Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alabama or Georgia - who deserves higher?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,055

Alabama or Georgia - who deserves higher?

Nov 13, 2019, 9:24 AM

I feel like I see people saying Committee got it all wrong bc Georgia doesn’t deserve to be 4, but others saying it would be rigged if Alabama stayed in the top 4 - so which is it? Ultimately, it doesn’t matter due to remaining games, but I feel like there’s a certain segment of people who will never be happy. Top 3 are pretty clear. 4-7 will play out over a few weeks with lots of movement anyways.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Minnesota deserves to be #4

Nov 13, 2019, 9:30 AM

They are undefeated and beat the previous #4. Oregon should be #5.

The whole thing is designed to get 2 SEC teams in. I am pulling for Auburn to keep that from happening.

I think Minn is still viewed as slightly a pretender,

Nov 13, 2019, 9:33 AM

And will be until they play OSU. Win against them and you’re for real. Problem is you have others on this board saying they’re overrated at 7 bc they’ve barely beaten a few crappy teams early in the season. I for one think 7 is about right, balancing those 2 views. Beat OSU and they’re instantly top 4

Re: Alabama or Georgia - who deserves higher?

Nov 13, 2019, 9:34 AM

Bama 100%. Only lost to #1 in competitive game with an injured QB. Has beaten everyone else on their schedule convincingly. Georgia, on the other hand, lost at home to a terrible Scar. That loss was so bad it mitigates the win over Fl and ND.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st wins - the same 2nd championships - none yet

Nov 13, 2019, 9:36 AM

3rd common opponents the coots Bama ahead 4th the eye test the committee is effin blind

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 9:37 AM

Who cares where they are now? It is meaningless. Georgia has to win out to be in.

this is the correct answer haha.

Nov 13, 2019, 9:46 AM

It really doesn’t matter. Just funny to see people so up in arms at this point

Nov 13, 2019, 9:39 AM

Gaga's time in the top 4 will be short-lived.
I doubt they will beat Awbern but if they do,
LSU will settle that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2019, 9:40 AM

At this point UGA should not be in the top 10 in my opinion. Bama should be between 6-8.

Why was clemson penalized for “winning” a close game against a team that beat the “horrible” team who beat UGA between the hedges? If a team is penalized for a close “win” against a decent team, then why is a team not penalized more for a “bad” loss, at home, against a horrible team?

So UGA should not factor in at all. Regarding Bama, they should not be in above a team whose one loss is their conference championship, or a team who has one loss and wins their conference championship.

Again, it shouldn’t matter if UGA runs the table in the SEC and wins their conference championship, that one “BAD” loss should rule them out.

Nov 13, 2019, 9:51 AM

I thought your post couldn't get more ridiculous than your opening "UGA should not be in the top 10." Yet, you found a way to top it in lunacy with your closing "...it shouldn't matter if UGA runs the table and wins their conference championship, that one bad loss should rule them out." I suspect you had a different view of this the years Clemson loss to Syracuse and Pitt.

Nov 13, 2019, 10:02 AM

Gonna have to agree with the Dawg here. Our Syracuse loss in 2017 was just as bad if not worse.

UGA has one of the top 5 defenses right now, They are just ahead of us in scoring defense and just behind OSU. It's the offense that is the problem for them. Need to wait and see how they do from here on out.

Regardless, it will all take care of itself in 4 weeks so the comments complaining about Bama and UGA are a bit too early.

Nov 13, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Alabama or Georgia - who deserves higher? ]

Also factor in that App state who beat the coots but lost
to Ga Southern the week before.

Nov 13, 2019, 9:58 AM

Right now, as things stand, what a lot of people are not seeing is that Georgia controls the East and Bama needs help.
Also, both Bama and UGA have a game remaining against Auburn,which will play into the mix.

I'd have Oregon ahead of them both***

Nov 13, 2019, 10:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,055
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic