world no one believes all these guys are standing next to other people's cars as if they are their own. Now how they got those cars? Who knows? Maybe their dads bought them like my dad for me when I was in college.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This looks bad

Jan 27, 2017, 5:27 PM

Sports media is going to get a hold of this. Cars, cash, speculative comments, etc. Most high schoolers are rolling around in late model cars with a thousand dollars cash on hand. Not a good look.

Nice find.

Jan 27, 2017, 5:35 PM

Ncaa must be in the boosters pockets too.

Definitely undertones, but

Jan 27, 2017, 5:48 PM

Without evidence of ownership and how that ownership happened it's just a bunch of pictures. I know I've been in or had my picture taken with many more cars than I've owned... by a large number. Now... if the NCAA could find something that resulted in us becoming the 2015 champs as well I'm not going to complain, but this isn't enough to do that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the shocker is how many high-round draft juniors are

Jan 27, 2017, 5:53 PM

returning. Rueben Foster, a complete beast and Butkas Award winner, is one of them.

Re: the shocker is how many high-round draft juniors are

Jan 27, 2017, 6:04 PM

Isn't Foster a senior? You sure about that?

Jan 27, 2017, 6:08 PM [ in reply to the shocker is how many high-round draft juniors are ]

Yea pretty sure you are wrong on this. Foster was a senior in 2016. He is done.

Jan 27, 2017, 11:38 PM

I think he meant the fact he returned for his senior season.

Jan 27, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to the shocker is how many high-round draft juniors are ]

Why take a pay cut to go to the NFL before they have to?

null

Jan 27, 2017, 6:12 PM

BTW, is tied for 103rd best University good?

null

Jan 28, 2017, 11:37 AM

> BTW, is tied for 103rd best University good?

Clemson is #23.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2017, 11:44 AM [ in reply to the shocker is how many high-round draft juniors are ]

Foster declared

How did all of this work out for The Tide this year

Jan 27, 2017, 6:13 PM

Clemson Busted Their A$$ES.....

GO TIGERS!!!

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

look here

Jan 27, 2017, 6:13 PM

every 1 buys into mark may crying about scholarship players not having any money.

Total BS.

I had a friend in HS is was well off and smart. HIs parents had a college fdun for him. When he got a scholarship he used his college fun money to buy a BMW.

The football players likely qualify for grants and definitely can get student loans. It inst out of the realm of possibility to get monies and buy stuff, especially if they are good with their monies.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: look here

Jan 28, 2017, 11:51 AM

Interesting....I never really considered that any of the scholarship players might get student loans too. I guess when they hit the NFL there is no worry about how they will pay back those loans. This explains to me how players pay for those insurance policies that have to be crazy expensive.

Jan 28, 2017, 6:46 AM

Someone has done a lot of work to pull all that together and maybe they don't all own all those cars but does look a little suspicious.

his argument about players returning is a little weak.

Jan 28, 2017, 8:07 AM

these guys could be making millions going into the draft. Bama has a lot of money floating around, but they couldn't possibly pay these guys enough to keep them for another season if the players were gonna get taken in the first couple of rounds.

Jan 28, 2017, 11:41 AM

Anyone who feels some type of way about this isn't thinking clearly. They make the university MILLIONS. Why can't they drive around In something nice? I think Saban owns a Mercedes dealership anyway.

Jan 28, 2017, 11:58 AM

Do dealers not control the price of a lease? If so can they not set the lease price at say $50 a month and make it completely legal?

Strange, they bragged about being the 103rd best university***

Jan 28, 2017, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2017, 12:05 PM

I haven't seen anyone on this thread mention the car DW drove around campus. What about Eric MacLain car? Do Clemson players get a pass?

Jan 28, 2017, 12:18 PM

The way I understand this works - and maybe someone here with more insight can correct me - is insurance. Basically all the NFL probables get a 1 or 2 million dollar insurance policy against injury. If they get injured to the point it keeps them out of the NFL, they get the value of the policy. If they don't get injured and go into the NFL, they get a couple of million dollars anyway. Therefore, they have really good credit scores and can buy cars and or homes from friendly boosters with balloon payment terms.

Replies: 28
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic